The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 145 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rouge59

Rouge59 Rookie

May 13, 2016
    rosso corsa ?

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    markonex, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Marcel are the dealers there getting customer cars now?

4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No, not that I know of.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Cannot warm up to those rims or the rear end. Ouch.

motodavid2000 likes this.
  6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ive never liked cruise control in any car. That’s just my taste. Just like how some of us want special leather, custom paint or other more bespoke details.

I also don’t want Stop Start but alas that has been decided for us by regulators

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The next step (law) will be that one can no longer turn off stop/start and that it must remain actived and fully functioning at all times.

Marcel Massini

8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I have to say that the 812 is look’in better and better to my eye

Cant wait to ownership

Difficult to imagine what an 812M LE will be if they decide to make it!

Maybe a folding hardtop with loads of carbon panels and door skins!

JagShergill likes this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Sterling exchange rate will obviously be an issue but altering price in a buoyant market to cover that off can be done at any time. I suspect that three reasons comparatively starve supply to the UK; the one I have been quoted is the precedence given to 70th anniversary cars, which could be partly right when you consider how that would exacerbate the other two reasons.

These are that UK demand has been growing despite our Brexit vote 16 months ago (production planners may not have expected this and UK market staff would have been very cautious with their forecasts) and the final reason being that other markets will not wait - in particular the US, but also China and other Asian/middle Eastern markets where a 2 year wait kills the deal. On the one hand this seems bad from our point of view, but maybe Brits have worked out that if you have to wait for it, it will likely retain value better so is more worthy of the wait (or something like that). The fact that we are RHD means that our market can be managed in isolation, whereas France, Germany, Italy, Spain and in fact the rest of Europe, cannot. UK market residuals seem better than Europe and the US from what I can gather.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  10. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

This all seems logical to me.The factor I find irritating though is that we seem to be getting less cars rather than just having to wait longer.Happy to be corrected on numbers as I don't have time to do research now but my rough understanding is that total Ferrari production is about 7000 units of which UK has historically taken about 10%,so 700 units.
    F12 TDF was limited to 799 units but my understanding is UK got 50 rather than the 80 you would expect.The story I heard was that Ferrari NE was really pissed off with the allocation for UK.If this is correct I think we got less TDF's than 599 GTO's
    My impression is that same thing may be happening with 812.I have an allocation so great for residuals but I would rather we got more cars so that the chance of getting LE's in the future goes up.
    Personally I don't mind waiting longer for product (I would not contemplate going to another brand which in itself contributes to the issue) but it would be annoying if British pragmatism results in unequal treatment in terms of numbers.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Total production is close to 8'700 units, not 7'000.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  12. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks.
    If UK still accounts for 10% then the "problem" is worse than I feared !
    I did check 599 GTO numbers and UK seems to have been allocated 60 out of 599 units so bang on 10%

of2worlds likes this.
  13. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Data shows at least 67 f12 TdF registered or SORN in the UK as at Q2/2017 - so the figure of 50 looks low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks,first time I have seen a number.I know Ferrari NE were hoping for more after the initial 50.
    Maybe the UK has nothing to worry about !

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    No sympathy for 67 tdF models; Canada was probably lucky to see perhaps ten.:(

16. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I would have thought the Stroll family would have accounted for 10 themselves !

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    You sure the dealer isn't just trying to avoid questions because the car orders have recently been loaded onto the Ferrari System and dealers have confirmed Q2 builds
    I imagine one of "top" UK customers like Ramsey will have his car by March - he was talking about having specced it a few months back

of2worlds likes this.
  18. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    No,not my dealer I was talking to so no need for him to put any spin on it.
    My order is on the system and I had been working on basis first UK deliveries would be Q2 2018 but I'm not convinced they will arrive that quickly.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have asked for a TM on my 812 and that delays things. Dealer reckons “figure on mid 2019 and you might get some change out of that”. He’s obviously talking about time not money! I don’t mind waiting if supply is weak and demand strong because even though people who buy cars that depreciate heavily often talk about “buy them to drive not invest in”, I have had both experiences and regardless of how they drove, what it cost me had some impact on how I really felt about the car.

It seems to make sense that emerging markets take up the excess supply of Ferraris globally, otherwise the increase in production is simply to force-feed cars into older markets, which is not a great idea. Therefore the UK share must come down over time and if it does, that is a good thing surely?

20. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I think Ferrari's strategy is fine from a business sense.More LE's will be going to important clients in emerging markets.I am only concerned on a purely selfish basis that the chances of obtaining the cars I want in the future are receding.The cycle will change though,it always does.Key is to stay alive long enough !

of2worlds likes this.
  21. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    PS Apologies for "hijacking" the thread.Let's get back to 812 photographs !

22. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    MalibuGuy and Shack like this.
  23. Maloja

Maloja Karting

Oct 19, 2016
    Is that Grigio Caldo Opaco or some other sort of grey color?