The URUS, the world's first Super Sport Utility Vehicle! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The URUS, the world's first Super Sport Utility Vehicle!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Andrew R., Nov 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    So disappointing, they are one of the best known brands in the world, not for creating average cars but for creating jaw dropping vehicles, who in the hell let them say yes to that generic looking thing.

I'm sorry but the Bentley and Alfa look better than that, the LM002 was and is still better looking, is this Audi ownership finally making it's mark on the brand?

ken qv, plastique999 and Nuvolari like this.
  2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Well, I was always thinking of buying a Range Rover and like the new Velar a lot. But I found its media system a disaster. So - I´ll keep my Cayenne a while...

I am pretty sure that the Urus will become a success.

3. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I'll look on the pre-owned side when they are sub 130k

4. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Yup I did. Me and 3 mechanics spent 4 hours on it. Hahaha

wbaeumer likes this.
  5. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not shure if anybody should buy this car once out of warranty,1/2 price or not, personally,i would not touch it with a 10 foot pole,unless its fully covered,bumper to bumper. This car is the perfect lease car,if i ever saw one.

6. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Post Audi I thought the lamborghinis have been pretty reliable right? Gallardo seems, but maybe you are seeing problems with the more recent cars?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I have never really been a fan of SUVs, but I think the next vehicle I'll buy is a pickup. A few of my friends have F150s with quadcabs and decent options and they are pretty nice inside now. And they can actually do stuff like tow and move boxes/furniture when needed without issue unlike SUVs.

tbakowsky likes this.
  8. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yeah, the F150 is an awesome truck... and the Ranger is coming back to America later this year!

I think you guys will like the Urus once you drive it.... feel, performance, etc... it really is a great SUV.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    True, only car I won't touch out of warranty is a Mclaren. If any high line car has been maintained properly and cared for I'm not afraid to take the chance.

10. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #111 Andrew R., Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    The driving experience exceeded what I thought it would be, acceleration, braking, build quality, feel... all fantastic. More technology than I am used to in a Lamborghini, but you quickly get used to it. And I really like that the turn signal indicator is the traditional stalk setup. (as opposed to the Huracán)

I look forward to seeing how the Urus does off the road. I am sure there will be some driving experience events in the works from Automobili Lamborghini!

Extreme, but still suitable to be a daily driver... the people that have their orders in will be extremely happy once their super suv arrives.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

anunakki and EarlyCat like this.
  11. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    I would like to see a picture of the production Urus alongside the concept car...

12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I do not like white on exotics, because white makes everything look like a Camry or F-150, but it really does work on the Urus. Congrats and enjoy the ride! :)

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Audi did a great job with this Q7 variant. I like it, but knowing what it is undernieth, I could never spend the money on it..

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I was at the factory just like the white Urus and took a test drive in one. Mine should be here by the end of the month and I'm looking forward to it. Finally a lambo I can use everyday to do whatever I want. I like the car and hope it is what I'm expecting. I plan to drive it daily.

IPO1, Gh21631 and Boomhauer like this.
  15. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    Yes! I have a Range Rover Sport Supercharged, which I love, but the infotainment system absolutely SUCKS! Really bad!

16. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Mag test vs Huracan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I have a range rover too and the infotainment sucks as well.

18. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #119 IPO1, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Mine arrives next month. Going to be a ton of fun...651HP...yes please.

For those crying, VW is smart as hell for sticking with a common platform across 3-4 brands. All are very different cars (especially URUS for those that actually read up on it).

70% of Urus buyers have never owned Lambo. Pretty smart move if you ask me into brand introduction. And $$ will finance the car side so they can keep pumping out amazing exotics...with NA, unlike others...cough.

Can't wait to see what Ferrari SUV is based on...Alfa Stelvio or Ram truck?

19. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    They look like everything else .. willing to bet they drive like all the other suvs out there too.

20. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Never seen one in the flesh, but got a report from my buddy in Norway,there is one in his neighborhood, he thought it was a Lexus,at first, his biggest complaint was its to narrow, does not make a wide ,bad ass Lambo statement. As the 002 did back in its day, Pre Hummer H1, wich made anything look wimpy.lol

ken qv likes this.
  21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #122 IPO1, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    LOL. You 'got a report from a buddy in Norway' who saw one driving on the street. Great review.

You obviously have not driven one.

Haters going to hate :rolleyes:

Hawkpilot6060 and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    You are right,not a great review. Just one persons impression posted, i will post my own,once i see it in the flesh, i suspect there will be a few around,juding by my customers existing transportation.

23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I think from a looks perspective it's a love/hate, remember 488 release--yikes you would have thought world was coming to an end. Do drive one if you get a chance--and make sure to try in Corsa mode.

Cheers

24. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I will,judging by pictures,the dark blue with natural leather looks great.

IPO1 likes this.