This is completely insane! ! !! !!!! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

This is completely insane! ! !! !!!!

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by JH, May 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    George,

Are you questioning his taste or the fact he is showing the public some of his assets?

Can you explain where the duplication comes into play? As far as i see it, he has a fabulous Lamborghini and Corvette collection (and much more). Yes i can see many Diablos, Murcielagos but each is different (model type and colour). History and rarity probably plays a big part in his collection too. I for one am a huge Lamborghini fan and if i had his money, I would certainly have 22 Lamborghinis, easy! Diablos say a gold 6.0, orange 6.0, a GT, an SE30, an SV, a racing GTR, a strosek model, thats seven already. Still got Miuras, Murcies, LM's, G's etc to go.......

The taste of interior design is not worth commenting on as people have different perceptions as to what is nice and for him, he's done it his way and I'm sure he enjoys it. Whats wrond with having an indoor infinty pool? He's probably got 3 outdoor ones as it is.

As for him displaying the pictures. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but for me, I buzz when i see pictures like this. It amazes me to see such wealth but hell, the world would be a boring place if people didnt sometimes show these things.

Regards,

Matthew

2. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J
    Matthew, I am just ranting about design and I'm sure that's being rude. I have designed some very high end homes, probably just as expensive, but a fraction the size. The owners are very private so you will not see photos or names posted. In my opinion the design of this place is very banal. Compare what you see here with stuff from any Arch Digest, Western Interiors and Design, etc.

What's wrong with an indoor infinity pool? The whole idea is that the edge of the pool separates the reflection of the pool from a wonderful view. In this case that edge reflects wall, columns, windows, etc. Does this look like a fantastic place to go for a party? You bet!!!

Duplication; I think you have made my point. Several Diablos, several Murcies, several Corvettes, etc. Collections of Jon Shirley, Bruce and John McCaw, Greg Whitten, Rob Walton, etc are what's facinating to me. Then I gravitate to vintage cars. Modern cars become yesterday's news way too fast (McClaren F1 is one of the few exceptions to that rule).

Bottom line is 1.) The guy has his toys and he is happy; 2.) He is showing off his toys and most of the folks here love it; 3.) My opinion is just that and for folks such as yourself it amounts to nothing and that's ok; 4.) I like to drool over other peoples toys as well, I just prefer different toys.

I think I've said before I'd kill for some time behind the wheel of many of these cars, I'd just rather own vintage cars. - George

3. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Do you smoke a pipe and wear a tweed cap too? Thats a joke George. ;)

No i can see wear you are coming from.

Kind regards,

Matthew

4. George J.

George J. Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2005
    Bay area, CA
    Full Name:
    George J

Gotta smile out of that....Nigel Shiftright (Phil Frank's cartoon character in Road & Track comes to mind). Actually ol' chap I do not really have a penchant for British cars with their Lucas electrical bits and all you know!

While the architecture I grew up with was not remarkable (some may say banal), I had the good fortune to grow up around vintage Ferraris. As a result I seem to have a great soft spot for vintage Ferraris, Alfas, Lancias, Maseratis, etc. Viva la diferance' (or however that goes) Cheers, George

5. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Where are the interior pics of the house? All I see are garage pics and the first outdoor pics.

6. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    now the site needs a password?

7. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    So the house has armed guards and it sits on a private moutain? Sounds like something out of james bond.