The Ottawa Thread! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Ottawa Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Scuderia_Ferrari, Apr 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    #101 Koenig, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I believe you need to read up on your cars....! The car you are refering to(My CAR) most definately is a replica, but not of an F40!!! Even with it's badging printed all over the car KOENIG COMPETITION, some still swear it was an F40! Research the Ferrari TR's, or go to http://www.koenig-specials.com/ .....and you will discover Koenigs'.....
    BTW, thanks for clearing up 'Alfred Jay', my memory lasts 15 mins, then re-formats, something about missing chips!!!
    best,
    Sandy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ok....so what it that then?

3. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    a replica of a 'KOENIG COMPETITION'.....!!!!

Sandy

4. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    based on a real TR?

5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    That's what I am trying to figure out too. :)

6. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    Sorry, I wish....! (i've now clued in to 'ClassicFerrari's last post.)

The floor tub is a stretched(7"0 and widened(4" per rear corner) Fiero (God Forbid!). Roof was cut down to create proper line. Extended custom windshield (proper $$$Testarossa W/S would actually fit!) Corvette brakes, 6000 hubs, custom A arms, strut mounts, halfshafts.
    Powered by a mild SBC350 (300 hp V8) mated to a 5spd Isuzu tranny. Held slalom frt end with power via Dakota rack! Total custom leather interior, guages, etc..... Yes, not by any means a stock Fiero, in fact, only the heater remains Fiero. Many, many hrs went into this, but was a HUGE learning curve in welding, setup and handling.
    Before this, was a motorcycle roadracer with a professional(FIA) ranking.... 27 yrs ago! LOL!!!
    hope that answers, sorry to dis-illusion some.
    best,
    Sandy

7. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    Just a question, there is a dealership somewhere in ottawa that has a couple of lamborghini's there, anyone here know what it is?
    Thanks
    James Simpson

8. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    "Huge Ego" on a Fiero ???

9. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    James, there is no 'authorized' Lambo dealer in Ottawa, (that I know of), only Mtrl & TO. That said, there are 2 re-sellers that move Lambos. Their business names are:
    1) X-clusive Auto
    2) Elite Auto
    there is a 3rd re-seller that occasionally might see one... Import Auto.
    hope that helps....
    best
    Sandy

10. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    thanks!

i know andre trying to find the other two places!

11. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    Hi All,

Bought that 90 348 tb that appeared in the AutoTrader in late July for 38k (+1k to ship it to Ottawa)... it came with zero history but I know it's a middle eastern car as the VIN plate is in arabic. As I assumed, it's in pretty rough shape but I was looking for a project and found a pretty good one I think. There are plenty of issues with this car but the engine fires right up and it's driveable... I intended to drive it till the mid/end of October and then completely take the car apart and rebuild it from the ground up over the winter but since it has no anti-pollution system, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it to pass drive-clean... of course I don't have the import papers so as of yet I can't get that special designation that would allow me to use 1980's pollution standard (but I'm working on it).

Anyways, I just wanted to say "Hi" and let everyone know there's one more Ferrari in the area.

JQP

12. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Good luck with the project! Keep us posted on the progress. Any pics?

13. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Vancouver has a Lamborghini Dealership that is 'Authorized'.

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes there are only 3. That's it.

15. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    #115 jqpd99, Sep 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Doesn't looks bad at all, great car!

17. Agent_355

Agent_355 Karting

May 13, 2007
    Richmond Hill, Ont
    As far as I know, import or not, it has to pass Drive Clean with the standards of a 90 348 as per their database. What is this special designation you are talking about? I know a few people that would like to know if this exists, and the process behind it. Keep me posted please.

18. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    It's a bit buried in the FAQs on the driveclean site... here is the link (http://www.driveclean.com/help/faq18.html)

Here is the Text:

What happens if I change(d) the motor in my Light-Duty vehicle?

If the vehicle is included in the program (appropriate age, registered in the program area), it will be considered a hot rod if the motor differs from the type that was originally offered by the manufacturer for that particular model year. All hot rods registered as the model year 1999 or earlier will continue to be tested according to 1980 emission standards. Vehicles registered as model year 2000 and later will be tested according to emission standards for their model year. Vehicles built to non-Canadian standards but imported into Canada will be tested similarly. Other specialty vehicles will be tested according to 1980 emission standards for an indefinite period, except for vehicles that have "kit" marked on the vehicle licence. Kit cars are exempt from the Drive Clean program.

Since my 348 was built for the middle-eastern market, it should qualify for the 1980 emission standard but I have to prove it with the import papers... which I don't have of course.

JQP

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Thanks, car looks great.

20. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Koenig, I've seen your replica around Kanata, Stittsville and tuesday evenings at Hazeldean Mall. It surly is wild looking, I like it.

21. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    Thanks Papaik, stop & say Hello next time...!
    I believe I saw JQPD99's 348 last friday around the Bell building downtown. Looks very good, didn't have time to check it out furthur.... was that your new ride > you did well!!!
    Sandy

22. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    black CARRERA GT spot in Stittsville! Parked at Auto Trendz at 9am on my way to work. I drove past, turned around and went into the parking lot to check it out! Amazing. Looks like he needs some new rear tires though ;) Does anyone know who this is????

My ride was in the ''normal parking'' lot. I don't think my 1985 Saab 900 Turbo would fit well with all that American Muscle ;). Are you going tomorrow?

23. Koenig

Koenig Rookie

Sep 15, 2005
    Ottawa, ON
    Papaik... most probably not as the rain is upon us. Should it clear, then a 70% chance! Too many things going on at the moment!
    Sandy

24. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    Nope... wasn't me... I think I'm done taking the 348 out this year (I have expired 3 trip permits and only one more is permitted, which I'll need next year to get my e-test)... I will start tearing it apart soon... I will have a busy winter so I figure I might as well start sooner rather than later. At some point I'll create a web page showing my progress...

JQP

25. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Today I saw a red 360 in Bells Corners with what looked like a Novitech rear grill. Anyone here???? I almost ran a red because I was stairing at it. Also, I spoted a grey Carrera GT near Carling, what a car!!