The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 39 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    In our defense, we DID give you an extra five minutes before we headed out... I hadn't heard from you to let me know you were running late, so JRQ and I figured you weren't coming. I'll be setting up something soon, but I have some family stuff to take care of in PHX this weekend, so I'll be away. Feel free to get together and drive without me, though!

Orrie

2. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    So let's drive, Orrie. I have missed the last two drives I've tried to go on (once for being late, once for a failed fuel injector) so I'm ready to go.

3. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Hell, yeah. I'm back from Phoenix (again!), and am ready to go. Saturday work for you? Jay? Dave?

Impromptu SACRED Drive, 7/5/2014
    -----------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy + Mrs. SillyPuppy

4. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Can't go the 5th, but could probably do the 6th.

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Damn, I'm booked until late Saturday night, so I can't drive (safely) Sunday morning. And I'm out of town the weekend of the 12th, so can we block off for the morning of the 19th?

Orrie

6. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #956 captwillieb 328gts, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Two area friends picked up GT4's....
    and they want to play !!
    Unfortunately, I'm back out at sea - did get one week at home since the 1st of April - but I shall return at the end of August.
    Is it too early to start talking about a drive ? Geeeezzzz.... I think our cars are going to stick to the garage floor if we don't get them out to breath the fresh air !
    Wasssup wit dat ?

Anyway, Let's give Harve (red) and Vince (silver bullet) a warm welcome !!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Hey, gentlemen, welcome aboard! My work (and recreation!) schedule have been off-the-chart nuts this summer. It just figures... after the car was away for so long, I get it back, and then I don't have enough time to use it!

I just got back last night from a work trip to Palo Alto, and will have to work this weekend (what's up with that?!), and won't be able to do a morning drive. The wife is hoping we can go for a quick run on Sunday evening, but that's dependent on how my work goes...

Next weekend is the wife's birthday, then we're away camping the weekend after that. 8/16 is Monterey weekend, but for those (like myself) who are staying behind, I'd be very happy to run a drive and brunch! If not, definitely on the 23rd...

Any takers? Haven't seen quite a few of you in a long while...

Orrie

SACRED Drive, 8/16/2014
    ---------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy + Mrs. SP

8. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Sorry guys, the 16th is the day I return from a trip up north. Have fun!

9. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    I'll be on my way home @ the 23rd.... so.... I'm open for the 30th of Aug....
    Due off the ship @ the 16th in Savannah.... them my sister and I drive cross country (not in the 328) from the 19th thru 26th......
    How does that look ?

10. 308_gt4

308_gt4 Rookie

Jun 19, 2014
    Well, thanks to the Capt the cat's out of the bag :)

I was hoping to get the car sorted out before getting it out on the road, but Ben's backed up with the move. I've 4th in the queue, so I'm just taking it on short runs and addressing some small things while saving the major stuff for Ben. I'm an average wrench, but hesitant to "experiment" on the 308. Belts look easy, but I've got a garage full of unfinished projects that liked easy until you start.

16th looks open for now as does the 30th.

11. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave

12. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Woot! Can't wait to see ya again, Mr. B!

Orrie

13. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Also, I noticed a sign at the Starbucks/In-n-Out at Bidwell / Hwy50 in Folsom, that said

"Cars n Coffee every Saturday".

Anybody know anything about that?

14. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I went to the first one, it was only maybe 10 cars. It may have grown since then.

15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I'm so looking forward to this weekend's drive!

We were camping this weekend in Watsonville, and headed back yesterday morning. Knowing that Monterey Car Week was starting up, I knew we'd see some beauties headed in the opposite direction, and was not disappointed! Saw a few 360s, 458, R8 Spider, AM V8 Vantage, and plenty more before we even got out of Santa Cruz...

I hope whomever hasn't gone down there for the week will come and join us this weekend for our meet and drive, meeting at 7:30ish at the usual EDH spot and departing at 8:00. It won't be a huge drive (Wentworth/Icehouse will be the drive AFTER this weekend!), and we'll have a brunch afterwards.

See you then!
    Orrie

16. F1.360.LOVER

F1.360.LOVER Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    SACRED Drive, 8/16/2014[/b]
    1. SillyPuppy + Mrs. SP
    2. Logical 1
    3. Nate

17. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Can't wait to see you, Nate!!! Been forever since we've shared pavement together!

Hey Dave B - what are the boys doing that morning? :D

SACRED Drive, 8/16/2014[/b]
    1. SillyPuppy + Mrs. SP
    2. Logical 1
    3. Nate
    4. JM3 and DM1

18. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Will my Tesla be welcome on our drives? Scheduled to arrive in October. It doesn't look the part (although it's red) but it'll have absolutely nooooo problem keeping up. Still, a four door sedan on a super car drive…not the right image I guess. When more people actually drive these things though, there may well be a redefinition of super.

See ya Saturday in the old school car. :)

19. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Absolutely, DB, bring the Tesla! Corrie may pass on riding with me for the day, however, as she's lusting after a Model S... So you may have an extra passenger!

Orrie

20. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Car is ready to go....teenager maybe not.

21. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Great drive on Saturday, folks!

We had 4 cars, with a total of 6 people, in attendance, for one of the most wonderful runs we've done. The weather was perfect - not too hot! - and the roads were mostly empty! We had a few stops to stretch out on our 110-mile journey through the foothills, and what drive would be complete without a blast through a tunnel, right before a delicious lunch?

Thanks to everybody who came - as I told my passenger all throughout the day, I knew all of you so well, and never worried for any of us - not that it stopped me from checking my mirror all the time to make sure we were all together and well! Sharing the road with you is an absolute pleasure.

On our next drive, I'd like to open it up to more sports cars, so those of you with friends who have Boxsters, Vipers, S2000s, and so on, bring them along! That drive is scheduled for September 6th. I'm bringing the Mrs. along, feel free to bring your spouses, as well. We'll end up at the winery in Plymouth, and I'll select a fun (but not overly long) route to get us there. As always, recommendations and assistance in any form is welcome!

Hope you and some friends come out for another beautiful day on the spectacular roads that we are so blessed to live so close to!

Orrie

SACRED Drive, Sept. 6, 2014
    ---------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy + 1 (F355)
    2. RM + 1 (S2000)

22. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Sorry, going to be out of town on the 6th. It was a great day. Hopefully next time.

Nate

23. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    No worries! Robert wants to get a ride in your car sometime, if you don't mind... When he first had a ride in mine, he commented something along the lines of, "I kinda expected it to be a little... faster." I don't think he'd feel the same way in yours! And he LOVED the sound of it, and wished we'd been behind you for segments of the drive!

24. F1.360.LOVER

Dec 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thanks. I'll definitely take him for a ride next time.
    Nate

25. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    He's extremely excited, already!

Folks, if you haven't received an email asking if you're available to show your cars at the California Capital Airshow, ES has made a request for more of a Ferrari presence at the show.

From their email: [Cars will] be on display in a total of five secure and cordoned areas. We have room for about 15 more vehicles. These will be manned with car enthusiasts/owners during the show hours while Airshow marshals patrol our static displays. For those that choose to leave vehicles over night, we have enhanced security provision in addition to patrolling Airshow marshals. Board members for the California Capital Airshow are offering admission tickets, VIP status, and photo ops (aircraft and vehicles) to our participants. This event will be on September 6-7.

If you are interested in showing your car either (or both) days, please contact myself ASAP, and I can put you in contact with those running this aspect of the Airshow!

Orrie