The V6 is here | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The V6 is here

Discussion in '296' started by Ferrarium, Jun 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
  3. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I did, it's why I have the opinion I do. I do not like the SF90 and I think it's the wrong direction for Ferrari personally.

To me a hybrid power train is like attaching a VHS machine to a tube TV. I'm down with a pure electric sports Ferrari at some point but if it has a gas engine in it I pretty much want a V12 and certainly no extra battery junk.

The inside of my 812 smells like the inside of a gucci bag. The SF90 is the first Ferrari that smelled like plastic like my Corvette. Also really didn't like moving all the controls to be touch instead of real buttons.

Solid State and Tsachi458 like this.
  4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Is it possible to load larger PDFs here I have an 8MB one?

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    You are the first person I've come across that said that they don't like the way it drove. But of course to each their own! I'm just surprised.

6. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

ZERO CHANCE

7. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    So I drove it back to back with my 812.

Power delivery of the SF90 is absurb. But the transition between electric boost and the engine didn't feel clean and linear to me, it felt weird and mechanical. The car turns great for sure but the weird interaction of the hybrid system didn't make me happy.

The sound is just sad compared to an 812.

The amount of electronics and complex junk going on in the dash made me extremely unhappy as well. Even things as simple as changing the manettino setting ends up splitting your view between the dash and the wheel since the thing isn't properly labeled on the steering wheel. Touch controls are garbage compared to actual buttons. Every single direction they are picking for these cars is IMHO wrong and not Ferrari.

Decisions are driven by eco nonsense and emissions regulations. I guess I'm aging out of the car market but none of these hybrid cars are of any interest to me at all. When can I buy a new Ferrari V12 coupe? When can I buy one with real knobs and buttons like my 812? It's super sad to me the direction they are going in.

Tomw384, BJK, Solid State and 5 others like this.
  8. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    I’m with you 100%. Decisions are being driven in Belgium by a group of people that would prefer that we ride bicycles.

graeme355, Napoli and Thecadster like this.
  9. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    True, while they lord it around in their private planes, gas guzzling super yaughts, chaufer driven luxury cars taking them home to one of their mansions. But it's not really the beuarocrats that make the decisions, they are just the puppets of those who really hold the power.

fil likes this.