The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Inspired by the incredible fun and camaraderie of the Marin FOG group, I'm pleased to announce the formation of the SACamento Region Exotic Driver's Group (SACRED). Like our Bay Area brethren, our group is about the excitement and enjoyment of the local area's roads and making friends with other exotic owners.

We welcome owners of all models of true exotics - Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, Audi R8, Ford GT, etc. - to join us in exploring our region's fantastic roads through spirited drives on Saturday mornings (with an aim not to conflict with FOG's drives, as we would like everyone locally to continue to join the Marin folks!), starting out as every four weeks.

Unless otherwise stated, all drives will leave our departure point at 8AM sharp, and will not be longer than 3 hours, so you will have plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your weekend. After each drive, we should be having a group lunch (totally optional, of course!).

Please PM myself or jm3 to get the meeting/departure point.

Our first excursion will be on Saturday, January 29th, at 8AM. We look forward to seeing all our friends, and making new ones, then. Please feel free to invite other exotic car owners in your social circle to our drives - there's plenty of room in the SACRED family!

So, without further ado, let's get started!

January 29, 2011:
    1. SillyPuppy

2. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    This is very cool!

3. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Sillypup and jm3, I commend you guys on starting these recurring drives and this thread and look forward to joining you guys out there someday. Our machines love to discover new and exciting roads.

4. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    This is cool. Though I myself have nothing truly "exotic", I would love to come out meet some fellow Tifosi in my own backyard. I'll let my friends know, that own Ferraris, there is an effort to organize local drives and see if I can get some of them to come out with their prancing horses.

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Thanks, gentlemen, for the kind words, and I hope you'll join us soon. Michael, that means you'll just have to ride along with me, for now, I'm afraid. ;)

6. Ninpo4me

Ninpo4me Karting

Jul 5, 2009
    Auburn CA
    Full Name:
    Pierre

7. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    drpetril knows a couple folks in the Lambo community, and I know one local owner myself. I'll reach out to him, and if you know any others, please invite them to contact me. PM me for my e-mail address and phone number, if you need them.

Before I forget - while I know local ownership isn't huge, I didn't want to forget to invite the Aston Martins out, as well. I know one owner whom I'll be contacting soon.

8. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave

9. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California

That's very kind of you. I appreciate it very much :). I'll be the kid in the driving cap. I've sent a few emails out to a couple local Ferrari owners, I'm awaiting their reply. I'll let you know as soon as I know something. I look forward to meeting you all.

10. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate

11. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    (For easier re-quoting...)

January 29, 2011:
    1. SillyPuppy
    2. ninpo4me
    3. Drpetril
    4. F1.360.Lover
    5. Logical1

13. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B

14. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    #14 jm3, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I just can't wait to go... Beautiful pics, JM - love that wispy fog. When I first moved here from NJ, I got so excited about that ultra-thick fog, and I still enjoy driving in it so much. On early mornings on weekends, when no one's out there and it's foggy, it's my favorite, for some reason...

I'll see some of you on Saturday's FCA Delta Dash (the route should be less exciting than the one we've got planned for SACRED), but really look forward to the 29th!

OP

16. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I know jm3's coming...

January 29, 2011:
    1. SillyPuppy
    2. ninpo4me
    3. Drpetril
    4. F1.360.Lover
    5. Logical1
    6. CaptWillieB
    7. jm3

17. captwillieb 328gts

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #17 captwillieb 328gts, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Beautiful photos.... makes me glad I'm out here. Looking forward to drive next weekend !!

18. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Just a quick update on our planning for this Saturday's inaugural SACRED drive and lunch...

I'm working on getting us hosted at a winery in Plymouth that I've been recommended for lunch - look forward to a couple hours of driving on some very good roads, followed by salad, handmade pizzas, and desserts.

The weather is going to be wonderful, according to the current forecasts, and I've called on all my local owners/friends to come out and join us for a good time.

Until Saturday!
    Orrie

19. captwillieb 328gts

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    Looking forward to it Orrie !!
    See you on Saturday !!

20. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Does every know where exactly we are meeting?

21. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    If you don't know where the meeting location is, please PM me - like the FOG group, it's not a secret, but I'm not putting the exact location out as general public knowledge...

22. captwillieb 328gts

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    SillyPup !!

Thanks for the message and looking forward to the drive... Last hurrah before going to sea and driving around pirates !!

23. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    #23 SillyPuppy, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
    Just heard from Ferra355 - he'll be coming along, too. :)

8. ferra355

And even better news - Villa Toscano will be happy to provide parking for us, as we have a nice early lunch at their Bistro! It's gonna be a fun, beautiful day...

24. drpetril

drpetril Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Reno NV and N. CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tommy may also be coming with his Black Lambo murcielago.

25. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    #25 SillyPuppy, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    I was gonna ask you if you'd contacted Tommy... Here's what we have, as far as I know - I still have some Lambo/Lotus/Aston folks who may or may not show up...

January 29, 2011:

1. SillyPuppy (F355 Spider)
    2. ninpo4me (F430)
    3. Drpetril (F430 Spider)
    4. F1.360.Lover (360)
    5. Logical1 (F430)
    6. CaptWillieB (328)
    7. jm3 (F355 Spider or 308GT4)
    8. ferra355 (F355 Spider)
    9. JL (F430 Scuderia)
    10. Tommy (Murcielago) - Tentative.

Shaping up great for a first go-'round! Those of us who were on last weekend's Delta Dash will see a familiar road or two, but since we're headed to Plymouth instead of Walnut Grove, most of it will be different. Bring your cameras (still AND video) - we're gonna need it for the upcoming website!