They're already sneaking Christmas stuff into the stores... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

They're already sneaking Christmas stuff into the stores...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FarmerDave, Nov 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think it's a shame that this stuff is starting so early. I sound like my father.

2. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    I'm right with you bud. I saw my first Christmas commercial on TV yesterday. I mean, I could live with after Thanksgiving but COME ON!

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Did you know that Hallmark doesnt make cards for when you are giving sx toys to your chick ? Thats a gross oversight :)

4. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm with you. The stores are full of Christmas stuff, 90% of the population in the U.S. observes Christmas, Christmas accounts for 50% of the yearly profits for many stores and yet you will not hear a store clerk utter the words Merry Christmas!

"Have a nice holiday" is best left for Columbus Day. It is ridiculous for Christmas.

John

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    You are too attached to reality to be a good politically correct Zombie :)

6. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There are none for swingers either.. those lame 'friend' cards just don't cut it. ;)

7. ferrarigtofan

ferrarigtofan Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2005
    USA
    If Christmas was not sandwiched between other religious holidays, I believe the "Merry Christmas" may be more acceptable. Move Christmas to the middle of June where it can not be mistaken for Hannakuh or Kwanza (sp?). It would not bother me if some said "Happy Hannakuh" to me by accident, I wouldn't correct the person, I'd just say "thank you". I do not understand why people get worked up over this stuff, but obviously it bothers them so "happy holidays" works for me and it covers everyone since New Years is a holiday regardless of religious beliefs.

Before anyone gets too worked up about Christmas please remember the celebration is not about getting yourself a 62" plasma TV but of the birth of Christ. Why do you buy yourself and your family presents to celebrate someone elses' birthday? Imagine you go to a friend's 50th birthday party and instead of giving a gift you say "hey Bob, I got myself a new set of clubs to celebrate your birthday", WTF?

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I will not eat at any restaurant that plays Christmas music and I got all of my shopping done last August....Bahhh Humbug!