The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering - 2022 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering - 2022

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Apr 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thanks for this post. Yes, for some reason some seem to like to disparage the whole crowd because they don't like how a few people look or dress. I found everyone I came in contact to be kind, passionate and interested to learn. Just because some younger people don't know the history of each model doesn't mean they have less of a right to enjoy them. Truth is, Monterey week was fabulous. Lots of modern super cars? Sure, why not? Large crowds and traffic? Yes, which is fine. It's wonderful that so many enjoy celebrating the great automotive culture. Monterey week may not be this sleepy little gathering anymore, but it is remains the pinnacle to passionate automotive types. And, yes, cars are a lifestyle expression, as is great food, fashion, music. All of these things complement each other, so it makes perfect sense that they align together at certain events. I have no issues with any of it. But, the city was also crawling with some of the finest rare cars in the world, particularly at the Tour d'Elegance and today at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. And, yes, as it's always been, it's a rich mans passion. I'm a capitalist, I have no problem with that either.

2. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twosherpaz likes this.
  3. JJNino

JJNino Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    JOHN NINO
    Thanks for your kind words! It was a pleasure meeting with you. The response to Rossa 412P was overwhelming at both the Quail and Concorso Italiano. I think the sound of the unbridled competition ready V12 is actually what impressed everyone most. Even JG was kind enough to stop by and talk P Cars for a while. Thanks Jim and Meg, Wayne Carini and Ralph, Magnus, Chip Foose and everyone else for stopping by! We were interviewed for CarsTV which should air during the upcoming season. :) I'm still on cloud 9. Salute! Nino Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Nino

Il Tifoso, tritone, Schultz and 5 others like this.
  4. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    You might be right, the Porsche guys seem to fly the Oldtimer heritage flag a bit higher, time to buy a 911E?

Texas Forever likes this.
  5. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Is there a link to sign up a car for the 2023 The Quail Motorsports Gathering or is it too late? Thanks.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Here’s the event site but they have not posted anything for 2023 yet.

https://www.peninsula.com/en/signature-events/events/motorsports

I have exhibited twice, including this last August. It’s a wonderful event with exceptional cars, great people and superb food. If you have a great car to share I would encourage you to participate. I’m confident you’ll have a great time. Merry Christmas.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever, dinoart and BJK like this.
  7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #82 Ferrari55whoa, Dec 24, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    I was VERY grateful for the opportunity to buy a spare ticket last year. Everyone should do it at least once for the spectacle.

BTW agreed on the food/drink.

EDIT - I had also posted up photos of @JJNino and his functional art. It was a highlight for me, such a nice guy and unique car and one fun part for me was I was looking at it and said to myself and then outloud….is that a Maranello engine…?….and it was.

Fun to meet guys in real life and hear stories first hand.

JSinNOLA and plastique999 like this.
  8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    where? link? o_O :)