The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread | Page 9 | FerrariChat

The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by geertf60, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Maybe I'm just stupid, but I have done searches on all kinds of things and never gotten a good search. I don't believe I'm the only one with this problem I have seen it posted plenty of times about the search engine not giving what your looking for. And I have a bearded dragon and python so let the kittens die.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Must be stupid then ;) :D ...

The Official 550/575 Replacement Thread (600 Imola)

In the appropriate section: FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > Modern (355/456/550 & Later) ... :confused: ... and has been around as a sticky (a thread that does not age and thus disappear if not replied to) since February 2004!

Don't need the search functionality for finding that ... just a quick look in the appropriate place and BINGO there she is ... oh the Internet, how hard it is at first.

Pete ;)

3. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I hate cats so let it ride........

4. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Ouch ;), lol seriously guys, not that I like cats or anything crazy like that but searching isn't really that hard is it??

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Hey Pete thanks for the advice and the stupid thing---At least we drive on the right side of the rode over here. HAHA

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    My pleasure ;).

I prefer driving on the road myself :D

Pete

7. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    #207 damcgee, Nov 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry ... couldn't resist, bored at work :D :D.

Enjoy.
    Pete

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Now according to the new rules to belittle or insult could result in a ban.

10. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    so who cares if he doesn't search? There are few "brand new" posts or topics.

As a topic is revisted others can pipe in that may not have been here for the earlier thread.

If we held to that rule strictly this place would be pretty thin!

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes that is why I appologised ... not trying to save being banned (who cares ;)), but because of my having fun at your expense comment. My spelling is questionably many times.

Anyway, have a look at the 600 Imola thread ... hopefully you will find a discussion worth adding to there :).

Pete

12. makaveli200369

Nov 1, 2004
    VROOOM you're so right about that number being too even and the imola name. When I first read the word the instant picture in my mind was not a ferrari but yet a small 600cc go kart. it just does not have that ring to it...

13. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Isn´t the track called Enzo e Dino Ferrari, and doesn´t the name Imola refer to the name of the town? Other than that, I believe the track is indeed located in Italy, allthough it is host to the San Marino GP.

14. Iggy_Type_R

Iggy_Type_R Karting

May 16, 2004
    Hey that's exactly what I saw pulling out of the Ferrari factory last month! :D

15. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    San Marino is actually a separate country that like the Vatican, lies within the boarders of Italia. It is a very interesting place to visit.

aehaas

16. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I thought the track actually is located in Italy. Not in San Marino. The call it the San Marino GP since Monza is the official Italian GP and Bernie doesn´t like one country to have two GP´s. Like there´s the German GP in Hockenheim and the European GP at the Nurburgring.

17. polm

polm Rookie

Jun 2, 2004
    hello
    at autoplus france , french magazine
    we have the news spyshot and the computer (final?) shots of the 600 maranello/imola

if you have it post it thanks ...

18. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I'm sorry to correct you, but actually San Marino really IS a separate country despite being inside of Italy... It's an independed state, same goes for Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein and the Holy See fe... They're very small, but they have their own flags, laws, aso... It's obviously true that they are influenced by surrounded countries, but they aren't part of it... BTW, San Marino is a republic, not a principality... ;)

FYI http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/sm.html

The city and track of Imola are indeed located in Italy, but host the San Marino GP, for reasons already mentioned by GTE...

I also think Imola would be a nice name for a future Ferrari... :D

19. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    The pci from motor trend is photoshopped. Those test mule pics are the real thing. I sure hope the motor trends version is not real.

20. gentry

gentry Guest

I like the test mule pics, they are pretty nice. It seems like a logical design progression considering the other design changes lately.

I dont even see the 612 as being that huge of a departure from the 456 design. Just bulging at the seams basically.

Should be interested to see this new 600 in a targa or cab like the 75 america (which I love).

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Go take a look at a 612 parked next to a 456 and you'll see they have nothing in common.
    612 looks huge next to 456!

22. gentry

gentry Guest

Hence the bulging at the seams comment. I have seen them next to each other, and thats where I got the comparison from.

23. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    #223 vimal_enzo, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. gentry

gentry Guest

Interesting...
    and your use of the word cunning reminded me of a line from Action!, the short lived, and rather funny, show on Fox in 2000 where Jay Mohrs, Character told his ex wife "What a cunning stunt you are". heh. Random, sorry.

25. vimal_enzo

vimal_enzo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    VMLN8R
    so what I mean is that the car featured in Road & Track is not the 600 Imola, merely a photoshopped version of the car spyed in The Car Connection (a modified 612 Scagiletti)