The worst thing that happened to F1 in a long time | FerrariChat

The worst thing that happened to F1 in a long time

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifosi12, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The new owners weren't dumb enough by getting rid of the grid girls. No, they came up with an even worse idea: Moving all the F1 times (practice, qualifying and race) way up in the day.

So Friday first practice will be now at 11am and 2nd at 3pm. 3pm? That was normally the time I left the track to be home at a decent hour for dinner.

Race is now 3pm so in Europe it will interfere with Soccer and you know who will win that toss.

I absolutely hated last year when they moved qualifying in Austin so late just because Timberlake could hold his silly concert. I didn't go of course but didn't realize that was just the beginning of worse to come.

They are really tearing the sport apart. Piece by piece.

daytona355, bernardo66 and Bas like this.
  2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    How in the hell did they miss that important bit of information? LM are basically writing off the entirety of the European cycle with this blazing bit of incompetence.

375+ likes this.
  3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Hahahahaa! I'll watch MotoGP AND Football, as we call it here! :D

4. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    Im an early riser so the Canadian F1 timeslots early Sunday morning worked perfect or me. In fact I loved when races like Australia, China, Japan and Malaysia were on because I would PVR them and watch them at 5am. I'm not a big fan of the times getting pushed back so looks like Ill be PVRing more races and watching them at night because I'm too busy during the day. Hardest part is avoiding spoilers throughout the day.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    See I didn't even think of the footballism. But you're right.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    All these time changes must be because of them analyzing tv viewing times. That's why they said they moved the races ten min after he hour because some TV broadcasters would cut it off beginning of races.

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm similar:

In Europe GPs were always a bit of a pain because there goes your Sunday. Here in the States you can watch the race with your breakfast and then still have the whole day to yourself. Great.

Not anymore. Now they'll be more an intrusion of the day in the States and in Europe they will compete against Koenig Fussball. Good luck with that. Morons.

8. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I think they are playing for the US market. The 2:00 pm UK start time was 5:00 am in California. Now the mainland US times will be 9, 8, 7, 6 am. I'm sure they think they will be picking up thousands of viewers.

crinoid likes this.
  9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The old schedule conflicted with my lunch time. I´d prefer 2:30 p.m. but I´ll settle with 3:10.

This was done to please American F1 neophytes so it´s your fault, Americans: you should have got into F1 in the 70s, as everybody else did. In Europe it´s difficult to not overlap with football, as there is a football match almost every hour in Sundays.

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I've been PVRing my races, so whenever they broadcast is moot for me.
    I read about the winners and highlights on the net before watching and fast forward the boring bits.
    If I read that the race was a snooze....I don't even bother.
    Quite frankly I would rather pack a lunch and take the wife for a leisurely drive on my Sunday mornings.

On occasion I watch it with the Montreal Scuderia Ferrari Club. So that might throw a few folks off.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Time does not mater to me--I record the event, and watch it later--when convenient.

What I would like to be able to do is record the spanish station and the english station at the same time, then edit out the english commercials with the spanish non-commercial time.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Apparently Liberty never heard of the DVR

tifosi12 and Matt LaMotte like this.