The Ontario Thread! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    i spotted a yellow gallardo around 5:40pm on 401east today,, zooming in and out of traffic.
    very nice car^^

2. ksm360

ksm360 Karting

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Faizal
    I was turning on to Yorkmills from Bayview on saturday (I was driving the 360 modena) when I heard this massive roar from behind. I looked in the rear view mirror and to my surprise it was a metallic blue Lamborghini Gallardo! It came beside me and took off. I followed it and the driver dropped somebody off at a house on Yorkmills. I stopped my car and started to talk to the driver and I got a nice glimpse of the interior. After our conversation the driver sped off with his engine roaring. I must say (even though its probably a biased opinion) that the sound of a Ferrari is priceless. The sound of the Gallardo was nothing compared to the glorious scream of the Ferrari 360.

PS - to the guys who will honk at me if they see me in my 360: Let me know that you're from the ferrarichat.com forum and I'll stop and give you guys a ride in my 360

Now if only it stops raining I can take the car out

3. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    awsome story! I have yet to see a Gallardo on the road, but i dont think anything can come close to the ferrari! Do you ever come around the Hamilton area? I havent seen that many ferraris out my way, so i was just wondering if you have ever been here?

Lucas

4. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto

ksm.. is not hard to spot u ^^

5. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Hi Lucas,
    Next time I know I will be in Hamilton, I'll come by and we can go for a ride in my new Twin Turbo Norwood TR!

Adrian

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hi Adrian, sounds like a real monster. Did you get my reply I emailled you back?

Cheers,

Vasco.R

7. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Hi Vasco,
    Yes thanks. I am still looking for the others on my list, per my last email to you. Always interested in interesting cars. Let me know...also will try to visit you soon. Call you next wee. Are u going to the RM auction?

Adrian

8. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Awsome..thanks soo much:):)!! Hopefully the weather will get better soon!
    Thanks again!

Lucas:)

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yes, I always go. I will be there for sure. Probably more-so around my friends at Gentry Lane.

Take care Adrian, enjoy the show!

10. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    #60 rayman167, Apr 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Rayman! That IS a sweet ride. I love that car. I actually saw it today parked at home in Forest Hill. That picture was taken on Davenport just East of Avenue Rd. Great area to spot some nice cars, Downtown Porsche is right around the corner and so is Ferrari (Soon to be)

Thanks for the foto, awesome!

Oh, today I saw my first NEW turbo cabrio, pretty cool car.

Vasco.R

12. rayman167

rayman167 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    #62 rayman167, Apr 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    oh, i have the pics of turbo cabrio, they were taken in last Novermber
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Anyone go to the RM Classic car auction this weekend??? It was kinda alright I guess. Doesnt have the serious-ness of the big U.S auctions. But it's better than nothing I guess. I was there all day Today (Sunday). There were a few F-Cars like a 355 Spyder, 400i, 348 and that was pretty much it.

Anybody else???

Vasco.R

14. jack1999

jack1999 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    toronto
    ksm
    spoted u again at young n north york center
    i was walking so didnt have a chance to honk at u ^^

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    After dealing with very nice cars such as tonnes of 911's, Benz's and BMW's (Yawn) for about 5 years, I recently got up close and personal with these two awesome cars shown here.

2 weeks ago I was seriously GLUED to the passenger seat in this 2001 Diablo 6.0 at a colleauges dealership on The Queesway adjacent to mine (Don't mind the auto-trader pic).

And today, I volunteered at another colleague's display booth at the RM Classic car auction and got to drive his 1997 Lotus Esprit Twin Turbo back to Gentry Lane once the auction was over. And I must say I have totaly boooosted my respect for both makes. Has anyone here driven a Twin turbo Lotus???..........that thing is SICK!!!! Serious torque, no turbo lag and it just goes HARD at all RPM and gears. Simply a blast to drive. That's my opinion.

Anyways, hope you guys don't mind me sharing my stories with you today. Take care. Happy spotting/driving/drooling.

Vasco.R

16. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    That car resides on my Condo building (The Icon, 270 Wellington St. W)

17. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Ok, you guys sound like you know a lot about cars. Here is my dilema. I cant' decide between either a 2001 911 Twin Turbo or a 1996 F355 Berlinetta... both are around the same price. Please give me all your thoughts!
    Thank you!

p.s
    Keep an eye out for my old man's 360 Stradale in the Newmarket area.

18. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Vasco, I was just wondering where abouts you work? I noticed that you have got to ride in/ drive lots of exotics..and i was just wondering how you got to do this! Thanks alot!

Lucas

19. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Well, I'm far from being an expert, but it certainly seems that if it was to be your only car, the 911 TT would be the ideal choice for year round driving here. I swear there's people in this city that use 'em just as winter beaters.

But if thats not an issue, then what it comes down to is the fact the 911 is certainly not even close to being a Ferrari.

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    TITANBOY how are you. The reason is pretty simple. I have been in the car business for a few years (Not alot compared to our friend KDS ;-) ) And I have simply had the pleasure to work for a few local exotic dealers such as worldfinecars.com gentrylane.com caliber and I now work for myself. As far as my spotting for today goes: World Fine Cars is one place I can direct you too for nice pics TITANBOY, I was there today and they have a 1998 Black 355 Spyder and a 1977 308 GTB stashed away. Gentry Lane was also doing some spring tunning on a PERFECT 365 Ferrari. What a nice 2+2

You are more than welcome to PM me and I can tell you were you can go and take some nice pictures and see some nice cars. Who knows, maybe even come and see me once I finally open up my little place that is.

Today I confirmed two cars I will be showing on consignment. They are both current clients of mine who want to get rid of their nice exotics.

2003 Corvette Z06 and a 1980 Ferrari BB Boxer (Carb - monster V12!! Adrian are you reading this??? Getting excited yet??? Call me ;-))

TITANBOY give me a couple of days and you can come and see those plus the 2001 Diablo I have there. Bring your camera!

Cheers,

Vasco.R

21. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.

Vasco, could I also come in when your shop is ready? The BB is one of my favourite F-cars, and the Diablo is one of my favourite L-cars. As for the Vette,......well.....I'll just say, have a nice day ! :)

Thanks.

Joel

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    LOL hahah I know what you mean about the Vette. Oh well what can I do, it's the business i'm in. I'm supposed to love all cars so I can sell them dont I ;-) LOL

You are more than welcome to come by and look. Anytime, as I said to TITANBOY, you will have to give me time to get the BB in. The Diablo is here though.

Cheers,

Vasco.R

23. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    Vasco thanks SOOO much for all of the info! Where abouts is World Fine Cars located? I visited Gentry lane about 2 months ago, and they had some nice Lotus' on display! Hopefully i can get my mom to drive me out to T.O!! I actually spotted my first ferrari of the year (a very nice 308) on the way home from school today!!:):) It's pretty rare to see a Ferrari in Hamilton, so it was pretty amazing:)!! Thanks again for the information, and hopefully we can set something up!

Lucas:)

24. KoenigFerrari

Feb 16, 2004

I have not been to both World Fine Cars and Gentry Lane Motors dealerships for a very long long time! I remembered seeing several years ago a nice collection of exotics like F-40, Diablo, Esprits and extremely rare XJ220 at Gentry Lane and also remembered seeing a Diablo at World Fine Cars. World Fine Cars is one huge impressive showroom! This building is like one entire street block full of nice cars on display. I have passed by Caliber before several times which it is not far from The EX, but have never been at their showroom, though.

I usually do pass by Ferrari of Ontario dealership everytime I drive home from work. Last year in the summer, I saw a nice red Enzo on Steeles nearby the dealership. It's amazing to see how many eyeballs are constantly drooling at that beast! It's the first time I ever saw Enzo and I must say it's a very impressively nice looking machine!

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Yes, you are right. I would say World FIne cars is probably one of the biggest and most impressive in Canada especially with his new location that I had the opportunity to help him open up along with the other great staff. No funny business and 99 of the cars are HIS. I worked for Peter for 3 years and have admired him for a lot longer than that. He is more into the Benz BMW and ALOT of Porsche, that is where I got most of my exotic experience. He usually has one ferrari and that's it simply because he never has much luck with them (and yes he did have a diablo a while back). That category is usually left for Sergio at Autoforum and Caliber, Ferrari of Ontario etc. I was at Autoforum today looking at a car for a client and he had an impressive selection of F-cars such as a yellow 348 TB, A red Testa, Nero 355 Sypder on Tan, a couple of 308's, a 328 (I know who that one belongs too LOL ;-) ) and a few others. Caliber (where I worked for a short time and gained a HUGE love for F-cars) has a nice 512 BBi and a 355 Spdyer too.

I won't even mention Caliber's neighbour who fixes exotics - the other day I saw everything there from a crap load of 355's and 348's getting their belts done etc. A lovely Countach ready to be unleashed and even a Mangusta......that's right........a Mangusta RARE as you can imagine (not there anymore) THAT and alot more!

Anyone needs their F-car fixed go see Steve next door to Caliber and thell them Vasco sent you (hopefully he remembers old me).

OK, I will stop blabbing now, who the hell needs me to keep yapping about f-en f-cars and lambos and stuff. geeeez

;-)

Vasco.R

Ciao