Thinking about buying my first Ferrari | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Thinking about buying my first Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Toolfan2, Jan 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
  2. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Make sure to have a good supply of cash available to fix your car, or be prepared knowing that there will be unexpected service bills that could come to what a new Kia costs.
    It is not unusual at all the incur a 2 to 3K service bill for just a few items and this may occur several times in one year. Then there may be the unexpected larger service if anything major needs repair.
    It goes along with the cars. They are beautiful and when they run, they are great, but they are fragile beasts.

3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Hey Tool, how bout those pics?!?!?

4. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Hey Tool,

I love yellow Ferraris, where are the pics?

<bump>

5. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    I haven't gotten around to it yet. I haven't even had time to drive my car! Besides the day I bought it I haven't even touched it. Been to busy with work, and other more "important" stuff. :(

6. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Ahhh, come on , just a few quick phone camera pics?

7. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    I don't have a phone camera, besides i'm gonna have to get them developed anyways and scan them. I'm not a taking pictures kind of person so I don't have a digital camera or any of that other crap. :p

8. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    WHERES GENTRY???

9. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    YooHoo Tool, how 'bout a Serial Number then?

10. PerryJ

PerryJ Formula 3

Jun 5, 2003
    N. Alabama
    Full Name:
    John Perry
    Where's Maranelloman, with the,
    "This thread is useless without pics" sign ??

11. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Toolfan
    Make up your mind, can't you take the pics becuase its too dark, or because you don't have a digital camera?
    Curious minds are enquiring.

12. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

What a tool.

13. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    Is this really so hard to understand? I couldn't take the pics the night I got the car, and I still haven't been able to get around to it. And once I do take them I have to get them developed. Now lay off and stop bugging me about it, as if you haven't already seen a Modena a thousand times before anyways.

14. redwheels

redwheels Rookie

Jan 27, 2005
    Tooly, we are growing impatient with this thread...produce the evidence!!

15. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    Toolfan - Congrats. I must commend you on choice of color [my 328 is yellow] and LET'S SEE THE PICS!!!

16. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    He'll show them to us, he just wants to build up the suspense a little.

Come on Toolie, yer teasing us here.

17. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    This sounds so familiar. Some guy asking advice/picking our brains...all excited....finally, he "pulls" the trigger..gets us all excited, and then..then the excuses start. Then the attitude begins. From nice guy, to a...well you all know what I mean. Garage is dark. Don't have a digital camera, waiting to scan the picture. Instead of getting all excited/attitude, and all of us starting to doubt you, post the Vin#. That will end all of our doubts. Otherwise, I doubt that you even own a Saab! Maybe a Schwinn. Post the Vin and pictures so we can all say, nice car.

18. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Considering all the people that chimed in to help out, it's rude to jerk them around if he truly bought the car.

I followed this thread from the start and he seemed a little squirrely to me the whole time. All the questions lacked focus and the seriousness of a guy really plunking down bucks for a Ferrari.

Ken

19. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  20. skyhigh

skyhigh Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    SoCal
    #120 skyhigh, Feb 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How about a Ferrari Schwinn :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Muteki

Muteki Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2004
    Guam
    Man, I know when I bought my 308 many many years ago. I took pictures even before I drove it out of the lot. I took pics with the guy that sold me the car and the for sale sign, etc..............I guess I was excited about the biggest investment I even made.

22. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    Look I know it looks real bad and I am sorry for not posting the pictures. I just haven't done it yet, simple as that. But I don't get the point for you guys to be so nasty about it. I've shown you a lot of respect, you think you could do the same?

Urotrash, hehe that is advice you guys gave me and said was the best way to find a good car.

Ken, I didn't think my questions lacked focus and seriousness at all. But i've been using the internet for a long time and I can tell you it is hard to understand someones intentions and what they really want. I tried to make myself as clear and understandable as possible, if my questions didn't seem good or it looked like I wasn't looking at this the right way then someone should have spoke up and said something. "Hey toolfan I don't quite understand what you are getting at here?" would have been real nice. But did anyone do that? No, no one did. I appreciate your help, but it is unfair for you guys to start this witch hunt over things I didn't know about. Coming up with excuses like I wasn't asking the right questions so I must be a lieing bastard!

Until then why don't you calm down and stop pushing the issue? I'm not even obligated to post anything and show that I bought the car. And quite frankly I don't care if you guys believe me or not. I'll take the pics and post them when I get around to it. It is just that pleasing a lynch mob on the internet isn't a top prioty of mine. This started out as a awsome thread and I really had a lot of respect for you guys, and I treated you as such, but now you are getting worked up over something trivial. The internet of all places seems like a silly place to get pissed off at someone don't you think?

As for the VIN number, no absolutely not. I'm offended that you guys would even ask for it, especially since you know damn well what kind of infomation you can get out of it. I don't want someone like Urotrash with the kinda attitude he has displayed here having my personal infomation.

Until then how about a picture of a goat with what looks like very large testicles? Everyone likes a picture of a goat!

[​IMG]

23. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I remember when I bought my 308. By the time I drove it home, it was 10 PM. However the following morning, my mother-in-law (and a few of the neighbors) was snapping away. I would think that the arrival of a Ferrari in someone's home would be an extraordinary event; and that someone who owns a Modena, has the means to buy a digital camera...or spring for a silver or rossa membership.

Sniff, sniff....I smell rotten fish. Here kitty, kitty.

24. Toolfan2

Toolfan2 Karting

Jan 13, 2005
    Washington State
    Ooh right I am going to go out and buy an expensive digital camera that i'm only going to use once to please a few people on the internet with a ego problem. :rolleyes: This is exactly why i'm not quick to get around to doing anything for you guys...

25. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Are you a student of Grafiqdezign 101? If so, you get an A+.