The Official HRE Wheels Photo Gallery for Ferrari California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Official HRE Wheels Photo Gallery for Ferrari California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by HRE_Jurrian, Dec 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HRE_Jurrian

HRE_Jurrian Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    If you have HRE Wheels on your Ferrari California, feel free to post up photos!

2. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello Jurrian, would you have any side shots of the P204, silver or light grey?

...taken on a white Cali would be perfect but I can also photoshop my own simulation if I can just have a decent side shot of the wheel. The shots of the red 488 on the HRE website do not include any straight-on side shots and I cannot find any images of the wheel anywhere.

Would you know its weight in

20 x 9.5,
    21 x 12 and
    21 x 12.5 sizes as well?

Thanks in advance. ;)

3. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    As more P2 series wheels are shipped, the more data and photos we get, and so far I haven't received any photos of the P204 in a silver or lighter grey color yet. I'd be happy to provide you with the photos if you'd like, but I don't have anything for the time being.

I have SOME weights, but like with photos we only have certain weights in because we haven't produced every size imaginable for the P204 or P2 series to weigh. With that said I do have the following to help:

P204
    20 x9 - 21.60lbs
    21 x12.5 - 26.60lbs

Weights are approximate because depending on how large the backpad is (determining the office/backspace), this can increase or decrease weight.

4. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Jurrian, thank you very much for your quick response to my questions!

I understand completely about your caution regarding the backspace/offset issue (I understand Fcars tend to have moderate amount of offset). All the same, the weights you quoted look very encouraging for my application.

Finally, I have another question that I've been itching to ask. I noticed from the wheel weights that you kindly provided me earlier that some but not all of the wider wheels are actually lighter than the narrower ones of the same size. Here they are below.

Can you please comment on why these wider wheels are lighter than the narrower ones? Is it due to the variations in backspace/offset for the wheels being quoted?

Thanks again!

5. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    As far as why one wheel may be lighter than the other, it really all comes down to how much aluminum material is still on the wheel, and how much we're shaving off. It seems simple enough but there are limiting variables which would change the overall weight of the wheel. There are indeed small things you can do to each individual aspect of a wheel which can accumulate a substantial weight loss and we do this with certain wheel styles by side cuts, backpad pocketing and so forth.

6. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the explanation, Jurrian.

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very nice-looking combination. Are these 21s or 22s? The rears are sitting pretty proud of the wheel well openings. Is the car riding on aftermarket or HS suspension... any issues with rubbing?

8. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    They are 21x9" Fronts with 22x12" rears! This is certainly a very flush fitment for the car, but we have no reports of rubbing. It does appear like this vehicle has been lowered as well.

9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks Jurrian!

10. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    We want to see YOUR wheels! If you have HRE Wheels on your Ferrari we'd love to see your photos!

11. JPA

JPA Karting

Feb 3, 2016
    Southern California
    Great look on the car, yellow/ blk amazing combo!

12. Gabe@TAG

Gabe@TAG Karting

Feb 24, 2015
    Vista, CA
    #40 Gabe@TAG, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan
    Do you have HRE Wheels on your California? We'd love for you to submit your photos to the gallery!

14. HRE_Jurrian

Dec 14, 2015
    Vista, CA
    Full Name:
    Logan