The "post pics of your dream cars" thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The "post pics of your dream cars" thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bugattiart, Aug 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    In fact do I have a favorite dream car but attention it's not necessary if to rub of too close, it is called Christine... it's Plymouth Fury 1958, you see who I speak, not? Attention I you said of step too to approach it, it's terribly jealous... attention, no, no, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

...too late sorry :):):):)

2. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    The story of the recreated Esders Royale CONTINUED....

Jean-Claude Delerm explained that, because no drawings remain of the original Esders Royale and only about half a dozen black and white photos, there are two areas on the car that remain unsure: The dashboard and the seats. Macoin designed the dashboard of the recreated car according to his ideas as to how a Royale roadster dashboard might have been designed at the time. His design appear to be appropriate! As to the seats, Lecoq made them in white leather. Close examination of the few existing photos of the original car seems to show a seat material that was not leather, but this remains unsure!
    And what about the missing headlight??? The press had released photos of the recreated car with headlights mounted to the car.....why??? Jean-Paul Caron the photographer who had taken pictures of the recreation at various stages during the reconstruction of the car, photographed the completed car with headlights attached to permit normal driving. These photos were taken at daybreak before there was any time to remove the headlights prior to transporting the car back to Mulhouse. Delerm explain that headlights had actually existed for the original Esders Royale, similar to those on other Royales, even though Armand Esders preferred to drive without them!
    It appears that when Esders travelled in one of his cars, he was usually driven by a chauffeur, even when travelling in his racy Royale roadster. He would also be accompanied by another car in case of need!!! The headlights for the Royale were carried in the car that accompanied it, usually at the instigation of the chauffeur, in the event that the Royale would have to be driven at night.
    Most of the classic car World hailed the reconstitution as a major automotive event and a complete success. World-wide demand for loans of the car is unprecedented. Among other events, the Royale recreation, was the star of the Essen Motor Show, Germany in December 1990, and the car is, together with the two original Royales in the collection, the Chef d'Oevre in this "The Worlds Most Important Car Museum"

I can only second Scuderia CC in saying that if you ever get the opportunity to go and see the Mulhouse museum......Then don't miss it! When I first got there and got inside...... it completely took my breath away!!!

Greetings

Carsten

3. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Bugatti Type 59 Engine...
    Bugatti Type 55 SS Coupé
    Bugatti Type 55 SS Coupé...

4. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    And one of the two Bugatti Type 50 "Profilee"....

5. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Great thread! I fully agree on the Miura, Bandini, SWB, TdF, Tipo 33 Stradale, GT40 etc. I don't quite 'get' Bugatti, but the Atlantic and Type 35B are an exception. Don't hold it against me, I'm just a noob when it comes to Bugattis.

Here are some others that make me drool like a puppy.

Click for a pic
    *Maserati 450S (so pure and such a pretty face)
    *Lancia 2500 Flaminia Sport by Zagato (calling it a mini Ferrari would not really do it justice, but you get the picture)
    *Ferrari 330 LMB (IMHO just a little bit prettier than a GTO)
    *Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider (the restrained elegance and balance of the design is still as striking as I imagine it was when it was first shown)
    *Aston Martin Project 215 (a match for even the most beautiful of Ferraris. Perhaps because it looks like one, but that makes no difference to me)

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Roland,:)
    Hey no problem....we can't agree on all cars, but indeed I can agree on most of these beauties, and especially the Zagato Lancia and the Aston!!! :):)
    EDIT: I nearly forgot the Maserati 450S.....it's also in my wet dreams ;)
    Best

Carsten

7. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Another one of my favourite race cars, the beautiful 1967 Ford GT 40 MKIV #J6 of Jim Glickenhaus! Here on a picture from price giving at Pebble Beach, with Jim at the wheel.
    Cars dating from 1967 seems special to me as I was born that year!!! :)

8. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ....some more pics of GT40 MKIV`67 I have shot during my visit at Jim`s garage in May this year.

10. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    #60 Bertus, Aug 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    1937 Delahaye 135M Figoni et Falaschi Roadster....speaks for itself,
    Sooooooo stunning!!! :)

12. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Of course I agree with some of the previously posted cars... :D
    Here's one of my absolute and not mentioned before favourites...

The 250 GT California Spyder SWB, a classic SUN-lover... :D

13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thank you Alexander :).....and here in black!!!!

14. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Oh yes! I love it even more in that color! :D
    I still regret that I couldn't make it to Düsseldorf that weekend!
    Thanks for posting that great pic again! :D

15. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Exellent choices Carsten ! Still a beautiful example of the marvellous French cars of the Thirties.

@Alexander : I approve your choice too :)

Best

16. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    other of my choices : 1966 Jaguar XJ 13

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    ;);) Great choice Christophe.....here a few more pics of the XJ13, and one of the XK 180!!!

18. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    More XK 180..... a shame this car is only a concept car!!! What a beauty.....sigh!!! :)

19. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Another Bugatti of my choice, The Type 57C Cabriolet Gangloff 1939 ex-Charles Olivero Chassis #57749, Engine #64C. It was sold with the biddings at Bonhams two weeks ago at the cost of $1.930.000 !

The story of this superb car :

Introduced at the Paris Motor Show in October 1933, the 3.3-liter Type 57 touring model was destined to form the basis of all future output from the Molsheim factory until war intervened and brought production to an end in September 1939. Almost everything about it was new, contributing to a significantly more refined motor car than all earlier models of the marque. Its chassis frame had a longer wheelbase and a wider track than the preceding Type 49, but retained traditional Bugatti suspension, comprising semi-elliptic front springs passing through a circular section front axle and the characteristic reversed quarter-elliptic rear springs. The Series 2 model was introduced at the Paris Motor Show in October 1935 and featured a slightly modified engine flexibly mounted in a new cross-braced chassis frame, a strengthened rear axle and de Ram shock absorbers. At the same time the range was extended by the introduction of the supercharged Type 57C model. The mechanically actuated brakes of the earlier models were replaced on the Series 3 announced in the summer of 1938 by a Bugatti-Lockheed design of hydraulic system, and equally state of the art Allinquant telescopic shock absorbers were added to yield far and away the most refined version of the model, particularly when in supercharged Type 57C format. On the 15th of September, 1938 Gaston Descollas, the Bugatti agent for Marseilles in the south of France, placed an order with the factory for a Type 57C chassis for his customer Charles Olivero, a wealthy Marseilles jeweler who wished to replace his two-year-old Type 57 Atalante, Chassis no. 57432. Olivero commissioned the coachbuilders Gangloff of Colmar to design and construct the coachwork for his new car in the style of the Figoni-bodied Delahaye show car. On the 11th of February 1939, the completed car was registered for road use. In March of 1939, the car was displayed at the Geneva Motor Show at the instigation of the Swiss Bugatti agent Sechaund, before Olivero himself exhibited it in a number of the Concours d’Elegance which were so popular on the French Riviera. Olivero sold the car on the 18th of February 1948 to the Compagnie Générales de Légumes Secs. The following year the car appeared again at the Geneva Motor Show before its ownership passed on the 13th of June 1949 to Gaby Zaraya of 90, rue Canebiére, Marseilles. Zagar repainted the car white and like Olivero before the war, entered it for a number of Concours in the South of France. Then five years later, on the 6th of October 1954, the car was acquired by a new owner. During this period of ownership the car’s hood was extended forwards of the front axle and its coachwork was repainted black. The first American owner of the car later in 1960 was George Huguely of Washington D.C. in whose name it was listed in Hugh Conway’s 1962, in about 1970 ownership of the car passed to Robert Morgan of New Jersey but by 1988, the publication date of the first American Bugatti Club Register, compiled by André Rheault, Morgan had disposed of it but its present whereabouts were unknown to the club. In April 1988, the car was sold at auction in Geneva where it was purchased by F. Traber of Switzerland, remaining in his ownership until it returned to the USA. The present owner acquired the car from Joe Murphy of Pennsylvania who in 1996 had obtained it from the Blackhawk Collection who in turn had evidently purchased it from one Harry Resnick, following a lengthy and meticulous restoration during which its extended hood was returned exactly to its original configuration. The car, now painted in a more appropriate color scheme and still fitted with all its original component parts, was displayed at the 2003 Pebble Beach Concours where after a lapse of over sixty years it once again became a star Concours attraction, a role in which it had distinguished itself when new in the south of France.

I think that you approve my choice Carsten :)

Best regards.

20. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    ;) Oh yes I do.... ;) :) I really like these Figoni et Falaschi-styled bodies.....they are so elegant and beautiful, so your choice is very much approved by me ;)

Best regards

Carsten

21. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Another one I like very much: the Abarth OT 1300. Some have a periscope-like air intake on the roof and are also called (surprise, surprise) OT 1300 Periscope.

22. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato...

23. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    I still can't believe this is from 1968... Bertone's Alfa Romeo Carabo.

24. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Another Bertone creation, the Maserati Khamsin.

25. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    The Jaguar XJ 220....