The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread | Page 70 | FerrariChat

The Official LaFerrari APERTA Picture Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by dcmetro, Jul 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Those two pics are the perfect example on how orange reflectors and black wheels literally RUIN the Laf/LafA

2. Wi11am

Wi11am Karting

Oct 6, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    William Morton
    The yellow collection is in Houston but he also has a yellow LaFerrari Aperta. This one is owned by @jtay44 on Instagram who also has an FXXK Evo.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #1728 dcmetro, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Thanks a lot

I wonder if Jtay44 is Fchat Member @TrojanHorse... both are in texas and own a black 599 GTO

After some research it's not the case

Jtay44 = John

Trojanhorse = Paul

Wi11am and of2worlds like this.
  4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    The ideal spec for an Alperta, in my opinion. The only thing I would have changed are the black exhaust tips to titianium.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  6. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

7. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Mother of God......

FerrfanFL likes this.
  8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I think the more relevant question is, how do you *practice* that shot? Put your 812 SF there instead?! Lol.

4ROARE, Spider68 and GHG like this.
  9. DS.98

DS.98 Rookie

May 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Strajnar
    Can anyone confrim that Apertas really sell for these numbers?

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    WHICH numbers are you talking about?
    And when and where and which currency?

Marcel Massini

11. DS.98

DS.98 Rookie

May 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dan Strajnar
    I was talking about +4mil, Europe, EUR currency.

12. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I don’t trade these cars, and so am less well-informed than many of my compadres on this forum, but having kept a casual eye on LaF Aperta prices for some time, I would make the following observations:

1. Given Ferrari’s 2-year lock-up on the vehicles, the first Aperta’s that were contractually allowed for sale were available in 2019. There was therefore a massive premium for the first set of Aperta’s that traded hands, given the willingness to pay of the “must have it at any cost” crowd.

2. Since then, premiums appear to be steadily coming down. This is both a consequence of supply and demand equalizing, and the effect of a more cautious approach taken by Buyers in a COVID-19 environment.

3. Last time I checked a few weeks ago, there were THREE LaF Aperta’s openly available for sale, and another two available privately. That is quite a lot of Aperta inventory for sale in the US considering only 201 customer/auction cars were produced GLOBALLY.

4. I have seen premiums come down to the point today where a serious Buyer with ready financing can most likely get an Aperta through a dealer in the low-$4’s. That’s still a healthy premium to MSRP, which was in the low/mid-$2’s for the most part.

5. I would not be surprised if LaF Aperta’s at some point within the next 12 months settle into the mid-$3 million territory before stabilizing. Over the medium/long-term, I do see these eventually heading back into the $4 mm territory, although much will depend on owner experience with the KERS battery (a mixed bag thus far), and Ferrari’s electrification strategy in general.

6. Looks-wise, while I find the LaF in both coupe and Aperta guise quite striking, it currently doesn’t seem to have the same level of appeal as other Ferrari supercars do. However, in taking a page from history, many found the Enzo at the time to be “weird,” with Bloomberg Businessweek at one point going so far as to call it one of the 50 ugliest cars in the world. Well, we can see where the jury has settled on it now, with the Enzo being almost universally regarded as one of the most striking and timeless Pininfarina/Ferrari designs ever. Perhaps people will warm up to the LaF eventually as well.

Those are my thoughts. Worth less than you paid for them. :)

of2worlds, Spider68, Camelot and 3 others like this.
  13. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    Is that the car that belonged to the big time scammer Josh? lol. His instagram hasn't been updated for almost a year.

14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Not Josh Cartu's car. He had black wheels.

15. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    The car shown in the picture that I quoted has black wheels :) check post #1734.

16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    sorry you're right, that's his aperta for sale. He and his brothers are curently under investigation for a massiv fraud through an online investment site

17. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
  18. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Itzkirb likes this.
  19. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Cool CGI video.

20. albert cortina

Jun 14, 2018
    Are there any blue LaFerrari's - Coupe or Aperta?