The Official “Southern California 3X8 Two Day Run” thread! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Official “Southern California 3X8 Two Day Run” thread!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by SoCal308GTSiQV, Jul 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Damn Kids! Don't they have any respect, with their break dancing and disco balls! Curse'm all I say! Now, the origins of the lawn is a long and un-needed story. It all started back in W-W Deuce when we used to call’m “Freedom Greens”….The Kiser was working hard trying to stop the development of corn, so we had to invent something else that was green and grew fast….Oh I need a nap!

2. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    ROFLMAO !!!

Regarding my turn signal issue..... Alas, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery ;-) God I do that constantly !! I'm gonna bump your post about winter coming on etc., that was a nice way to close the run, until good weather returns !!!

3. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Bump. Till next time.

4. wards70

wards70 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Coto de Caza, CA
    Full Name:
    Ward Prickett
    Just curious where you 3X8 guys get your cars serviced in the Orange County area. There are a lot of mechanics around but who have you guys found to be good honest mechanics at a reasonable cost? (I know reasonable costs is very subjective!)

I have been looking at some 308s but most need at least a belt service. Thanks guys!

5. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have had belt services done at F&M Motorsports in Los Angeles. Thats as far South as I get! They do good work though.

6. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Michael Rosenstraten in Costa Mesa is an honest guy, he has never worked on my 308 but restored a GTSi for one of my clients (very nice work). Has alot of parts new and used, I have purchased parts from him, as well. He also helped me to get my Euro 308 converted for California (refferal to a great conversion Co.) Good guy.

http://www.ferrariservice.com/

Also, Norbert is good (Long Beach) he did all the work on my car for the PO. He is very envolved with FCA, see him at alot of events. Nice shop, Grand Touring Classics.

http://www.nexport.com/company.cfm?company=1506886_GRAN_TOURING_CLASSICS_INCORPORATED_AUTOMOBILE_REPAIR_SERVICE_LONG_BEACH_CA

7. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can we organize this run again for the SoCal?

8. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    Yes, let's! Keep me posted too.

9. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #84 RVIDRCI, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    As stated in my above posts, this run and roads are somewhere between "epic" and "off the hook". I'm interested......

We need to talk with Chris (SoCal308GTSiQV)....

10. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    I might be up for this too.