Buy

The Socal To AZ Garage Build - Input Appreciated

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by SoCal to az, Feb 19, 2021.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thx Peter! Hope you are enjoying sunny AZ!

4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Just love it here. The weather is great, housing, food, gas, power and garbage, etc. is a lot less than Nor Cal and nobody has thrown rocks at me (yet) for moving here :p

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. Boots

Boots Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    If you need any memorabilia for the space, I would highly recommend getting in touch with Collector Studio - Fine Automotive Memorabilia here in Toronto. He has some amazing pieces, original LaFerrari Carbon Engine cover, Enzo front bumper etc...that level of "cool".

https://collectorstudio.com/

SoCal to az likes this.
  6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I get his emails. Its amazing stuff for sure. Ive looked at it but its a bit early. Want to stand in the space and evaluate before doing anything.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow...your driveway looks really steep...

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    yup. It’s certainly not flat.

10. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I’m building in Troon about 30 mins north of you. Looks like we are at the same stage. Best of luck!

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Could your builder decide on a driveway entrance grade in advance to make sure your lowest car's front end won't scrape or will it be trial and error when it's finalized/poured?

13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    our architect made the driveway as flat as possible. We have approximate 75 feet from street level to where the house sits. Builder is also going to make the transition from street to driveway as flat as possible. Currently they have graded the driveway in dirt and I’m not the least bit concerned about the grade. It’s steep but nothing that is not manageable.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  15. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Do you see the availability of materials as a risk factor for the project? In form of delays or risen costs? Here in Finland it's starting to become a problem. Overall building costs are about 30% up from 2020. Or more.

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What I thought I was going to build a house for and what the actual budget came in at is already 40% higher than I anticipated. I was going to pause on the project with the property values who have gone up so much that even with the inflated build cost, if I decide to sell theoretically I could probably sell it for double what I build it out. In this particular area price per square-foot is reaching bay area in New York levels. Now whether it’s the stains or not is a different story, but I’m taking a calculated risk that we’re going to build a house that’s going to be worth much more than what it cost to build..

Mikael-F360 likes this.