The return of the Dino? | Page 24 | FerrariChat

The return of the Dino?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by WJHMH, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should Ferrari reintroduce the Dino?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Even though it's a fowel picture, it looks better than the supposed "Dino"

No wonder the real Dinos are so coveted. ;)

2. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    however they will do bring back dino, i assure you. still i'm sure it won't look like that. i'm still wondering wether it'll be a mid engined or front? cause logic says it shoud be mid but all sketches and mules heads to other configuration

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Luca himself was interviewed in one of the American magazines last month, and he said that there is no way that Ferrari would build a "cheap" car, and he had no idea why the media was reporting this.

4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think Luca is covered because the new car will not be "cheap". :)

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    YUP like that.

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
  7. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    sounds like a dead ringer for the Alfa 8C engine and exhaust.

8. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    #584 YellowbirdRS, Nov 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Check this out: http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/15/...ri-dino-caught/
    more: http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/coupes/ferraris-dont-call-me-dino-spotted-testing-on-nurburgring/#more-9726

Is it for real? Montezemolo denied rumors in an interview not so long ago : http://www.motortrend.com/features/..._di_montezemolo

Here's what Luca said:

Ferrari Dino? Emphatic no, says Ferrari chieftain di Montezemolo

By Matt Stone
    Art By Mark Stehrenberger

At last year's Los Angeles Auto Show, Ferrari vice managing director Amedeo Felisa stated there's not a modern-day Dino or any other "entry-level" Ferrari under development and asked the media to discontinue reporting there would be. Now, Ferrari chieftain Luca di Montezemolo (pictured) has emphatically confirmed the same.

There's a definite pecking order to Fiat's automotive lineup. Ferrari is at the top of it, and will remain so. The marque sells every car it can build, limits production to maintain exclusivity, and some models have waiting lists of up to two years. Plus, the Prancing Horse is profitable.

So there's little incentive to launch a less-expensive, volume model, as Ferrari neither wants nor needs to boost its production numbers. Besides, keeping Ferrari as the ultimate aspirational brand-and in the $200,000-and-up price range-leaves plenty of expansion room for Maserati and Alfa Romeo.

VIDEO: Ferrari Dino mule caught in action at the 'Ring
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/24/video-ferrari-dino-mule-caught-in-action-at-the-ring/

Ferrari Dino and F430 successor by CAR mag: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=1079&page=1

Also check this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173237
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Enzo66

Enzo66 Rookie

Nov 6, 2007
    England
    Full Name:
    Will
    nice photoshop of alfa 8c

10. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    The Maserati Coupe' has become the Alfa 8C instead of becoming the new Dino... This is just rumor from http://thescuderia.net and not documented...

11. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    All that they have denied is that the existence now or later of a Dino Badged car. They have clearly not denied another car in the lineup - a V8 front engined GT car. This car is very real, and is being developed to fill the gap that now exists in the $150,000 to $200,000 segment (100,000 euros).
    Ferrari have opened twenty new dealerships in China, several in India and Russia and are looking at overwhelming demand in developing countries where there was previously no viable way to sell Ferraris. Luca Di M is no idiot. He has a dormant Maserati factory (with Mas production being integrated at current Alfa Romeo facilities) and skyrocketing demand for Ferraris. An increase from 5,500 cars to 10,000 cars will not have even a blip of impact on the demand for Ferraris and will more than double the value of Ferrari within the Fiat S.p.a group. Ferrari is an iconic brand, but it also has a huge role to play in the profitability of the FIAT holding company. This is Luca's legacy being played out here. It is the Porsche progression on a smaller numerical scale, but very profitable and with self sustaining demand as long as the quality is there. He has done a great job ensuring that Ferrari delivers a quality, world beating product, much the same as Porsche, who are now selling many times more cars per year than even as recently as 10 years ago. Porsche's financial success, albeit as a low volume manufacturer has led them to control over the Volkswagen Audi Group where Porsche is now the dominant stockholder and calls all the shots. Don't be surprised to see Ferrari assert its dominance in Fiat S.p.a in the near future.

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Well put!!

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    unless my numbers are wrong, fiat expects to have a net profit of 1.16-1.18b euros in 2007. Ferrari should net 200m euros. not sure how they are going to dominate fiat anytime soon. your projections of ferrari doubling their profit in the near future seem a little premature. especially going into a recession.

14. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I grant you a likely recession in the US, but not in China, Russia, India, etc. Those countries are minting new billionaires and millionaires at an alarming rate..... alarming unless you are selling luxury goods like LVMH, Ferrari, Rolls, Bordeaux wines, white truffles, diamonds, etc. Ferrari will service these new markets in part with the production capacity at the Maserati facility in Modena and the new assembly line under construction next to their current facility on the Maranello campus. In the near term, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Ferrari initiative to ship the 360's and 430's being dumped in the US, due to lease defaults, out of the country and into markets with eager cash buyers. Are you listening Luca?

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  16. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    I can not even look at it, it is so ugly.

17. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Dont know if i believe that the new 2010 Ferrari will be a reworked 360/430 shape personally. Does not fit in with the ferrari pattern, ie: 308/328, 348/355, 360/430 ect.

18. Ferrari Rare Parts

Ferrari Rare Parts Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2006
    Rome Italy
    Full Name:
    Orlando
    the new replacement for the 430 is already designed years ago.Its like fashion whats on the streets in 2008 has already been designed two years before and demonstrated in the industry the year before.
    Imagine all the different parts to be made for an automobile.They have to design ever single part and design new machines to fabricate the parts,new molds ect....
    Their is so many parts in a Ferrari and the new one is already been drawn while we were viewing the 430 for the first time.

Their will be a new cheaper model to fill in gaps,and even the whole Ferrari facility is expanding.Intentions to make a bigger production line are simply demonstrated in the expansion of the facility while driving past.

In the past years Ferrari has taken maserati on, brought maserati back in top range!
    Have produced more cars(ferrari plus maserati)
    Taken more experience
    Building more facilities
    Expanded income through toys,bags,books,clothes and gagets (Ferrari stores)
    Opening new markets: Russia ,China, India
    winning F1s

Ferrari is ready to take on the worldwide challenge for the well off business people, not so rich class,wanting a Ferrari ,and thats many many many ( if they could only produce them).
    Put it this way Ferrari is not going to ruin its rep selling cheaper Ferraris,its still going to cost double a second hand 355 ! Owning a 355 doesn't mean your lower than a person owning an Enzo! Its still a Ferrari.

What about that smaller 2 seater cheaper porsche cayman (what ever its called) Thats a nice car and more affordable than the Porsche GT,more people are starting to buy Porsche.
    Its also positive as it lets the younger dudes become owners and have an easier goal to own a Ferrari than either your born rich or become rich or No Ferrari.

I remember when I really wanted a Ferrari, when I was 15 years old.I really wanted a Ferrari for many years.I now own 3 and have parts for most of them.
    I truely respect the people who have a passion for Ferrari and can never have the chance to own one, I consider myself lucky even though my dreams to buy a new never used Ferrari are still very far.
    It would be great for a newer Ferrari for the average business men that ain't the richest men in the world.

19. opus10583

opus10583 Formula 3

Dec 3, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If they build anything at a FIAT-Auto owned plant, regardless of the name on the old signs, using a Ferrari <12-cylinder engine, it could/should properly be called a FIAT Dino.

20. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    I was at the south florida exotic toy rally and over heard someone say that Ferrari is going to release its new 2+2 model within a couple of years. I was not sure if they said it would be the dino. Anyone have any news ???

21. forzadaytona

forzadaytona Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Frank G.
  22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie