The nightmare of not having Apple Car Play | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The nightmare of not having Apple Car Play

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Foxxer, Jan 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    He’s right. It’s a Chrysler MyGig unit which was also installed in several model years of Grand Cherokee. Code RHR 730N. The logic 7 version in the FF hi-Fi upgrade was also found in the Cherokee SRT8.

I have been trying the Chrysler and Jeep forae to see if there have been any plug and play replacements/updates given how relatively common the unit is. Sadly, I haven’t had much luck.

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    What do you mean plug and play? The dash trim kit (to me) was the most exotic part. I thought I was going to have to get it custom fabbed

It's a double din height unit, so anything double din will fit. That's what I'm doing, I narrowed my choices by wanting wireless Carplay and at least two camera inputs (rear camera, and then the front camera)

I also wanted at least 2 years of warranty (there are cheaper versions of the same "model line" that just offer 1 year warranty)

3. Outrun

Outrun Karting

The guys over at SportsMaserati solved this by creating a kit which essentially overlays a clear touch screen onto the factory screen. There’s a module to install that controls the whole thing and allows you to use either the factory system or a full CarPlay (or Android) system if you prefer. On the Maseratis, the system is ancient rubbish so it really updates a GranTurismo to have decent modern functionality. Perhaps this is a way to solve this for Ferrari too, without such a large cost.