Ferrari 296 GTB Picture Thread | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 296 GTB Picture Thread

Discussion in '296' started by dcmetro, Jun 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
  2. LUPO71

LUPO71 Rookie

Jun 28, 2022
    FLORIDA
    Bella Macchina.....I struggled with the decision...order a new 296 GTB or buy the Concourse fully restored 1971 246 GT (full euro spec) for more money........i decided on the Dino. But, the 296 GTB is gorgeous......Dino's don't become available everyday however.

3. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    @F2003-GA, didn't you have a BC 488? Are you considering that color for a 296?

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes I did have a Blue Corsa 488 for me its become a been there and done it color I did like it but don't want to revisit the idea of another BC Ferrari

JimPVB likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Do you have anything in the pipeline with another color choice?

6. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Is it true Azurro California is $30k+? I wanted to go with that originally but my salesman told me that and I changed my mind. Why so much for that?

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    AFAIK it's because they took it out of the stock Historic Colors that are $12-16k. So it's now a Paint to Sample/Out of Range color. I also wanted AC but ended up with Celeste, which they have in the dealer configurator.

Cadeaux likes this.
  8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    My 296 GTS is 18-24 months away I'm leaning towards Verde Francesca
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Great choice and with green gaining more acceptance there are more verde choices now to!

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Green is definitely trending now and Verde Francesca should look classy for years to come

Slicknick and of2worlds like this.
  11. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    To me also, with small modification,
    Losing visor and keeping just the part between the lights in contrasting color.

elmadi likes this.
  12. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
  13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  14. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Never seen a purple ferrari, that looks beautiful. Do these special paints like this hold their value at all or is it a big negative since most are looking for say red,yellow,black? These paints are $30k+ correct?

15. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    A couple of points to remember regarding the unique paint colors. The paints are ordered through the Atelier or the 'tailor made' programs especially that offer an almost infinite number of paint colors and take a long time to process and build. Special paints are not done at the factory but off site. Delays make the instant presence of a special paint color a unique opportunity which commands a premium price. Some paint colors don't have a universal appeal but for that one buyer the color that meets his or her expectations is instantly available. In a tight market where demand exceeds supply getting a special options Ferrari quickly typically commands a price premium. In some ways Ferrari is a victim of their own success. This is especially true with the 'tailor made' Ferrari models that have a more complicated build specification; the factory is way behind in deliveries.

Cadeaux likes this.
  17. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    So not knowing much about this side of things, can I ask a few questions?

What are requirements to get a atelier or tailor made car?

Is there no way to order custom paint without it being an atelier? Like When I asked about Azzuro California I was told it was $30k, could I have gotten that or no its only for "tailor made"?

I do remember building mine, the salesman said it was nice to do a not red car bc 90% of what he builds is red/tan. So what percent of ferrari's would you say come with a special paint like that viola hong kong? Would that be more than the $30k i was quoted for Azzuro california?

18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Dealers are given a limited number of appointments to offer for favourite clients.
    Atelier will have some paint color choices but not as many as tailor made. Also some interior materials like Count Prestige leather for example can only be selected through a tailor made appointment. In recent times tailor made has been mostly for extreme colors and materials that some customers will provide themselves for Ferrari to work with.

Cadeaux likes this.
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Atelier can be utilized for some of the old classic paint colors of the past. However paint to sample is a 'tailor made' opportunity where your own imagination is basically the only restriction for colors. The Ferrari people at 'tailor made' have lots of experience guiding you to create a personal look for your Ferrari. They have a good understanding of what works and what doesn't look as good when finished. The process can take a year or two to complete a custom look for your Ferrari.

Cadeaux likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Most dealers only have a very few tailor made appointment to offer. The price of the paint is always increasing so it is difficult to put a dollar number on it. For example Grigio Silverstone along with a number of other colors where 'free' choices offered in the past. Recently Ferrari has started charging extra for them.

Cadeaux and F2003-GA like this.
  21. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    That is not strictly correct info about special request paint colours. It is possible to do this outside of the Atelier or Tailor Made route and can be done by any dealer. Here is the relevant section of the 2021 Programma Allestimenti Speciali guide which dealers will have in PDF format.

matthis, SECRET, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  22. nandofacchini

nandofacchini Karting

Sep 15, 2006
    I've never seen this pdf before. I'm curious. Do you have a copy you can post here?

of2worlds likes this.