The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 34 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I suspect he's actually out of danger and already stabilized. As people keep mentioning, the first 48 hours are crucial. He's already in his 4th day now. And probably improving.

Go Schumi!

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Whilst it's true that the first 72 hours are the most crucial, he's still very much in danger.

Add to that we don't know if his neuro stuff is affected yet. That means he could very much live the rest of his life paralyzed, blind or whatever.

I don't want to put a downer on things but I don't think we should assume that simply because he got through the first 4 days, he'll be out and about next week as if nothing happens. The first 72 hours where crucial to keep him alive, not to assess any damage.

That said, I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully today or tomorrow they'll start taking him out of his induced coma and perform tests, if he's stable enough. After the tests they'll put him under again. If he's able to breathe on his own, that's a good sign...

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    At 10:10 in the morning here in France on Friday, January 3rd, no press conference seems to be coming today; at least nothing has been announced yet.
    A silent gathering of fans has been organised for his birthday at 14:00.

Rgds

4. Paulo Ferrari

Paulo Ferrari Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Portugal - Porto
    Happy Birthday Schumi !!!

5. Rennmaus

Rennmaus Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    now Passau
    Full Name:
    Gisela & Helmut S.
    #831 Rennmaus, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    For Schumi's Birthday, I only have ONEwish for him:
    I wish him all the Strength & healing it needs for him to comprehend,
    how much he is loved....and admired
    Godspeed Michael

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Happy Birthday Michael. I wish you many more.

7. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    You guys should watch the new F1 movie Rush. These drivers are true fighters. Happy birthday Schumi!

8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Happy Birthday Schuey! Looking forward to seeing you behind the wheel again soon.

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Take sums today up nicely:

Taki Inoue ‏@takiinoue 1h
    No press conference/management update expected on Schumacher's condition today means "**** OFF and Respect his privacy". Don't you get it?

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    With Schumacher's birthday and the fans' pilgrimage to the hospital I was thinking about Schumacher monuments around the world. And I realized that I couldn't think of a single one. There are Fangio, Senna and Villeneuve statues all over the globe and even living drivers like Jones and Brabham got their monuments but AFAIK none for MS.

I wonder whether that will change soon given his accident. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more corners on tracks getting named after him.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Can you confer with Rob?
    I think FChat...the biggest online Ferrari community...should have its own gesture.
    I think shutting it down for 5min with a banner wishing Michael well would be very cool.
    Thanks.

12. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    At the moment, Michael is still in critical condition - no further press conference announced by the hospital, because Michaels condition didn't get worse since tuesday. That's a little good sign, but it doesn't mean much. 48 hours are not enough to say he pushed through, due to the major brain injuries.

I heard that not only some fans will meet at the hospital, IIRC a Ferrari club will appear as well.

Sorry for my "time fault" last night - I just forgot the time differences. I was kind of confused reading all the congrats that early.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I like your idea.
    I'm contacting the boss.

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Excellent... :)

15. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Hah. You made my day once again. Thanks.

As a side note, I have a mediation next week I was assigned to at least attempt to settle. This young girl had major head trauma, induced coma for 3 weeks, multiple surgeries, and is now recovering very well but with no memory of the incident (thankfully), but otherwise ok. Amazing.

16. cmack

cmack Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Germany
    I totally disagree with You.
    "Many people are very hateful" is a statement that is giving a totally wrong
    impression. Of course not everyone was too happy about his choice to reside
    in Switzerland, but it never really hurt his popularity here. As the media response
    to his accident shows, he is still a national hero and very popular in Germany.
    Of course, if You are so succesful as MS was, You don't have just friends. But that happens
    everywhere. Not everyone in Britain is a supporter of Lewis Hamilton and not
    everyone in Germany supports Vettel, althogh he is close to reaching the same
    status as MS.

17. Vanquish80

Vanquish80 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2011
    Germany,Switzerland
    #843 Vanquish80, Jan 3, 2014
    Just read the comments in different German media.

"Many" is the correct word to describe. Off course the most people are thinking of him and don't give anything about his residence, but I was just shocked over that many negative comments.

Maybe you got anything wrong in my post. Drop me a PM if neccessary.

18. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Cool, thanks.

There's another thread going in silver where the same idea has been floated. I suggested we either try for 2pm Eastern or, even better, whenever is the 'busiest' time of day?

Then, we've got to come up with the appropriate verbiage, and fairly quickly too. I'll try and start, but am sure someone will at least improve my effort! ;)

Watch this space.....

Cheers,
    Ian

19. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    A start;

"In honor of the great Michael Schumacher, we, Ferrarichat, one of the largest online communities in the world are focusing our energy and sending prayers his way for a few minutes at this time.

Many recognize the power of positive energy, so please add yours to this virtual vigil and we may just be able to make a difference.

Thanks for your understanding and best wishes and speedy recovery to the greatest driver to have ever lived.

Get well soon champ!

Sincerely,
    The global Ferrari Chat community.

?.... Doesn't mention that it's also his birthday, but is that needed?

Anyone else want to have a go, please feel free!

Just thought it may also be very nice to have it in, at least, German & French too - I know we can do that also!

20. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg

The above looks pretty good, IMO. Why not mention birthday wishes? I mean that's the reason to do something on this particular day, right?

21. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Very true.... I was struggling to get the sentence structure right and wanted to get it out there as a start. But you're right, should certainly include at least a sentence mentioning his birthday! 'Happy birthday' doesn't seem right though!

22. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Just "Birthday wishes" or "Best wishes on your birthday" or something along those lines, maybe.

23. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    #849 Fast_ian, Jan 3, 2014
    How about;

?
    Edit: still don't much like it... No 'best wishes' in there.... Come on guys, someone else have a go

Rob; please let's do this!

24. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #850 PeterS, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Should be something brief and thoughtful, maybe something like this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login