The Tesla Plaid Will Smoke Every Car Ferrari Makes for $150k | Page 29 | FerrariChat

The Tesla Plaid Will Smoke Every Car Ferrari Makes for $150k

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Golden Steed, Nov 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I loved daily driving both my manual viper and manual 355 :D Id take either...**** id take most anything over a Tesla (and I have driven three). Just boring except for the 0-60 acceleration but that get olds fast. Of course i find roller coasters boring as well.

INTMD8 and Gh21631 like this.
  2. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    .....hence the one day stipulation ;)

anunakki likes this.
  3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    aaaaaand it looks just like most every other Maserati before it. Nothing special.

Although…

I’m sure the only thing faster than it’s 0-60 will be it’s depreciation. ;)

Solid State, anunakki and ddrewesusa like this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #704 paulchua, Mar 17, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Never lauded its aesthetic, some folks seem to think an ICE bestows a car some special “look” I never understood that one.

really it’s faux sound. Just Like faux vents, faux carbon fiber, faux grills, faux chrome, faux diffusers, faux exhaust, faux rims, faux cross drilled rotors, faux windows, faux vortex generators, faux lights, faux …..

just funny to me these other holy cows don’t garner the same gnashing of teeth.

;)

what can I say, cognitive dissonance fascinates me in an entertaining way.

Tony91505 likes this.
  5. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    If you read back you’ll see I said it doesn’t matter if it’s ICE or EV if the design is boring it’s a yawn regardless.

Lol you’re becoming and EV crusader. Always looking for an argument when there is none. :)

6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #706 paulchua, Mar 18, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Yeah, I am an EV crusader, don't confuse that with an ICE hater. I can be a proponent of digital music, but own analog tubes and vinyl. It's when folks try to say vacuum and records are overwhelming *superior* to digital that I see these folks invoking the religious aspect of a 'crusade.'

It appears with the direction the whole auto industry is headed, there is no quarter.

An argument is a dance that needs a partner, it can only exist if one disagrees. If you peruse this thread - unanimity is far from reach.

I simply point out the only rebuttals are ones that don't belong in this forum. That in itself gives one pause for thought.

Folks, that disagree with me, really think this thread will age well for you?

:)

Perhaps that's that key to the enigma, the future has no consequence for the silent.

Attached Files:

Tony91505 likes this.
  7. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Lol, all I'm saying is that after 29 pages of repeating the same thing maybe you made your point? :)

Time will crown the winner. IMHO I don't think either side in this debate, ICE or EV, will be the winner 30 years from now.

8. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    We really need the weather to warm up so we can all get out there and go driving instead of rehashing the same irrelevant points in every thread!

HotShoe likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    There's no post limit, nor are there any rules against reaffirming one's opinions.

One can love music streaming AND vinyl.
    One can own both an Apple Watch AND a Richard Mille.
    One can attend live concerts AND watch/listen to them on TV.
    One can drink Diet AND Regular Coke.
    One can own a LaFerrari AND a Pursosangue.

Tony91505 likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The weather is fine where I'm at, I've driven both my ICE and electric cars.

11. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I have both a V12 manual Ferrari and a Tesla. There are some things they have in common to all cars. There are some things one does better than the other. The Ferrari is clearly the most engaging and fun to drive of the two. The Tesla will out perform it on acceleration by a bunch. Where I live, there are many Tesla's on my block but only one Ferrari. And, as I live on the same peninsula as Cat Herder, the weather is fine!

12. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    In light of recent events, how's the Tesla compare to a Cessna?

SirTony76 and Shorn355 like this.
  13. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I love roller coasters- I like Taycans- I wouldn't have a Tesla Plaid up my ass.... I don't care if does 0 to 60 in .9 seconds-

anunakki likes this.
  14. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    One can own a GT3 manual AND a Taycan

Just not a Tesla....:eek::eek::p:p:D:D

HotShoe likes this.