This stuff is absolutely VILE! (Bud Light Seltzer Iced Tea) | FerrariChat

This stuff is absolutely VILE! (Bud Light Seltzer Iced Tea)

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Alpintourer, May 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I generally stay away from Budweiser products but I do like their Bud Light Lime on a hot day. It reminds me of the Shandys I used to drink in England during the summer. I also like fruited beers like Magic Hat #9 which has apricot to Belgian Raspberry Lambics. So, I came across this product in the beer aisle yesterday...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Who at Bud let this stuff get past the focus groups. It's terrible. I falls flat in all three categories: seltzer, beer and ice tea. No redeeming value to my tastebuds. I guess I was hoping for a fizzy Snapple Peach Iced Tea with a kick.
    Don't waste your money!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I am liking the various Selzers, typically the clear Vodka ones, not with Tea. I just can't digest beer like I once could, the new Selzers are nice not filling and hydrate as you drink. :)

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    On a scorching Texas summer day, not much better than an ice cold piss beer & a shady spot in the backyard while tending the smoker!
    Bud Light is my preferred. That combo you just described seems kind of all over the place flavor-wise...T

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Pretty much immediately lost me at:

Bud

Light

Seltzer

Iced Tea

Only "Bud" product I ever thought was OK, was "Bud Dry," unless you are talking "Czech Bud."

Light? VERY few beverages I am willing to swallow have that in their description. Will admit? "Coors Light" is not "horrible.

Seltzer? Almost every "hard seltzer" has a horrid "malt beverage" taste.

Iced Tea? I pretty much only like my own "sun tea," made in a glass pitcher, brewed by the sun. No sugar/sweetener, and just a bit of fresh squeezed lemon.

Mondog1 likes this.
  5. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The ONLY Bud I ever liked was Bud Ice? I think, but that was 25 years ago in college. Distributor got a incorrect delivery and was selling for something like 50% off to move it fast. We bought 1 or 2 car loads of it

6. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    WAY back in the day (about late 1989, very early 1990?) Thought "Bud Dry" was OK. But? For mass-market "beer," my go to is still Miller Genuine Draft.

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Budweiser makes truly awful products. No small wonder, then, that all of their bottling facilities are next to sewage treatment plants. Some months ago when aluminum was scarce because of C19 shortages, the only beer left at the local spirits shop was Budweiser. Not a can or bottle left of any other brand, but plenty Budweiser.

8. Jmhatch23

Jmhatch23 Rookie

May 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Pretty much most of the seltzer ice teas are awful. If you are looking for seltzer “High Noon” makes a bunch of different flavors that seem better than other brands. If you are looking for ice tea flavor then firefly ice tea flavored vodka is quite good. Makes a great John Daly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app