The Official “Southern California 3X8 Two Day Run” thread! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Official “Southern California 3X8 Two Day Run” thread!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SoCal308GTSiQV, Jul 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wouldn't know until next week, I'll keep you guys posted.

2. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey Guys, Yeah, I'm a bit surprised there isn't more interest in this run. But that’s OK, I understand it's a 3 day weekend, but all the more reason to hit the road for some FUN! The weather has just been amazing up here in the mountains. Temps today in the mid 70's. The Oktoberfest is shaping up to be a nice one, mixed with good weather! They also just finished repaving the highway out of town, so we'll be some of the first to play on it!

Well, I hope we get some more cars lined up! I still think it's going to be a great weekend.

3. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    #28 Tokyo Drftr, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
    keep me posted. I think i am free. I live in arroyo grande about 10min north of santa maria. Ive got a couple 308's but could i bring my F40 is the weather is good? PS is the route clear for lowered cars?

4. mdavids

mdavids Rookie

Jan 22, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Markus
    328 GTS

5. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Welcome aboard gentlemen! It’s great to see some more folks ready to hit the highway!

The road should be clear, but it is a mountain road, so we’ll be driving with our eyes open. I think we’ll be good! Te highway from PMC towards hwy 166 has fresh pavement!

Remember hotel & cabin rental info if you need it. Route info at:
    http://www.cessationoflife.com/chrisfiles/twodayferrarirun.htm

1) SoCal308GTSiQV
    2) RVIDRCI
    3) mdavids
    4) Impactco ??
    5) miketuason ??
    6) mizugami ??

6. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Michelle & I have prior family commitments on the 5th so we'll have to sit this one out. Have fun and be safe!

7. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    We'll miss ya on the run, but see you on future runs, have a safe weekend as well.

1) SoCal308GTSiQV
    2) RVIDRCI
    3) mdavids
    4) miketuason ??
    5) mizugami ??

8. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Accomodations are in order, I will be running solo (wife hates the twistys, says "you go, have fun"), anybody want to share a cabin/vacation rental ? Time is short, I fear. PM me, I am activley looking for a 2 bedroom cabin to book/share, I will reserve.

9. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Less than two weeks away from the Labor Day weekend and the Oktoberfest in Pine Mountain.

Here is a new link with more info on the festival: http://pmcoktoberfest.com/

Sure would be great to get some more cars one the drive!

10. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    Chris & Lou,

Put me down to start up with you , but for Saturday only - till about 4:00.

11. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    How far is pine mountain from santa maria. I may need to work sunday, but could possibly meet you guys there and stay saturday night. Leave early Sunday.

12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just heard from the wife that we are scheduled to leave for Manila on Sept.4th I'm so sorry guys this marriage thing is really different specially with someone who loves to travel.

In fact this trip might give me a great possibility that I might be able to watch the F1 race with Pit Pass in Singapore on the 26th=Qualifiying and 27th= the Race. I wish you guys very safe trip and have lots of fun, And wish me luck, hope I'll be able to watch the F1 Race in Singapore.

13. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great to Hear Chairpilot!

If we meet in the morning, we could head up the 33 and have some fun, then you could be home on time! If you want to PM me we could talk more about what you want to do and where you could have some fun before heading home.

If you came straight from the Santa Maria into Pine Mountain Club, it's 97 miles to Pine Mountain Club. If you head West up the 166 and turn right on Cerro Noroeste, that will take you right into town. Off the 166 it’s about 30 miles of awesome corners then your right at the festival, you can’t miss it. I know it seems crazy, but I have never seen an F40 in person, would be great to see your on the road. The next day we’ll be heading your way towards Santa Maria, so we can all run together.

Sorry we'll miss ya Mike, but it sounds like you’re going to have a great trip yourself. If you get in the pits, please take a camera with you! We'll run with ya next time.

mdavids, are you still with us? It would be great to see that 328 on the road!

OK SO WE ARE DOWN TO A LITTLE OVER A WEEK AWAY....

I guess it comes down to what time we want to meet and what time we want to leave. Chairpilot needs to be back by 4 pm, but that’s still allot of corners before then!

It looks like RVIDRCI , mdavids, chairpilot and myself will be meeting up and heading North together, so let me know what time and I'll be there.

AND TO ANYONE ELSE, Jump in on the fun, it’s not to late to drive up for the day or get a room and spent the night.

Check the website below for updated info on the Oktoberfest we are driving to as well as the route: http://www.cessationoflife.com/chrisfiles/twodayferrarirun.htm

Look forward to runnin’ with you all...

14. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It is a good idea to be prepared since we will be on less traveled roads. Below is a list of items you should have with you.

Your Ferrari Tool Kit including tire changing lug wrench, jack, spark plug wrench, flat and Phillips screw drivers.

Spare Tire

Cooler with bottled water

map (GPS if you have one)

Flash light

Oil

Coolant/Water

Sun Screen

15. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    OK, thanks for the mileage. I may just go for the day but i need to check my schedule. You say the roads are good correct? My cars are all lowered but i do not mind going slow to get up there if the road is marginal. (just to let you know, i have difficulty on stretches of 101 s. in the valley.)

16. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Monday I drove the road from the 166 into town called "Cerro Noroeste" and they just finished repaving 3/4 of it a few weekd ago. It's like glass! You should have no trouble at all. Just watch for rocks on the road when you get to sections where the mountain is really steep next to the road. Looking forward to seeing your ride! I'll post an approximate time that we will be there, since we are coming from the other side.

17. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    mizugami7523,

My 308QV is modded, and also very low, so we will have the same issues. I'm going to set my shock damping to track mode and keep a keen eye, we will be fine I am sure. Maybe I can drive ahead of you, and if you see sparks fly from my jack points you can hit the brakes and protect that front air dam !! (just kidding). I have been on alot of these back roads up around Lake Casitas, Ojai, Piru, Fillmore, and on the 33,.. they are really pretty free of hazards.

It would be nice to run with your F-40 (my 308QV Euro is supercharged and modded to 375hp or so, not an F-40, but it moves and handles pretty nice !!)

-L

18. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    youll love those roads Markus!!

19. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    How do I access the route on googleearth? I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks.
    Alberto

20. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #45 RVIDRCI, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    OK boys, I booked a suite at the hotel in town. It has a seperate bedroom, and a sofa in the main room, so there is room for someone to shower, crash on the sofa and have morning coffee at least if interested.

I may still look into a cabin if someone (mizugami ?) wants to split the 2 night minimum cost ($125/$125), I'll cover the $500 cleaning deposit.

My wife and a girlfriend of ours may drive up saturday night to party and sleep over...., wait, that sounds kinky......... My wife and our good friend Tina may come up and party with us and stay the night..., still sounds kinky.......Well, you get the picture, we are all gonna have fun ( in a monogomous, hetrosexual, platonic friendship kind of way, if Karen and Tina cruise up.) but my suite may be like a college party pad. Tina is good people.

PM me if anyone is in need of digs, we can work something I am sure, its an adventure !!

21. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey ferrari sulla pellicola, any chance of temping you to come with us?

22. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi Alberto, I would say you best bet on Google Earth is look for Ojai, California and then look for Hwy 33 and follow it up north, then look for the Lockwood Valley Turn Off.

You should also be able to find PINE MOUNTAIN CLUB, CALIFORNIA in the search engine.

23. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    REGARDING LOWERED CARS!!!

There is a short section on LOCKWOOD VALLEY ROAD that we will take it easy on. I drove it Monday and there are many 10-15 mph turns with heavy dip's that could lead to scraping. So we'll go easy there. The rest of it should be no problem.

OK, I see a challenge??? F40 vs Super Charged 308! Oh, some one please bring a video camera!

24. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well, between us, thats 3 girls and 2 guys...YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS...a long line for the bathroom! LOL

It's going to be a great party at the festival! I may have to buy this years beer stein.

25. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #50 SoCal308GTSiQV, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017