Thinking of selling my 991T for a 458. Should I? | FerrariChat

Thinking of selling my 991T for a 458. Should I?

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by pninja005, Jan 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Call me crazy but thinking of selling my 6 month old 991T (purchased new) which I love for a 2013 458 Italia.

Car will be DD 6 months a year; winter period I drive a Tesla M3P.

Should I? Crazy?

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    KRAZZZZZZZY. Please keep what you have or get a 992 real Turbo version when it is introduced.

3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Why get rid of a 6 month new T you admittedly love? Should have got the 458 6 months ago unless taking a bath on resale (T's aren't collector status) and sales tax times 2 is your thing.

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    whats crazy is ever choosing a punch buggy over a ferrari, nevermind a 458

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    They are different cars for different purposes. I have 3 Porsche's right now, a one a kind 997S (that only a crazy person would get in), and 991 C4S (has winter tires and is one of my winter fun cars), and a 718 Cayman S (my girlfriends nice weather car). I also have a 458 spider (and other stuff), which is in winter storage. What do you use for the TT (my summer cars come out April 1st go back into storage sometime in November). The 458 is a more exciting car to drive (I have owned 44 Porsche's and there are very few I have not driven, or taken apart in my 48 years of owning Porsche's), but it also draws a lot more attention and is certainly not as practical. Do you drive your car with the traction controls off or on? Most drivers never truly understand what their cars can really do, and if you drive a Ferrari the way you would drive a Camry (I mean no insult just stating an opinion), it will feel like a Camry. If you do drive with all the nannies on OP, learn to drive the car with them off, the car will be a lot more exciting. This is a Ferrari forum so expect there to be bias, I am a not a brand loyal car guy, but without knowing how you drive, it is difficult to advise you on which car would be best. After close to 500 cars, I have learned a few lessons, one is never get rid of a car you love (I have and then have to buy another one at some point, doing it now with an Alfa 4C). Good luck

pninja005 and ronfrohock like this.
  6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    nothing wrong with DD'ing a 458 unless you are doing tons of miles imo