The New Site | FerrariChat

The New Site

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by George Vosburgh, Oct 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Folks, I'm not out to start a fight here but it must be said that, in speaking personally to people that have used this site regularly in the past, the new site is not as user friendly as the old platform. I can understand the need for the upgrade but I think we need some tweaking to make the new platform more useable and intuitive. The new "conversation" space, doing away with PMs, is a bust. If you start a "conversation", people can't figure out how to answer! As it is I had to go to a moderator just to figure out how to start a conversation. I think if the site starts to experience less traffic, the reason will be obvious. I love this site and I use it daily, I would hate to see it not thrive but it just got much harder to use. Respectfully GV

Hoodude, tonyswfla and Jrdude5 like this.
  2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    I totally agree. I'm having a difficult time sending messages.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jrdude5 likes this.
  3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I don't know .. kind of grown accustomed to logging on three or four times the session as I visit different areas of the site. Makes me feel very secure. LOL

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    That's weird...and frustrating I'm sure.
    I haven't had that experience personally, so might be your settings.

Only thing that bugs me about this site is the time limit for post edits. Not sure I understand the need for it at all, much less 10 min.

5. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Font is very hard to read...background fuzzy,copied background even fuzzier...(did I miss the memo on how to change this?…if so,well excuse me)
    ...have figured out how to send pm’s..but no replies?..where is that noticed?...
    ...and tried to post a pic ...to a post...and Post was crushed by pic..aborted fix,failed attempt..frustrated. Finally got partially satisfied,and didn’t locate ‘preview’ button...sent anyway.
    These are but a few challenges encountered..I’m just not such a happy subscriber camper
    But cheers anyway RE

6. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    After realizing that "conversations" meant PM's, I actually like the new format much better than before. It now reads as a thread and is much easier to follow.

taz355 and Dave rocks like this.
  7. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It is most definitely NOT my settings.

8. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    It wasn't broke, but they fixed it anyway.

I find myself using fchat much less often than before. The new layout doesn't look as good, is harder on the eyes, and harder to read. Not sure what the benefit of the change was supposed to be, but I haven't found it yet.

9. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    More of a necessity rather than a benefit. The previous format no longer had support.