This place just isn't the same........... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This place just isn't the same...........

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FLATOUTRACING, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

I sent Dave the link to this thread. Here's his response:

Snicker...chortle...

Actually, I literally just got home from our 40th birthday trip for my wife, Art. Most of which was spent with her aging & infirm grandparents (94, 91, 86, 84 years old) in the San Jose/Redwood City area. No real spare time to come up to the city, I am sorry to say... :(

Anyway, yes, there was a message on our home phone from DES & Darth (heaven knows how the hell they found my home phone #), and I returned it today, sitting in San Jose airport.

I am honestly flattered & somewhat humbled by the link you sent me. Really haven't checked FC since I departed, plus no internet access during our trip.... Wow, didn't know that I had really made any sort of impact on the other folks. Hmmm....

I leave again tomorrow afternoon to instruct at a Porsche Club track event this weekend near Ft. Worth (Motorsport Ranch), so I guess I had better get back to reading my 121 unread emails....but thanks, Art, for sending this to me. I am grateful. Please tell folks that as well--I appreciate the sentiment. Not trying to make any sort of political statement or anything by departing FC--my stated reasons should be taken at face value. May be back someday, we'll see. Looks like Rob is mellowing a bit (as per the comment in his post on the below thread). Hopefully he got the point.

Best regards,

Dave

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Dave was in the Bay area and didn't say hello?

--Dan

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was mellow the entire time. :)

Break a rule, get your hand slapped. I don't need a drama queen every time someone gets their hand slapped, that's when I'm not mellow.

Maybe Dave needs dozens of beautiful women hanging around all the time allowing themselves to be photographed like EnjoyTheMusic has. :D He's always cool and we know why. ;)

Dave was wrong wrong wrong and always will be, but it was such a small thing and a small punishment. I would hate to see Dave's reaction if punished for something REALLY bad.

You crying drama queen Dave! Get over it. :):):)

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    We are also getting very close to the deadline we set for discovery of WMD in Iraq when those debates were raging. A very convenient time for Dave to be making himself scarce...