The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread | Page 131 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Wheels1, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  2. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    A really nice spec with your car. I’m finishing up my back and forth with Tailor Made in Maranello and my biggest issue is the restriction on leather types and colours due to “homologation”. How hard is it to get different colours of each leather type homologated? Doesn’t seem to be a problem with limited series cars. Did you get what you originally wanted or did you compromise around the same homologation issue? I’m either going standard Verde Francesca or a triple layer version (waiting on sample) with green carbon.

Cocoloco and Thecadster like this.
  3. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #3253 Cocoloco, May 28, 2022
    Last edited: May 28, 2022
  4. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    It is a 2 layer paint. Ferrari now is charging for almost any paint. There is not much which is no cost. There are cost bandings $6-$7k then $12 to $16k then $34k to $40k. Verde Bottiglia is in the last band.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

611LW likes this.
  5. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Interesting so your two layer was 34 - 40k. Orig spec Verde Zeltweg 14k or Verde Scuro was 22k I told the dealer don't tell me the price on VBM just order it. :)

6. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    I must admit I did struggle a litttle. But from what I understand the car had to leave the normal paint line and it was painted by hand. So I think how much the disruption to production is a factor.

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    All “tailor made”paints are at or above that level. My two layer was the same price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boots likes this.
  8. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks. I spec’d at dealer - didn’t know it was a TM paint. Saw a Monza with Oro dream lines and copied.

9. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Homologation of leather or materials can be different in every country. Its all about where there is a safety standard on the interior Ferrari needs to have submitted the material for safety testing. The cost of homologating every color can be prohibitive because they may be selected very rarely. So they made a call on a selection of colors that would get tested. The limited series cars tend to be able to stand the cost of one off homologation . I went through this a lot on my car.

ScottS and clockem like this.
  10. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Thanks for taking the time for a detailed reply. The part I don't get is why colour matters. I can understand that leather/material type may be important but I don't get the part about the relevance of colour. For example, I could have a Cuoio upper dash on my car - that's ok but I would have thought it's perhaps a less safe option given it can cause windscreen reflections on sunny days. I went through it to a limited extent on my Tailor Made 812 SF but wanting to go green on my interior for my GTS it's a problem. May end up ditching the spec I did at Tailor Made in Maranello early April and going more basic.

11. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Boots likes this.
  12. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    Hi in homologation from a fire safety and in emergency operation perspective the manufacturer will disclose the chemicals used to dye the leathers, cloth or seatbelts etc. the test in homologation is as the part was presented including colors. The process of dying the item or the chemicals used could cause the item to fail a test. once certified by a country the manufacturer is free to mass produce to import using the materials that passed for assembly as passed. They face heavy fines if they change something without retest of an updated part, this includes software. Not many manufacturers offer a tailor made service like Ferrari. To homologate a whole car can cost many millions. Every time there is an updated part they need to evidence there had been no change to to a feature to avoid a retest and additional fees. The cost of the process of testing is high in terms of man hours needed to make a submission for retest.
    I would not be so hard on Ferrari on this matter. If u have a TM slot it is an opportunity to make a unique car as u know.

13. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just to add to the last point. When I ordered my Porsche GT3 which was a paint to sample, I wanted to have the back of the seats painted in the same color. They would not do it as the paint had not been approved for safety reasons to be included in the interior of the car.

ScottS and Mickey Bharat like this.
  14. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Thanks - interesting to know - I wonder what happens when people go out and have materials changed in their cars after delivery? There’s another thread in the 812 section where the owner went and had his interior completely redone at what must have been a lot of time and expense - curious if that affects warranty and insurance?

15. Mickey Bharat

Mickey Bharat Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 4, 2019
    Cotati, California
    Full Name:
    Mickey Bharat
    I know for a fact any modification to a Ferrari voids the warranty on the modified part. When the dealer inspection reports to Ferrari a modification Ferrari will void that specific part from warranty. Does not matter which part it is. I guess thats fair since the modification is not made by Ferrari. Ferrari do actually have a re-specification service where u can send a car back to Italy and officially change the spec. Must be super expensive and probably only worth doing on a car which Ferrari no longer manufacture.

16. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Quick q out of curiosity because I don't have the energy to go digging through search ...

Can the 812 be lowered on its own springs like the 458?
    If so, does the FAL affect how much?

17. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
    It absolutely can. I've done it Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Snaponjackson

Snaponjackson Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA USA
    Full Name:
    Chris Jackson
  19. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Nicolas21, Flea7, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  20. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Thermometer spec. :)

Love it!

21. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    On an interesting note, and on the topic of factory mistakes - The owner had spec’d Argento Nurburgring and that looks a whole lot like Bianco Italia.

BtvFerrari, nmcclure and Thecadster like this.
  22. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    omd78, Nicolas21, JMJ and 12 others like this.
  23. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Amazing. Seems like a lot of members are getting their cars sooner than expected! I guess Maranello has cracked down on excessive espresso breaks…

Spider68 likes this.
  24. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    well, you totally cocked up that spec, too bad.

Can’t wait for your delivery, my friend!

U-Boat Commander likes this.