The NASCAR bashing thread... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The NASCAR bashing thread...

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RussianM3_dude, Sep 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    NASCAR like any other racing is fun to watch. The best fun is the crashes whether its in IRL or F1 it the wrecks thats the fun. Also you might want to go to a NASCAR track and rent one of them there 650HP hunks of iron and drive the track. Costs about $400 to $100 to do it depending on how many laps you buy but its a hell of a lot of fun. I gota do it again and try to hit the 200 barrier. Only got to 180 at Pocono. Enjoy the ride

2. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    ...different strokes for different folks.

3. azbobbybooshay10

Jun 4, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Bobby Patricca
    I bet Tony would absolutly kick some ass in an F1 car. No matter what kind of car he gets in, he kicks ass. He's won an IRL title, NASCAR title, sprint car title, and has damn near won the 24 Hours of Daytona two years in a row. Anyone see him in the Busch race at Daytona in February? He got turned SIDEWAYS thru the grass at 190, kept his foot in it, and only lost like 10 spots. Came back in 20 laps and won the race.

I used to despise Gordon, until I saw him drive JPM's car at Indy. He was what, maybe 3 seconds off POLE for the previous USGP? Didn't they say that if they put that speed into the grid, he would start 14th or something? Not to mention, he looked like a kid in a candy store when he pulled out onto the straight and punched it. JPM on the other hand, didn't he miss turn one TWICE? He had a hell of a time wrestling that car around.

And I hadn't thought about the Gordon/Johnson in the ROC a couple years ago. Don't tell me those guys only know how to turn left! IIRC, Gordon did a ride-along with Gronholm in a WRC car a couple years ago, and Gronholm rolled it 6 times? Was Gordon scared? Hell no! He wanted to do it again!

And remember Earnhardt Sr. in the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2001 (just a couple weeks before his death :( ). He went out and kicked some serious ass. If his Vette didn't break a halfshaft, him and Dale Jr. would have won it in their first try.

I'm not just a NASCAR fan, or just an F1 fan. I'm a racing fan. If its got 4 wheels (and sometimes 2) and an engine, I'm a fan. NASCAR, F1, IRL, Champ Car, ALMS, Speed GT, Australian V8 Supercars, SCCA, Super Japan GT, ETCC, World of Outlaws, WRC, NHRA, D1 Drifting, Moto-X, I like them all. Each one of them is different and cool in its own unique ways.

And don't call me a "good ol boy" either. Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, thank you. 19 years old. And addicted to speed, no matter which series it is.

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Great quote. Yeah, that's what NASCAR sometimes looks like (seems to have the same fans as WWF).

5. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    A joke I just made up.

"How many Nascar drivers are needed to change a lightbulb?"

"Two. One to hold the bulb in the socket, the other one to rotate him around and around and around and around and around and around and around..."

6. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate

Wow some people just have way to much time on there hands... If you think nascars so easy buy a car and run it in the nextel cup, busch, or even buy a dirt car and run with some of those guys. Go to Stewarts El Dora dirt track and see how much better then you are. I will bet 200 grand that you cant and about 99 percent cant beat him on a dirt track. Drag racing is another redneck race but theres millionares who do that too.

7. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Well Said.

8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Earnhardt Sr was magic that night at daytona. One of the most impressive drives i'd ever seen. Trading paint was cool as well. A professional driver is just that they can flat drive anything fast. As far as kicking Spencer's butt in a stockcar at a road course i'd doubt it, if it were in equal cup cars. Sorry but he's done it before on a professional level, i don't know what level you've competed at but unless it's NASCAR or Busch cars i'd have to give him the advantage.

Anyone that says NASCAR is easy should go out there and try it. Chances are you'll drop a loaf in your pants. For the money, it's the easiest to get started in and most competive form of motorsport out there, bar none. And i aint a good Ol Boy either. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY.

9. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Geez.........P&R section get's moved to a subscriber basis because of trolls and now the race forum is going downhill.

No offense but what's your point in this entire post? That you don't like NASCAR???? Whoopdie doo, I don't like snow mobile racing, tractor racing, boat racing, .............. So what ? There are many people who watch the above motorsports, if they didn't the sports would not have any revenue and they wouldn't exist.

What's you point in all this...that you are a more sophisticated motorsports fan because you watch F1. Who cares. There are likely people who watch NASCAR who could rebuild a big block motor blindfolded while there are many an F1 fan here on Fchat (myself included) that barely know a spark plug from a drain plug.

Real race fans watch just about any racing and don't discriminate against such by the body fat ratio of the drivers or the IQ of their fans.

You remind me of some of the Ferrari Club members that sniff their nose at my Acura Race car because it's not a Ferrari. I thoroughly enjoy seeing the look on their faces when I tell them the car that just passed them in the earlier session has a whopping 140 horsepower to the wheels. Even more gratifying is telling them I too used to own a Ferrari. They just don't get it !!!!!!

Racin' is Racin'!

Jon

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well if you look at his last statement, Jon, he even calls himself a troll.

11. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I honestly can't see how going in a circle for an hour is racing.

12. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    How is it not racing? You're competing against other ppl, you're reaching a goal, you come out in first place at the end of the race and you win. It's not that hard to understand.

Thanks for the Gordon info, do you think he's to old to race in F1 if by chance he wanted to go into that?

13. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Whoever thinks my Nascar joke is good? Regardless of what you think about Nascar?

14. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Another thing is those cars acutally have a clutch and they beat the hell out of those cars. How many times have you seen a F1 car do a burnout? Plus how many problems has Ferrari had with there F2005. Compare that to say one of roush racings car or even the entire feild. Nascars are built well, fast, and you actually need to know how to drive a real car to drive a nascar.

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's the dumbest thing I've read in weeks.

16. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    That has been my feeling for some time, I couldn't agree more.

Tastless NASCAR humor:

"Well at least Dale Earnhardt died doing what he loved..."

"No, he loved making left hand turns, he died making a right hand turn."

- Chris

17. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    This has to be one of the dumbest threads on FChat.

NASCAR is just as much motor sports and racing as F-1, World Rallye, DTM, etc. This like saying black cars are better than white cars, its a personal choice. It is just as pathetic to criticize someone based on their preference in auto racing, as it is to bash them because of the color of their car.

It takes strength and endurance to drive on a NASCAR oval for 500 miles at 190MPH, just as it takes strength and endurance to drive an F1 car at speed for two hours with both left and right G-forces. It may take even more skill than either one of these to drive a sprint car on a dirt oval. How many of you have done any of these? If you haven't driven on an oval at 195MPH, don't criticize it. If you haven't driven somethng like an F1 car, or an endurance car on a road course like Road America or Spa, don't criticize it.

I have been following motor sports since the days of Lorenzo Bandini and Fireball Roberts. I prefer to watch F1, but I sure have enjoyed the NASCAR races I attend at Daytona. And no, where I sit at Daytona, the fans are not like WWF fans, they are professionals just like those that I sit next to at the USGP. Some of the fans around me in Monza for the Italian GP came closer to WWF fans, so to generalize is ridiculous.

RussianM3_dude, if you can't see how "going in a circle" is racing, then your attitude is rather myopic. The Dale Earnhardt joke is really tasteless. From that, and using your philosophy, should we assume that all F1 fans are tasteless?

18. BobR

BobR Guest

Jul 8, 2005
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bob Rouleau
    I might as well weigh in here.

1) I don't find Oval racing very interesting, be it NASCAR or IRL. On the other hand I don't like fake boobs either and I'm probably a minority there too.

2) Until you have driven at high speed on an oval, do not make the mistake of underestimating the skill required. I've done it and it requires all the finesse, "feel" and car control of circuit racing, maybe even more since the walls are always so close not to mention 30 other guys who are happy to nudge you out of the way. There is a "line" on an oval, it isn't just a matter of turning left.

3) One of the best races (IMO) is the NASCAR race at Watkins Glen. The cars are as close to each other as they are on the ovals. Conventional circuit racers are never that consistently close to each other. Oh, check their lap times and compare them to say a Ferrari 360 GT or a Porsche GT3 Cup. Those Fords and Chevys are faster. It comes as no surprise that NASCAR drivers can jump into a Gran-Am or F1 car and drive them competently.

Regards,

19. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Make that two of us!!! ;) ...see you Sunday!

20. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Please...just...stop.

21. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Don't feed the trolls.

22. ou_phidelt

ou_phidelt Rookie

Feb 17, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Justin Jones
    BTW, there are 43 cars in a race.

23. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The things I dislike about NASCAR are the intentional contact and how on occasion there is the mysterious yellow flag that comes out late in races seemingly to tighten up the field. Also many races seem to end under caution as the drivers slam and bang into each other on restarts at the end of races.

24. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Your right NASCAR is racing but unlike Formula One I don't get the sudden urge to go out and buy Cheerios or a box of Tide.....that's what the coupon section in the Sunday news paper is for. The only way I can tell the cars apart in NASCAR is buy what there selling.

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Mod please close this thread up, i think we've all had enough of this