The Rest of the Story... (from Buttonwillow) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Rest of the Story... (from Buttonwillow)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Bmyth-FDC, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    I've seen the car at Fx and I am sad to say, it actually looks worse in person than in the pictures here.

Byron, I am so sorry for this tragedy but I am confident that you will come out of this ok and will probably have an even nicer car.

Ron

2. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Byron,
    Man, That sucks! When my F40 died on the last drive and the AAA guy said he could call me a flat bed I said "No way!" I think we all have the fear of this very thing happening to us.
    If you are still going an the next drive and can't find a car, you can ride with me in the F40.
    It is a sad thing, But the ball is in YOUR court with the insurance company. Sure, they will low ball you at first, but in the end they will either fix it or pay what it takes to replace it. It just may take a while.

I fought for 364 days over a '65 Corvette roadster repair and 9+ months getting $$ for a Corvette I crashed in Mexico. In the end, they both paid in full.

Good luck,
    Have patience,
    Rick

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Oh my - I am thinking of driving the 328 off a cliff just to ride in the f40 some more. :)

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Can I ride in it when you do??

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Can I have the F40 if you forget to wear your seat belt? lol

6. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    LOL :)
    Sure.....

But aren't you coming with me??

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yep, but I am wearing the seat belt & landing on the passenger side - No offense, I just really like your F40. :)

8. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Byron, all I can say is that this really sucks. There's an old Chinese saying something like 'if the old don't go the new won't come'. Hope the new year will bring you good luck.
    Ken

9. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Wait a minute...... Could this be the start of a NEW reality show??!! Sort of a Survivor theme???? (in your best anouncer voice) Tune in next week folks to see Rick and Jerry drive an Exotic sports car off a cliff to see WHO survives the crash and wins an F40!!!!

Sounds sorta catchy eh?
    :)
    Rick

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Byron,
    I just logged on . I can't beleive this!!! I am so sorry to see what happened. As long as you are O.K.
    That SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    I'll talk to you more about it in person.

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Holy ****, I didn't read the post I just saw the Pictures. I fell off the truck.. You should have punched him!!!!!!

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    ...so after falling off the truck and down a mountainside, the pics on the first page are all that happened? Surprising....still sucks....but surprising unless I missed some pics.

13. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Armen,
    Thanks for the support - I may be reaching out to you to help me find a replacement vehicle. Let's find some time to talk in person, perhaps over coffee.

Byron

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    The pictures are actually do not display all the damage that well - if you see the car in person, you will see far more damage. The car did not tumble down a mountainside... rather, it rolled off the freeway and end facing downhill on an uphill on the 405 fwy.

Still unbelievable, but it happened.

15. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Byron, I just read about your great day at the track with a very sad return home. It's a real shame that so call profesionels, have no respect for any cars. Especialy when it's your Ferrari.
    No one needs such agravation and you got enough with your starter.
    I recall that you had trouble with the starter during our trip in Santa
    Barbara this past Summer when I was there.
    Good luck to get all back in shape for the season. Check your e-mail
    take care,
    Roland
    F40LM

16. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    I just read about your lost!!!! You are taking it alot cooler than i would !

The best of luck trying to find another Stallion. Mabey 12 cyl.

Talk to you later.
    Dave
    512s

17. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Oh man Byron, I feel your pain. I never heard this until this morning when 007 informed me of the situation. I was shocked. Our man Costa will be able to fix it up if that is possible. Luckily you don't have a big red taco like I did. And even better, you were not in the car.

18. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    byron,

i know im very late on this but im really sorry to hear about your car. its absolutely unthinkable that something like this could happen. whats done is done so I hope that the towing company and their insurance company treat you very fairly and resolve this mess quickly. Once again Im really sorry to hear about your car.

ernie:(

19. otoupalik

otoupalik Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad Otoupalik
    Byron,

I had heard about your loss through the informal grapevine and wanted to extend my deepest condolences. I am in the auto biz and this is unfortunately not the worst I have seen or heard. These guys have ZERO understanding of our deep passion for the four wheel ladies.

The best of luck in sorting this out. If you need anything to get this beast (or a new one) back together, let me know.

I see you are in capable hands with Costa, so at least that is good.

Thanks

Brad

20. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Thanks Brad - haven't seen or heard from you in a while... how are things going at EvoSport? I just left you an email msg.

Thanks,
    B.