The Purosangue Thread | Page 257 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    From one point of view the Maserati GranTurismo Folgore - the electric AWD version - seems more or less as made for the Purosangue however without the limitation of the electric horsepowers of course (it has 3*400 electric motors = 1200 but only what 750 is currently available on the Folgore) - it is like it is designed for this purpose...

2. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Before I sold my FF, I did have that kind of most likly stupid idea of removing the V12 and PTU/Gearbox and stuff, and replace them with the GranTurismo Folgore electric drive train (which most likely would also need to implement the instrument cluster, and at least part of the chassi to fit electric motors and stuff).

Would it not have been nice to have the first Ferrari FFe?

paulchua likes this.
  3. Jean

Jean Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Had driven a Purosangue on unpaved and paved road. Purosangue has a clever suspension that hides its deficiencies of its weight.
    Besides turn-in understeer, probably due to 4wd system, there is minimal weight shift from the body roll, during and exit of the cornering. The body control is composed and excellent.
    The Burmester audio is superb and the glass roof works pretty well. It does become clear unlike what Seen Through Glass has experienced during his test drive.

There are hardly any sound inside the cabin. First, I thought maybe because of double glazed windows. So, I opened the windows but hardly could hear anything.
    The only way to bring up the Ferrari sound is to go manual mode and heavy foot for that V12 induction noise.

I liked the thin steering wheel ala Roma but streering had hardly any feel. Downfall of electronic steerings.

The Sport setting on the manettino allows more slip than other models. Probably close to Race setting in other models. Had a big slide in one, which made us all had a big laugh.

Overall, that Multimatic Spool Valve tech does the wonders for this heavy four seater, even with four people on board.

Bundy, paulchua, anunakki and 8 others like this.
  4. 1881

1881 Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    good to hear about the glass roof...was actually a major question mark for me

5. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    No…Sorry

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Bas likes this.
  6. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    So, I finally saw the Purosangue in the flesh last night at the dealership premiere. It’s bigger and more muscular in person than I expected, which I happen to like. Comparisons to a Mazda are only from people who haven’t seen the Purosangue in person, or couldn't afford it even if they somehow fell upon an allocation. They look nothing alike beyond the fact that all SUV type vehicles have a common shape, born out of necessity, given a front engine, rear seating and a hatch style cargo area.

This is every bit as much a Ferrari, as any other model ever produced and certainly the most practical. On top of its practicality and brand ethos, it's the most sought after and expensive utility vehicle on the planet. Whether someone likes it or not is an entirely different conversation. Again, why this model doesn't have its own dedicated forum category (or at least grouped with others by name) is ridiculous.

KZEVO, paulchua, SardarJi and 11 others like this.
  7. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    This Purosangue is adverted for sale at Auto Scout 24. To buy it you don't need to be a very special VIP but just pay the 580.000 Euros asked by the Roman seller. The pictures show the car at Nmotors facility in Rome suggesting that any lucky buyer can have it delivered straight away.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Buy it! Send them payment and let us know how it works out…

9. topmostxx

topmostxx Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2023
    Has this this cancelled yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #6410 greyboxer, Apr 16, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    Look further down in the ad: Delivery in September 2023 Configurable..Options still Free.

The photos could well be of a pre-production car in a different dealer on the recent tour

I thought customer deliveries were not due til 2024 ? Or is it three to Euro-VVIP before Christmas as usual so they can claim deliveries have begun

MDEL likes this.
  11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I'm not a potential buyer for the Purosangue but I'm also suspicious as you are of this type of adverts. The name of the company who is selling this Purosangue is NMOTORS S.R.L.S and is based in Rome. From what I could find out this firm has adverts at Autoscou 24 for several second hand sports cars. However, it was constituted only in 2018 and has a share capital of 300 Euros which is nothing.

12. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    MDEL likes this.
  13. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What i dont understand about this argument is that the Mazda is a very good looking vehicle. Probably the best looking crossover ever made.

Now the argument may be, 'if Im paying $500k I want to stand out not look like a Mazda'

Problem with that argument is the Urus, Cullinan, Bentyaga all look like cheaper suvs as well. And the ones they look like arent anywhere near as good looking as the Mazda.

14. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I believe the premise for comparison is that the Mazda looks just as beautiful (maybe even more so) for hundreds of thousands less.

Not my words, just my interpretation of the meme.

jm2 and anunakki like this.
  15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Don’t forget Kevin Rice left Mazda to head Pininfarina for a stint. Let the conspiracy theories fly. LOL

HotShoe and anunakki like this.
  16. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Perhaps the disappointment would have something to do with the missing 8 cylinders?
    :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  18. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I think that is the problem. $120K will get you a full size Caddy with Brembo brakes, and that's enough left over for a vacation house. LOL.

anunakki likes this.
  19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If someone’s cross shopping a Purosangue with a bermbo caddy then that might be the problem.

casryk, Todd308TR and anunakki like this.
  20. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    But Im not sure what people expect, an SUV with giant vents everywhere and a huge wing? Its an suv (really a crossover) its going to look like that basic shape.

Boomhauer likes this.
  21. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I understand your point. But, GM produces more than 40,000 Escalades a year. The Purosangue isn’t for new utility buyer’s. Rather, it’s for Ferrari loyalists seeking everyday utility/practicality…and exclusivity. An Omega tells time the same way a Patek does. But, like an Escalade, if you have the dough you can get your hands on an Omega fairly easily. At least for now, the Purosangue is like a rare Patek, in that the buyer pool is much smaller and requires a dealer relationship and considerable purchase history. Thus, it’s unlikely anyone is seriously contemplating whether to order an Escalade or Purosangue. No disrespect to Escalade’s as I’ve owned a number of them over the years.

The only way a legit Purosangue buyer (who already placed a deposit and signed the contract) is choosing an Escalade, is if they can’t get a Purosangue…

22. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Ferraris are supposed to be sexy, not plain vanilla.

23. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    To continue your analogy Patek makes something that looks unique, that does its best to justify the expense.

24. Glenn Quagmire

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I’m not even sure what this means. Looks are entirely subjective. Your point was that one could spend $120K on an Escalade and have money left over to buy a vacation home. Not sure what kind of vacation home you can buy for the $280K, but enjoy it there! As for Patek, I’m curious…what exactly does IT do to justify the expense? Regardless, NO ONE is cross shopping an Escalade vs Purosangue.

paulchua and Todd308TR like this.
  25. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Its by far the sexist suv ive ever seen. Not sure what more they can do with the limitations of the platform

casryk, Lagunae92, paulchua and 3 others like this.