Thinking about selling my Amazing 2007 F430 F1 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Thinking about selling my Amazing 2007 F430 F1

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by FQ1, Apr 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

+1 for original rims, imho. GLWS!

2. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    I believe I saw your car two Friday's ago parked at Marymoor park, nice looking car, but the wheels were a bit too "pimp my ride" for me. LoL! Stunning none-the-less. They did make the car stand out from other red Ferrari's.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  4. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    I think the difference is that the wheel comments are critical but somewhat constructive, whereas there is nothing constructive you could say about that body kit so folks are keeping quiet. When you say everyone I think about 3 people out of a few thousand like it :)

5. geeg

geeg Rookie

Jul 7, 2011
    Dear FQ1, I live in Seattle and I am interested in talking to you about your 430.
    Please email me [email protected]. Many thanks, George

6. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Hello geeg, email sent...

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not sure where we are in the "+" list but I think 7, 8, or 9?

If Justin gets tired of his LaFerrari, well you might have a buyer.... but otherwise?

Were it me I'd list it with BOTH sets of wheels photos

Jedi

8. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

GREAT interior - wow! :)

9. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    lol on the Justin part. Photos of both wheels on the car are in the thread.

10. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Ive been a multiple F car owner for years and Im usually not active on Fchat for a simple reason as a lot of the people seem a little stuck up (take lightly) and they only like vanilla ice cream instead of 31 different flavors of sweetness (still ice cream but flavor variety is good). There also seems to be a big generational gap between the older and younger F owners and that is somewhat apparent in the thread and comments received from both sides. I love the basic OEM F cars as well but we all need to be honest with each other, any RED Ferrari is pretty/very loud and BLING and is screaming for attention (so am I obviously lol). These wheels just help accentuate the Passion and flare of an F car which is what FERRARI IS ALL ABOUT. Trying to tone it down with pretty bland and basic OEM wheels (still nice though) seems a little counterintuitive. I hope that makes sense as that is JMHO.

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Absolutely correct! You do not have to justify your choices in how you outfitted the car...that is entirely a personal choice.

I guess what people are simply doing, is trying to help you sell your car, which requires it appealing to the largest possible audience...which generally means the car remain closer to its factory configuration. But, as Jedi states, showing pictures of the car with both sets of wheels, and offering with both, may possibly reach an even wider audience. I disagree. My (inexpert) opinion is you will probably turn off many potential buyers when they see those aftermarket wheels, and suddenly remove it from consideration, regardless of the great service history and ownership history. Happens in home buying and many other buying situations.

Personally, I can look past the wheels and see a great car, that is why I called Geeg and recommended he contact you. :)

12. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Don't take the criticism the wrong way. I'm sure everyone here on Fchat wants you to sell your car. It seams that the majority of the fchatters do not like the after market wheels especially when they look to buy a car. On a good note, you still have the original wheels. Most likely someone expects the car with the wheels that it comes with. I would suggest to put the original wheels on, try to sell the aftermarket ones, and move on. What you like and what it sells can be two different things. If you get emotional it might hurt your sale. My 2 cents. GLWS

13. 67spider1600

67spider1600 Rookie

Mar 19, 2014
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like the wheels and respect your originality. You still have the stock wheels which is a huge plus because even if someone does not like the aftermarket ones, you still have the originals. People shouldn't criticize the aftermarket ones, its the owners choice and is included with the car as well as stock wheels. There's no need to be mean or harsh. I always feel that if people don't have anything positive to say, they shouldn't say it. Just my 2 cents.

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    +1

15. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Thanks f355spider.

Exactly 67spider1600 and scudF1

16. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
  17. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    #67 FQ1, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    The wheels will put off multiple buyer groups:

(1) Those who want to drive the car (the wheels are both bigger, wider and possibly heavier, completely ruining the handling characteristics of the car). I put oversized HRE wheels on a 360, never again.

(2) Those who don't like the looks. Purely personal so all you can do is poll opinions. I don't like them.

(3) Purists.

(4) Label snobs (I've never heard of Maya and a quick search of Ebay yields some pretty dubious products and marketing alliances - Dub City die casts for example).

Stick some OEM, Scud, Challenge wheels on, your audience increases by a factor of 10. I guarantee if your first post had been with OEM wheels the responses would all have been nice looking car, GLWS.

GLWS anyways :)

19. Cooper

Cooper Karting
    Owner

Feb 25, 2013
    London, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chris Cooper
    Absolutely love everything about your car but absolutely hate the wheels. Good luck with sale!

p.s. I am all for personal expression

20. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Maya is the same company that makes Lowenhart wheels and others which are put onto the higher Mercedes and BMW sedans/cars, Bentleys etc. Again: in person would probably yield a different opinion but your comments regarding purists etc makes sense.

21. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I can't believe I have never seen this car in person. Surely would remember it with the wheels. It is an awesome example with either wheels but I would agree you best route in selling it is to put the stock wheels on and advertise it that way. I wouldn't add any picks with the aftermarket wheels. Sell them separately. You must market to your potential buyers.

22. rob4092xx

rob4092xx Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sell the wheels. I am sure there is some owner of a rap label who would love to have them!

23. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I've seen the car in person, I still hate the wheels but I'm a purist. I do love the interior.

24. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    For crying out loud, get off the frigg'n wheels already! He originally asked (though it's probably long forgotten) what you think his car is worth. He didn't ask for opinions about the wheels. And even then, after the first few posts the point was made concerning the wheels. People sure like to give their opinions, wanted or not; usually not.

25. Asmod3uS

Asmod3uS Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've dealt with the seller on other items in the past, and he was great to deal with!

Good luck with the sale, man!