Thinking about a 720s velocity | FerrariChat

Thinking about a 720s velocity

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by mark77, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mark77

mark77 Rookie

May 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    mark
    Hi all,

First of all I’m not from the US. I’m just converting the currency for easiness.

I’m selling my Huracan in a month or so and the 720s is currently my first next choice. I originally wanted a used one as I’m limiting my budget to $300K, but there aren’t any around where I live, so I started thinking about importing from Europe.

Anyways, putting the EU import idea aside. I went to my local dealership today just to check their inventory and they had 3 new almost fully-specced 720s’s for sale, all between $400-450K. However, the thing is one of them is a fully specced 720s MSO velocity.
    The story they told me is that a guy bought it for $570K only to earn a slot for the Senna, and then gave it back to the dealership as part of the payment without it being driven a single mile. They are listing it now for $450K.

I do think it’s definitely the better buy out of the other “normal” 720s’s. But I’m concerned about depreciation. It’s the reason I was looking for used in the first place. What do you guys think, would the 720s Velocity edition take as big of a hit as the normal 720s or hold out its value better? How has that gone with past McLaren’s? I’m thinking I might avoid the huge price hit because the first owner supposedly took it, am I thinking straight?

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If you are going to worry about depreciation, don't buy new.

What part of the world are you in? Does the car have a sticker, so you can see the actual price?