The URUS, the world's first Super Sport Utility Vehicle! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The URUS, the world's first Super Sport Utility Vehicle!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Andrew R., Nov 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Meh, I was kind of hoping it would be a 2 door but everything is going to a crossover urbanized market sedan, the design is getting a lot of hate but I think that will change over time. One thing I'd like for Lamborghini to do with this new platform is off road rally race it, I would have no issues with that.

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Wish it was closer to the concept :(

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Had to double take to see it wasn't a Macan or something of that ilk.
    T

4. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Oh dear . . .that front is not good, more grilles than a burger king.

Preferred the look at the front of the concept.

Saying that, I'll still rather have the LMOO2. . . .

5. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
  6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Wow, pics do not look good. Disappointing but tbh I really was never in the market for one anyhow. A “super SUV” doesn’t interest me at all. I’ll take a Huracan and a Bentayga.

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
  8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    When you peel the layers back, it's really just a rebadged Audi Q7 with a VW corporate engine. Not impressed. If it had the right engine (read: N/A V10 or V12), I could maybe get over the platform sharing, but it looks more like a status symbol to me than anything else. It sort of reminds me of a Lexus SUV from the side and back.

I am not necessarily against a Lamborghini SUV, but this is pretty mediocre. If this was supposed to be the follow-up to the ultra-badass LM002, it failed miserably.

anunakki, GuyIncognito and Nuvolari like this.
  9. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    so,

Basically a Q7?

10. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    *RS Q7

11. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    yep. a Q7 going to a rave.

12. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew

No emotion whatsoever. It's boring.

The Q7 is actually a nicer-looking car than this.

I'm sure they'll sell lots because of the badge, but I really don't see the point.

All the best,
    Andrew.

13. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    Terrible. I was hoping for at a V10 or V12 and something to make it "Lambo", not this badge engineered garbage. Hope the Ferrari one doesnt happen. Next one to come is the Rolls :(

NeuroBeaker and GuyIncognito like this.
  14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Bentayga, huh? Did you ever see one in the flesh? I will take this Lambo any day over the Bentley.

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thats the truth. The Status demographic will eat it up.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yup, I like it. And the interior is great. I currently have a Volvo XC90 and Imho it’s the most attractive SUV on the market. It’s just too slow.

gt_lusso likes this.
  17. I'm in the minority, but I like it, but it would be for Mrs suburbanite not me. I'd rather have the Raptor mentioned earlier. To be fair, it has to be compared to the other similar offerings. I think this is something that has to happen in order to keep the Lamborghini a viable brand, but sure it's no LM, or even close, but maybe if this is successful then maybe we can get that too.

18. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm not sure of the final price but I think it looks impressive. I like it and it is a lot better than the Ferrari wagonish car.

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Agree on the xc 90 beeing pretty, and a great everyday driver,but as boring as it gets. The Bentaygas interior looks just like my Conti gt did 12 years ago,the traditional two pods, and daimond stiching, on the outside it reminds me of a London taxi,the world moves on, now ,it just looks old without a trace of innovation. I guarantee, the Urus,seen in the right enviroment,as Colorado,Loveland pass ,on a Winter day,, it looks absolutely amazing,

anunakki likes this.
  20. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    $200,000 to start

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I love your Raptor comparo,truth to be told, you will never beat a well sorted US performance factory truck ,best in the world,bad ass amazing trucks.in this segment, value reliablity, all out performance, those of us ho ever owned one,know this, But this Lambo will be a pretty cool alternative,if price is no object.

22. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    The idea of a Lamborghini SUV has never been an issue for me. I like the idea. But the Urus dissapoints me. Most of the car seems like its made out of left over parts from the shelves at the VAG-factories in Germany. They could at least used a different engine.

The car will probably do well. It’s a german product after all, and that german cars are quality. But it lacks soul and emotion in terms of design. Too bad, Lambo...
    Hopefully it’s great to drive.

My conclusion is this:

Ferrari will reveal an SUV at some point. If this is the best Lambo can do with help from Audi and Volskwagen, I can’t really think of any bigger disaster than a Ferrari SUV with parts and electronics from a Dodge Durango and Chryslers trash bin.

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    In order to give the Ferrari suv the us 100-000 mile warranty, it will benefit from Dodge Ram parts,lots of them.

nicholasn and gt_lusso like this.
  24. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Haha good one

25. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i like it for what it is a big, brash, status symbol for the guy that had lambo sports cars when single but is now married w family. gets him/her back into the lambo fold. much better than bentley truck which offers nothing new compared to range rover. i predict it will bring lambo sales above ferrari for 1st time ever. only question is, what took them so long. this shouldve been out 10 yrs ago

gt_lusso likes this.