The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
  2. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think I understand: is it the asymmetry that is bothering you, Olivier? I also don't like the tires in the pic. I think for the same reason.

Outside looks OK, but you can't see that so much from the cockpit. I suspect the Superfast will be like many Ferrari, playing around with the different colors to complement the exterior curves will be critical to the overall aesthetic

As Mr. Slovis said, hopefully, they will not cheapen up the interior, because that is more important to me since my wife and I are typically driving in GT mode and not 10/10ths. I do not really see too many of the exterior design elements from the driver's seat of my Ferrari, which is the best seat to be in. But, I can see and appreciate the interior bits, and their look and feel (and the smell of the leather!) of luxury interior components that are commensurate with the price I paid for the car is important to me. And, to my wife.

As for the sound, NA V12? We know it'll be awesome! Can't wait to see the various F-chatters speccing theirs. Exciting times.

T

4. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Ferrari said: the most powerful and fastest Ferrari in the marque’s history"

Is this car faster than LaFerrari?

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    can you try side by side from the front?

6. -EZtrader-

-EZtrader- Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Too much corvette in the rear. Overall pretty nice.

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I think they mean production cars.

8. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Oh boy I guess I'm in the minority. I think you will be spending a little of time explaining it's not an older corvette (new C will be mid). Yuk. Please bring back a mid engine V12

9. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Overall pretty nice- the rear needs to be smoothed out/reworked a bit.

I would love if they put a regular blinker stalk on the steering column and removed ALL the buttons on the steering wheel- essentially take the whole silver part below the airbag out- to give a simple three spoke, modern (sans buttons) leather wrapped flat bottomed wheel. One thing I loved about my former 360 was the simple 3 spoke design- probably the only thing I didn't like about the 458 the time I was able to drive one were all the buttons. I guess just a personal pet peeve of mine :)

10. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
  11. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  12. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #112 deltona, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    doesnt look good to me.

14. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I thought I would have to wait 2/3 weeks before seing a grey one !!

16. rumble

rumble Rookie

Mar 14, 2015
    UK
    You're correct. They told us at the preview this is a new matt metallic paint they're releasing for this car but I can't remember the name.

17. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Think someone can change the front view in different colours, that is the most important parameter to see if that front vents can become perfectly integrated with other colours, Ithink so,

18. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    I've requested CDF opaco - I think it might suite this car and it's more aggressive stance over the F12B......generally I'm a hater of matte

19. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    As usual wheels in renderings are disproportionate and oversized. Pictured in matt gray, even though as a model of style, the car appears to be well proportioned and very very stylish. It's really beautiful. I can't wait to see it in the flesh

20. Staj

Staj Karting

May 25, 2016
    I have been highly critical of Ferrari design lately, but I for one L-O-V-E this design. Much better lb for lb than the 488. This car is THE Ferrari to have and it will likely be an absolute beast. I suspect this one will grow on the detractors, and as the last naturally aspirated V-12 coming out of Ferrari, this one will be very special.

21. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    What's the typical wait time for the f12? Anyone have one on order?

22. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Rookie

Jul 10, 2016
    I look at it and see all Corevette unfortunately. I do like the rear haunches and muscularity and extended length of the rear haunches better than the f12. Quad tail lights are a winner, but the rest of the tail is too Corvette.

The 812 is newer school and fresh to look at, but the f12 subtle aggression did it for me.

23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Absolutely Tom ! Thanks

That is a design mistake ! I truly can't stand it.

It's already bothering me on the SA Aperta and the FF

You have to do it properly. Two sets. Like on the SLR

24. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    Atelier said this is a new matte version of Grigio ferro. However she said it is More satin than matte. Regular CDF is darker than this-I placed the CDF paint sample on the hood but lighting as you can see was not great.

25. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

I agree with you they should make right and left-hand side specific for the wheels