The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread | Page 42 | FerrariChat

The SACramento Region Exotic Driver's (SACRED) Group Thread

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SillyPuppy, Jan 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Most certainly, I will, Colby! Haven't seen you in a while, but I'm looking forward to catching up with you! I also would like to talk with you about a consignment opportunity -I'll give you a call about that, hopefully this week.

I've been driving a little bit in the fall and winter with friends who don't have exotics, and its been enjoyable. But I can't wait for the weather to get just a little warmer so the Ferrari/Lotus/Maserati guys would be more comfortable on the roads... Did a drive last weekend, and DAMN, it's chilly with the top down, even with the heat on! But you know me - I don't put the tip up unless I positively have to... :)

Hope everyone had a very festive holiday season, a happy New Year, and I wish you all a very successful start to 2015!

Orrie

2. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey guys, let's get a drive or two going. I've been driving the Tesla everywhere for the last three months and frankly I need to rekindle some passion for driving these slow overly mechanical liquid fuel guzzling beasts or I'm just going to sell the damn thing. If the weather is clear, cold be damned, lets drive!

3. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    It looks like this weekend's weather will be chilly, but cooperative, if you'd like to get together for a drive, Dave! And I'd be happy to slap together a route - you haven't yet been on the new stretch of pavement that I've fallen in love with. Feel free to bring either red car! And tell your boys to come bring out their toys as well!

SACRED Drive, Jan. 10, 2015
    ------------------------------------
    1. SillyPuppy

4. KODE3F1

KODE3F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2013
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    1. SillyPuppy
    2. Sac911Turbo

5. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Better set that alarm clock now, Ryan! ;) :D

6. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good way to start the year

7. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Pretty sure I'm in.

1. SillyPuppy
    2. Sac911Turbo
    3. Logical1
    4. ///Mink

8. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Wonderful, guys, it's been quite a while since I've seen you! Happy New Year to you both!

I've contacted Rick, who leads the local Lotus club, and he's forwarded the info of our drive along.

I'm about to PM you both regarding the route - I'd like your opinions on what I've put together so far.

See you Saturday, bright an early, gentlemen! Jay, are you around? You feel like stretching the 355's legs a little?

9. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    I washed my car today so I guess I'm committed.

10. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Oh, no, Tom! You wash AFTER the drive, not before! Now you've called for rain! :p

A contingent of our Lotus brethren will be joining us this weekend - I'm very excited to have them along! I've always found that people who own, or have owned Lotus cars in the past, are the best drivers... not to mention the most strappingly handsome. Hey, did you all know that I once had an Elise?... :p

I'll put down 5 Loti on the attendance list, as a rough estimate, though I get the impression there'll be more than that...

1. SillyPuppy
    2. Sac911Turbo
    3. Logical1
    4. ///Mink
    5. Lotus 1
    6. Lotus 2
    7. Lotus 3
    8. Lotus 4
    9. Lotus 5

11. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    Adding in a friend, still room for more! ;)

1. SillyPuppy
    2. Sac911Turbo
    3. Logical1
    4. ///Mink
    5. Lotus 1
    6. Lotus 2
    7. Lotus 3
    8. Lotus 4
    9. Lotus 5
    10. JRQ

12. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave

13. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    As Dave predicted, the car started up about 20 minutes after you guys left and ran flawlessly all the way home. Started fine once it was home, too. <sigh>. Italians.

14. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave

15. SillyPuppy

SillyPuppy Formula 3

Aug 2, 2005
    I was happy to get your message on Saturday that you made it home without issue, Tom, though I know you're gonna want Ben to have a good look and figure out exactly what happened. We missed having you on the other segments on the run!

Dave, I hope the drive gave you a renewed love for your car - it certainly is making me think twice about letting mine go!

I'll be putting another one together very soon - everyone had a really good time, and the Lotus guys were just wonderful to have along! They'll be regulars, I sincerely hope!

Orrie

16. mrmichaelrsmith@gmail.com

BANNED

Nov 29, 2009
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Michael Smith
    Want to invite all Sacramento Area Ferrari Owners on January 31st 2015 34th Annual Delta Dash. We will meet at Bistro 33 in El Dorado Hills off of Latrobe Rd. at 0830. Have a leisurely drive to 52095 S. River Rd. to meet with the FCA Pacific Region Members to welcome the new PR president. After, we will drive to Broderick Roadhouse in West Sac for a set lunch menu $25/pp plus tax and gratuity with bottomless mimosas. Nate will be leading the drive and I am coordinating the lunch, please RSVP if you plan to attend.

17. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Anyone planning to go to YuroSundae tomorrow at the Pavilions? I'll be there in the 550.

18. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hey Folks! I'm a new Ferrari owner in Sacramento. After a few years of Porsche ownership, I now have a 2005 F430. I'm looking forward to connecting with this group!

19. captwillieb 328gts

captwillieb 328gts Formula 3

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    Congratulations and welcome to the club !!! I have another Porsche friend that just converted after picking up a 360 yesterday. The Porsche/Ferrari guys meet at the Nugget in Rocklin off Pleasant Grove every Sunday morning. (an informal and unofficial gathering)
    And then we drive occasionally... :)

20. ///Mink

///Mink Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Mink
    Unfortunately, our fearless leader has left the Ferrari fold so we're sort of a rudderless ship right now. (See what I did there, Willie?)

21. captwillieb 328gts

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    #1046 captwillieb 328gts, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes Tom, I see what you did.... I'm laughing and shocked.....
    Did the Pup moved to a new doghouse ?!?

I wonder if I could organize a drive from out here ? Great time to visit Warton's market in Foresthill - see the snow, etc...

Meantime, took my other 'daily driver' out of Miami Thursday.... (just missed the Miami Formula E race) heading to Houston and then Europe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    What time on Sunday? Sounds like fun.

23. captwillieb 328gts

Nov 8, 2008
    Cool, CA
    Full Name:
    Willie B
    9:00 is usually when the guys get there. If they are not out by the cars, they are inside onthe left where the coffee and doughnuts are.... I'll let them know to look for you.
    Sorry I'm out on my ship....but will meet you on my return.
    Will send you a PM.

24. Perkins

Perkins Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Wasn't able to get out there this weekend, but I'm hoping next weekend!

25. Logical1

Logical1 Karting

Apr 14, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like we have both the Porsche and the red/tan 05 430 in common. I'll try to get to Nugget Sunday to say hello. It's a little haphazard but there are some outstanding drives around the foothill backroads that usually end up at a winery. Love to have you come along.

Welcome,
    Dave