The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by geertf60, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    well, based on those "concept" pictures as i guess they are

2. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill

DITO THAT!

3. CarCrazy

CarCrazy Karting

Oct 2, 2004
    Douglassville, PA
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Like Harley Davidson motorcycles everything is in the eye of the beholder. I DON'T like it at all !! Looks like a giant red smiley face or 350Z pumped up. I am days away from wrapping up a purchase on a 355 and this just makes me happy that I am getting a car that anyone will see as a Ferrari vs. this new 600. The 550 & 575 might actually benefit now & get stronger prices than what we've been seeing. I hope I am wrong but it appears as if Ferrari might be going down the Chris Bangle road of BMW ... screwing things up !

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    No one outside Ferrari knows how the car is going to look. Not even dealers. We can only guess and my guess is, the 600 will be a nice reference to the Daytona.

5. Iggy_Type_R

Iggy_Type_R Karting

May 16, 2004
    When I was in Maranello 2 weeks ago, I saw a camoflaged ferrari that looked like a 612, but wasn't ... cause the 612 is out! :)

It looked good, but was hard to see, as it was dusk and raining. it was higher and longer than the 430... so yeah... although that pic looks photochopped, the real thing is not that far behind... if what I saw was the 575 replacement! :)

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    You won't see it riding around without the camouflage.

7. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    we should probabbly be getting offical pics soon.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Niente more ?

9. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    The mods should delete those stupid R&T photoshopped "600 Imola" pictures (actually just a mutilated 612 Scaglietti).

They're not the real thing at all, and are completely misrepresentitive of the actual car. They'll only get people confused.

Quite frankly I think it was irresponsible of R&T to publish rubbish like that.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Once again, I spoke to the designer giving the presentation at Pebble. His comments about the Road & Track pics were, "It's all a fake. It's all a fake."

My last words to him, FWIW, were,"Make it mean, my friend. Make it lean and mean."

Dale

11. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    From Auto Express :

Ferrari Imola On Track

Ferrari is moving to Imola - and fast. The hot new two-seater which will replace the 575 Maranello, is tipped to be named after the legendary circuit which hosts the San Marino Grand Prix. Exclusive pictures can be seen in the current issue of Auto Express

Taking its styling cues from the 612 Scaglietti, insiders tell us the new model will be called the F600 Imola, and will slot into the Ferrari range between the smaller F430 and the four-seater 612. The badge comes from the 600bhp, 6.0-litre V12 under the bonnet.

Designed by Pininfarina, the F600 will have aggressive features to mark it out as a focused supercar. Protruding wing mirrors, will become a styling hallmark of all future Ferraris.

Already part way through its development programme, our spies snapped the prototype leaving the factory. The test mule is wearing a cut-down 612 bodyshell, with the shorter wheelbase and ill-fitting panels clearly visible.

Many mechanical parts are shared with the 612, and the car will be based on an aluminium spaceframe chassis. Longer than the outgoing 575, the F600 will be a true driver's machine, but also far more stable when cornering.

The engine is derived from the unit found in the Enzo supercar, so buyers can look forward to a 0-60mph sprint time of around four seconds, while a clutchless manual transmission will provide the quickest possible gearchanges.

Expect the new supercoupé to have similar prices to the model it replaces, making F600 Imola ownership the preserve of those with a budget of at least £150,000. Anyone with more to spend can also look forward to an open-top Barchetta version, scheduled for 2007.

--------------------

"Protruding wing mirrors, will become a styling hallmark of all future Ferraris."

What is meant by 'protruding wing mirrors'?

12. janus

janus Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Croatia
    Full Name:
    Janko
    Sounds terrific, but what could the ''clutchless manual transmission'' be, is some new type of tranny or a writters error ?

13. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I think he's just referring to the F1 system.

14. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Has someone seen these "exclusive pictures" in Autoweek? If there is anything else than the ugly 612ish test mules, I would love to see them.

Tom

15. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I wonder how many here have placed a firm deposit on the Imola.

I have had a cash deposit on it since July 2002, anyone else?

16. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Oct '00, we were expecting our 3.5yo daughter @ time, bought VdP S/C @ for my wife.

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #192 tonyh, Oct 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    This has nothing to do with the 575 replacement.
    This is a picture pistonheads.com decided to put to represent the 575 Super America. (convertible 575)
    ;)

19. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  20. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
  21. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey, Bangle is AMERICAN! :)

22. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Anyone seen better pics of it. To me it looks very similiar to the 612, it's going to replace the 575 in 06 or 07, just what I heard.

23. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    That shot is an early test mule. Check the 600 thread on the model specific forum.

Forza,

Cavallini

24. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #200 Sfumato, Nov 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017