The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Apr 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    LOL!

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I simply do not understand how ferrari can vary the styling so much from a single piece grill on the 355, to a dual inlet unit on the 360, back to a single on this car! For the record, I really think this is not a good design if thats it..:(

3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for the post!!

4. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    As a general rule, when you see a photo for something that may or may not be real, and it is as crapped up as that pic. is, someone has messed with the photo and then made it dirty/blurred/generally sh*tty to cover up their shoddy editing work. How many times have you ever actually seen a picture that is that jacked up? I don't know of any camera that will take something like that. The screening pattern(the evenly spaced noise) looks almost like this was printed on a t-shirt. So is it absolutely fake...I don't know the answer but my guess would be that it's not a 100% accurate portrayl of a real photo.

-ag

5. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    I rather like it actually!!
    The first time i saw a picture of the 360 at the front, i thought, oh no, what have they done!!! With those 2 big gaping holes there!!! But when i saw it in the flesh, i very fast started to like it! At this moment it is still THE car for me! I just think we have to wait a bit longer for final official pictures from Ferrari itself!
    I have some feeling that it will be an awesome car, both in design and performance!
    Just MHO

CIAO...

Guy

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    how about a phone camera? the moderator at the rennteam.com claims to have the pic and only published the lights and they are exactly like the picture here.

7. Okam2000

Okam2000 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 29, 2004
    A new model's looks have nothing to do with resale value rates. Particularly in this market segment where having the latest and greatest is far more important to status-hounds than what the car actually looks like.

I find myself wishing that Ferrari had gone out on a limb and redesigned the 360's body completely. The new look is no better or worse in my eyes than a base 360M, but I do feel the 360CS looks the best of the three so far.

This seems like another 348 ---> 355 jump in terms of styling.

8. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I believe that photo is genuine since it's the same one I saw a few months ago, from a trustworthy source. It's poor quality as it was taken with a camera phone.

The front intake is just depressing.

9. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I think we should just wait until we see it in person.

10. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    That's what everyone says when they say about the new BMW 5-series. But guess what happens when we really see it in real life......

11. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I never liked the new 5, right from the beginning. In person it looks - a little bit - better, but I still don't like it. Even the so called M5 concept from Geneva looked somehow weird.

12. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    The split spoke wheels look correct, seems like everyone in Europe has bit off on the same split spoke thing, seems potentially legit. The nose sucks unfortunately.

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I agree that it could easily be the work of a camera phone. I actually like it. Rims look nice -- very Enzo like. Rear air intake is more prominant, which is also a good thing. Like the side mirrors. And best of all, the one design fault I find with the 360 has been remedied here: the wide lights. The narrower lights give it a more contoured look. As for the grill, looks quite menancing to me.

Bring it on baby!

14. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    There is an interesting tail sketch on www.rennteam.com, if thats the new 420, I take one. Go to Ferrari section and then to 420 rear view.

15. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Looks real to me, but then again I'm no photogrpahic expert ?

Car looks like a reasonable evolution from the current model though, not sure why so many people dislike the nose, SF and Pinninfarina usually make necessary utilitarian aerodynamic and cooling features into styling statements, seems like they have just done the same here ?

Seb

16. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I actually kind of like what I see so far. But it does for some reason remind me of an nsx a bitin the front for some reason.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

(Puts on flame suit)

18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #43 F1racer, May 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    those pix compare well with the pic that brian posted further up of the car possibly taken with a camera phone

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  21. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    What an ugly nose. Here's my proposal:

22. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Whoa whoa whoa....what's the story with this new italiaspeed pic. Could this be it?

23. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    On the site..its said..
    ''Spy photography has led Italiaspeed to present an exclusive preview of the new car.''

So I guess this is not real but its suppose to be very similar.

24. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Its not that nice from that angle.
    The front , I can get use to the smiling grill but that bump towards the rear is buging me a bit.

25. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Looks like a pumpkin. :D