The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread | Page 437 | FerrariChat

The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by El Wayne, Nov 1, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    OK, one post from him. Where are the other posts, such as calling him an *******?

piloti likes this.
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    being an ******* isn't usually banable, it is just how well you get along with the community and mostly separate from his banable offenses. I didn't even think Steve being an ******* was in question, but you are welcome to your opinion.

Jakuzzi, swift53 and TTR like this.
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Haven't seen El Wayne on here in a while. Hope all is well with him.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It is, killing it as lawyer, but those 80 hour weeks probably killing him too. :D

tbakowsky likes this.
  5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Nothing to add to this thread, apart from this photograph I recently scanned. Copyright Jan Titze, taken at the Oldtimer Grand Prix, Nürburgring, Germany in August 1984.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #10906 miurasv, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    This is Piper DP2, built with the spare P4 350 Can Am spec engine, transaxle and 4 suspension corners of 0858 with the Spyder body of P4 0860. It's not Piper DP3, the fake 0846.

7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

If only you had spent your time researching and looking at all of the photos in this thread instead of posting quasi legalese jargon while trying to pontificate about arguments and when and where a burden of proof does and does not lie...

You wouldn't have wasted so much time.

It seems you have jumped in for argument sake and honestly with a predetermined position on 0846.

Just comb through it all.

There is so much here that tells you it's not 0846.

At this point you REALLY have to stretch and ignore a pile of accounts, photos and documents to conjure up an argument that it is in fact authentic.

tomgt, Texas Forever, swift53 and 4 others like this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You are joking right?

9. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Paul, the doubter heretics were scorned, dismissed, and some were even threatened with legal action. Far worse than the ‘believer heretics’ are now. nathan

10. maserich

maserich Karting

Mar 13, 2008
    Hi Napolis, Do you still have your P4? I have a tipo 214 engine and would like to ask some questions. Thanks Rich [email protected]

11. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Hi Rich,
    Jim has stopped posting here for several years now. I believe he has a facebook for his SCG cars- you may luck contacting him there.
    Dave

Texas Forever likes this.
  12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    And to point out what’s evident to all by now, Jim doesn’t own an authentic P4, his car is a replica (DP003 as built by David Piper). That said he also does own a 412 P car (0854) which according to wiki was ‘heavily burned out and "virtually destroyed" at a race in East London, S.A. 1969 when it had an open/Barchetta GRP body fitted to it by modifying and cutting the rear of chassis. The remains were rebuilt, again as an open Barchetta and then further rebuilt into a 412P Esque Spyder and used on the road. It has now been returned to Berlinetta configuration using the original front and rear clips and doors but the main center part of the body, roof, and sills have been remade in the US where it is owned.’

technom3, piloti, donv and 5 others like this.
  13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    If you are referring to the cylinder block with the 8971 number stamping, it is not from a tipo 214 engine, which is for a prototype 365P/P2/P2/3 racing car. A tipo 214 engine has 4 engine mounts, whereas the cylinder block you have has 2.

technom3 likes this.
  14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    One of the best reads on the internet

ChipG and tonykalil like this.
  15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Quite incredible isn't it...

ChipG and technom3 like this.
  16. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    o_O ???

I hope my life never becomes that boring or uneventful.

BJK and technom3 like this.
  17. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    After a few posts it was interesting. I would rather read Russian Classics.

Now, this read, is truly about a cheat. Big deal. If you enjoy it...good for you. :rolleyes:

I am subscribed, just to see some comments now and then, as I find it amusing why people are so transfixed about this fellow and car.

Regards, Alberto

PS. Just send the bloody car to Ferrari, and get it over with.

18. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    So you're giving people carte blanche/licence to post incorrect information/nonsense about Mr Glickenhaus's proven fake P4 anywhere and everywhere on FerrariChat, as is the case in the Glickenhaus? thread here, but I can only correct the nonsense in this thread.

19. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The problem is it will derail that thread. Just post the correction here -- if I'm wrong about the Piper car being endorsed or using correct parts (at least originally, I'm sure he modified them since he was racing the cars actively), I'll quote myself and amend my own comments in that thread. There's a lot of interesting stuff Jim is involved with that people want to discuss (in the other thread) without it devolving into 0846-chat.

BJK likes this.
  20. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    You're under special orders to keep your thoughts in the 0846 thread: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146282927/

21. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #10921 peterp, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    ???????

Look at my post in the other thread. It’s about his entire collection and collecting mindset — it only tangentially touches on 0846, along with all his other cars. I also don’t offer any opinion on 0846, I just say that even if it’s a Piper car, it has nothing to apologize for.

Also, the post you quoted is me trying to help keep the detailed 0846 discussion here in this thread and out of the other one.

22. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #10922 miurasv, Mar 24, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    What facets of Ferrari history are you on about? Mr Glickenhaus is attempting to distort Ferrari history with his fake P4. And you think every one of his purchases was brilliant with nothing to apologize for. Well one of them certainly isn't presented accurately, and is a complete fake. And people like you, who clearly know nothing about his fake P4, referring to it as 0846, the Ferrari with that chassis number that no longer exists, is just plain wrong.

Couch and ChipG like this.
  23. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ive got a crazy idea. Why don’t you read the post you are quoting before you respond to them? The post you just quoted doesn’t talk about 0846 at all. In my other post you quoted in the other thread I don’t even remotely suggest it is P4 - I don’t comment on that — I just said that a Piper car should be appreciated for what it is, but it needs to be represented accurately. I view a Piper car as far above a cut-up GTE and obviously far below a legit P4. You may not agree, but I’m not sure how that’s relevant to my opinion.

I was here for this entire 0846 thread by the way.

clandestine likes this.
  24. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    This is far better, at least it is not a "real" Ferrari :cool:, nor does it pretend to be one.

https://412ptribute.com/

Regards, Alberto

Texas Forever and JAM1 like this.
  25. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Don’t worry Peter, our little antagonist has a (long) history going off rails and making up stuff on this thread in attempts to serve (failed ?) employment seeking bids and/or personal vendetta objectives and not having any firsthand experience or hard facts to back anything, some still lapped it all up. Also showed us how easily confirmation bias can permeate research and results.
    Might be best to just ignore or you could end up in crosshairs for questioning hypocritical/illogical behavior.

swift53 likes this.