Thinking about selling my Amazing 2007 F430 F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thinking about selling my Amazing 2007 F430 F1

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by FQ1, Apr 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The car has racing attributes that the OEM wheels tend to emphasize. The custom wheels are artwork or jewelry in of themselves. Just looks a bit disconnected to the overall theme of the vehicle. The interior is quite striking, a bit extroverted for sure but makes the car much more personal than the standard choices. Nicely presented overall.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you have a beautiful car, don't take the opinions on the wheels the wrong way- its just for selling your best shot is with the OEM look, so I agree with the others on the wheels. And I think that would apply to any after market wheel. I think the interior came out really really nice.

I think your car is likely worth around 115-120. Reasons are first model year plus steel brakes. You might get a little more but this is about where I think it should be.

Have you had your headers looked at? People will want to know. Good luck with the sale.

3. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    I've had 3 2007 f430's and have never had header issues (they were looked at) and all work has always been done at the local Ferrari dealer by the technician I referenced. I've had the ceramics on the spider and they a little rough in my opinion for the street. Maybe they are better versions now on the 458 but at that time on this car I ordered without based on people being scared of replacing ceramics and them being too rough and not street user-friendly

4. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    All service records are available and the car has been meticulously maintained. This is not cheapest 430 out there but it is one of the latest production 2007 models and is guaranteed to be the cleanest. The car is in showroom condition in and out without the bolsters being beat up, no sticky buttons and without the car looking rough and dusty on the interior or exterior as others I've seen for sale on Fchat and around.

5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I agree 100%

6. 996cupracer

996cupracer Karting

Jan 12, 2006
    Westport, CT
    +8, a bit glitzy for some and may be a more difficult sell and therefore might command a slightly lower ask. But.... the right buyer may fall in love, as I am sure you did, and may even pay a premium. You never know. GLWS.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I missed that your car is 07 not 05. Then I would nudge the car's value up a little bit. Very nice pictures!

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #34 hank sound, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    I believe that in the eyes of a potential next buyer, there is more latitude (acceptance) in terms of how the interior of the car of their focus, was originally optioned.

I don't believe this latitude extends, nearly as much, to aftermarket wheel choices. If in addition to the OEM wheels, the seller offers his/hers aftermarket wheels to the sales mix, cool.

Even as some think OEM may be "ho-hum factory", it's still the benchmark in terms of resale. Never get rid of your OEM wheels. :):)

Cheers, Hank

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

+ 9. GLWS.

10. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    $120-$130k and you're a good sport for taking all that flak about the wheels with such good humor. GLWS.

11. remmy1001

remmy1001 Rookie

Jun 23, 2010
    Canada
    I like your aftermarket wheels makes the car pop. I never really liked the factory 430 wheels.

Like others have said car is somewhere between $115-$125k

12. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Like the car ....but I like the challenge wheels.
    Also I see you are a Gtr fan....+1
    Where in New York is the car located?

13. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    The Cars are in Seattle. I've been getting beat up all day by you guys lol.... In person. Different story. Most people with the negative comments are the same oem minded F folks I see on the road and they fall in love with this car instantly as it makes theirs look basic and like every other one out there. Most people here will love a plain red/tan, me too and that's why I have a spider next to the coupe. Having Options is always good. I've seen some bad aftermarket wheel choices on Ferrari's over the years (trust me), this is the latter. To each their own though. For me and the buyer: they get a choice of which ones they like and they get put on the car the next day by the F dealer = advantage over other F cars (430's). Ask anyone in the Northwest that has seen this car in person and I'm sure they will inform you. Not to mention the impeccable almost new condition it's in, options and low miles.

14. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I think the car will sell at 120k with the stock rims.

15. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    #41 FQ1, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Love the interior and will admit your stock wheels are some of the most boring Ferrari ever made, but the current wheels fall into the bling/gaugdy/gold chain catagory for many of us.

17. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    I love your wheels but I think the POLISHED portions of the wheels are making them BLING too much. I hate the stock wheels personally and just put custom 20" RSV's on mine. I think if you painted the polished portions of the wheels black with the red accents it would flow better.

The biggest thing I hate about the stock wheels is the offset. It is horrible. Looks like your front wheels could have been pushed out a little further as well but despite the comments here I like the individuality of your car! If it sells faster on stock wheels then hey it will work in your favor. Black stock wheels can be found the price of the tires for your 20's! Sell em off separately afterwards.

18. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I find this rather amusing that people don't like your 20 inch rims but in the parts section a guy is selling a totally pimped out body kit for a 458 and everyone that responded loves it.

19. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Exactly!!!!

20. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The LW body kit (my opinion) looks completely awful. Those bolted panels look terrible.

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    WTF!!! why are so many aftermarket wheel haters... If anything paint these black and leave stock ,stock color.

I'm the odd man out because I've never had stock wheels on either of my Ferraris and never received negative comments

22. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Horrendous!

23. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Yes, I agree. That 458 body kit looks horrible. Makes my listed 430 look that much better :)

24. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

You have a beautiful car. Don't let anyone tell you any thing different.