The Yellow 1989 328 orphan spotted... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Yellow 1989 328 orphan spotted...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Tod328gts, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Look at the picture in the link, it is more difficult than that: The center console and other parts are red too.

And based on Tod's remarks about the yellow paint job, it sounds like they'd be best off repainting the car and keep the interior.

2. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    There is a 348 in Vegas at Caesar's mall (The Forum Shops) in some art gallery. The entire car has been painted by an artist, Christian Lassen,that is well known for his sea and aquatic themed art. This yellow burst of flavor should be taken by someone and instead of a "what do I do now" gig, maybe he or she can paint it into some funky moving display. Or better yet, strap some hotdog images on the side and that becomes the fastest Wiener-Mo-Bile ever. Just kidding.

RocketBoy

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not a bad idea. Remember the BMW M-1 art cars from the seventies?

I'm still trying to find a Liechtenstein and a Warhol car. They're supposed to come out as 1/18 models this year. I saw the original cars in the BMW museum in Munich, they're just awesome.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I remember that there was a liitle more Red in it besides the seats. I learned something new today,too. I always thought that the German Racing colors were Silver. I always saw Silver Mercedes racers.. Silver Beemers. Silver Porsches. Those old 550 Spiders were all Silver. Guess I just ASSUMED,again:)

I remember about 20+ years ago. I believe it was MTV that had a contest that someone could win one of Each year Corvette's made from 1953 to Date,(around 1984,I think) Anyway.Some Homeless guy won,(As I recall) and the Artist,Peter Max bought all of them from him,and painted them all different Peter Max style,Psychedellic Colors. Don't know what ever happened to those cars,though.....

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now THAT's a coincidence Tifosi12. I have the Dave Merak prints of BOTH those cars on my dining room wall!

Your local BMW dealer can get the 1:18 of those. Not sure of these particular two have been issued yet. I'm going to mount the cars next to the prints, on a wood trophy base plate.

Willhoit says he may change this interior. He's sold twenty porsches in the meantime! Ya'll check out his site! A good guy.

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well, it is a small world after all. Especially in exotic cars and if you add pop artists to the mix the niche gets really small and cozy.

A friend of mine has a M3 and gets the BMW mag, so he can keep me posted, but in case you see the Liechtenstein or Warhol cars, let me know please. I remember being at the museum in the seventies looking at these "wasted" M1s. Well, I guess those two must now be worth a fortune.

Frank, you have a point about silver being Germany's racing colors. Truth is, they don't know themselves. Today it is either white or silver.

A Max painted Corvette would nicely go with the two M1s. Imagine!