The OFFICIAL cheap 3x8 for sale thread! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The OFFICIAL cheap 3x8 for sale thread!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Birdman, Dec 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    18 mi from the surf,, close to Pismo, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #51 350HPMondial, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Forza Motorsports;

it comes with;
    Good Euro Engine
    Clean and Clear California title
    USA and CA EPA releases

but it needs:
    Bumpers
    Grill
    Windshield trim
    Drivers door
    Passanger door glass and door internals
    rear quarter glass and trim
    Steering column cover
    Door tops with fuzzy weatherstrip
    Shift gate
    Alarm panel
    Console plate
    switchs
    .....etc.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I wasn't aware the Forza Motorsports car needed a new driver's door...the pics on the website show a clean, dent-free driver's door.....but its also listed in the FCA newsletter.

3. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    The door is just a shell, the passenger door comes with the regulator, but no glass.

I'm was thinking it would be cheeper to just get a whole new drivers door with the glass and window mechanism

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

The problem with that is for 5-6K more you can get a complete running Mondial 8 coupe. Sure, this is a Euro model, but all those little pieces are going to peck you to death financially -- especially for the guy who think's he's buying a "cheap" Ferrari.

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I saw that on their site a few months ago when a friend was looking for a cheap Mondial and I'll tell you what i told him. RUN from that car! Just look at all the missing stuff. That car will be $30K before it's complete, easily. Any it will not be worth anywhere near that. It's not even that good a deal as a parts car....half the parts are gone!

Birdman

6. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    ...but I could turn it into something nice!

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman

You are about the only person that could!!

8. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    Just get a few people to chip a little in, slap a SC kit on it, ship it to me (not expensive) and I'll send back the first LHD Monzer!

In fact you can strip off most of the panels & all of the interior, sell them on eBay before you send it as well...

9. 350HPMondial

350HPMondial F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2002
    Full Name:
    Edwardo
    #59 350HPMondial, Feb 8, 2007
  10. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Its a shame I didn't know about this a few months ago before I sold my door trim, I still have the glass available

11. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Tempting, but I'll keep saving up for a 348!!

Birdman

12. DougS026

DougS026 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Doug S
    #62 DougS026, Feb 8, 2007
    $14100 seems like a great deal for this car that just sold on ebay if it's legit. Pics look good. 61k miles. Needs a belt change.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230085552786&rd=1,1

Here's the description form ebay:

Vehicle Condition

The Ferrari runs and drives great.

It shifts smoothly though all of the gears. The paint is in above average shape.

Tires have good tread (look at the pictures and see)

Seats are in average shape for a 25 year old vehicle. There are no rips or tears but there is some wear in them (see pictures).

All of the controls in the dash work. Lights etc., all work. A/C does not blow cold (might just need Freon). There are no cracks in the dash

California residents

Car does not have California smog equipment (Catlyc Converters). Car will need to be taken to a California smog lab to become California legal .I am selling the vehicle without a California smog certificate.

Car must be sold outside of California or If you do live in Californinia it will be sold as a non-operating vehicle.

The spoiler has chipping paint on the passenger side.

Front windshield has a white spot (I think it is from the heat)

Ownership History

This is a Euro version of the Mondial (hence the black Euro front grills)

The Ferrari was imported into the United States in March 1986 to Massachusetts..

It was sold in 1987 in New Hampshire. This owner owned the car until September 2004.

In 2004 it was sold to someone in Colorado.

I purchased this vehicle on August 18, 2006 at a vehicle auction to resell.

Service History

I don’t have all of the service records, but I do have several pages of records from the owner from New Hampshire who owned it for 17 years.

I have recently had some work done on the car including repairing the brake calipers and putting new brakes on. I also had the battery replaced, along with some cables. I also had the oil and filter changed so it is ready to drive.

I believe the belts were changed in 1996 (if I am reading the receipts correctly). There have been less than 5,000 miles put on the car since 1996.

I also have receipts for $1297.11 in August 2004 (I am not sure if this is part of the 15k service or not).

I do not have any of the paperwork from the Colorado owner and I am not sure if he did any service work on it or not (but it looks like he only put about 3000 miles on the car).

I can fax copies of what paperwork I have if anyone would like.

Other info

I just drove the Ferrari home from Monterey (191 miles) and the Ferrari drove great

I have not driven the Ferrari a lot but when I have driven it I did not notice any major problems.

The pink slip is in my hand and not with a lender.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. sailrat

sailrat Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    MI
    Full Name:
    Brad
  14. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    ...and not one single bid with 4hrs. left on the auction - shocking.

15. sailrat

sailrat Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    MI
    Full Name:
    Brad
    LOL!
    Thanks

16. BoxerCrazy

BoxerCrazy Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    Did anyone take a look at the Blue Mondial that was on craigslist in philidelphia?

just curious,that blue/tan is my favorite!!!!

wondering what kind of shape its in??

doug hunt

17. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    The dark blue one that is on FerrariAds right now?

18. BoxerCrazy

BoxerCrazy Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Charleston WV
    Full Name:
    Douglas A Hunt
    Yes that is the same car!!

anyone seen it in person??

doug hunt

19. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    That car was for sale when I was shopping, probably Sept. and October 2006, apparently by the same seller. $14k is just OK deal at best. It needs the belt service, a shop will wind up being at least $2k with all the while-you're-in-theres. A windshield will be at least $2k by the time it is in the car. A/C doesn't work. Maybe needs Freon, maybe needs more. Toyota dealer wanted $1350 to install a compressor in my dad's Echo. Think this will be less? Budget a kilobuck at least. If you use the lowball price estimates then that's a little on the low end of what an 8 coupe goes for, but not by much. If you live outside of CA you might get an OK deal. If you do the belts/service yourself you might even get a better deal. If you live in CA then you're in for a world of hurt when you have to smog it, because if it was easy the seller would have done it. The tires look good, which is a big plus since it looks like metric wheels. If Tuscon doesn't have smog requirements and the buyer is handy with a wrench he might have saved himself a few $$.

20. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Not only that, but it lacks a CA BAR sticker which u may not be able to get. Tempting, but most money pits are. [The voice of experience, speaking]

21. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    What is the word on forza motorsports? I saw a mondi cab on their site that looked interesting..

Thx

Howard

22. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    The windshield issue on that Mondial 8 on Ebay is going to be an expensive issue to cure..... Other expensive things...

23. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think they're okay... I've not dealt with them personally, but I believe a few here have.

Start a new thread with the car you're interested in to draw the most opinions (and attention!)...

24. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman