This weekend 5/22 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

This weekend 5/22

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, May 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Clyde, nice picture of Noah's car. love it! damn...i love the sexy shape of the 360.

2. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Great run guys! Just got back home, ******* cops!

Thanks Lupe, John, Vik, Noah, Alexandra, Clyde, Hubert and Keith..sorry if I missed anyone.. was great meeting you guys and the run down GS expressway was crazy.. that carrera joining us just topped it all off.. wonderful experience

I think I lucked out at the end.. here's what happened for those who don't know..

I think somebody called us in! The trooper just pulled up to the side of me without any radar on with lights blinking ordering me to pull over..he then asked me to wait there while "I round up the rest of these guys".. then he changed his mind and asked me to follow him.. a little ahead there was this civic which had collided into the divider.. the trooper had to take care of that and couldn't really do anything else.. then i talked to the trooper and IMO i think i got let off pretty easy, $200 in tickets (no speeding ticket and i was going WELL over a 100 on the TP).. waited in the station for a while and then Keith picked me up (thanks a lot for that)

Once again, thank you for the pleasure of your company. Hope to see you guys soon.. I'm sure my dad will join u for future runs, it was a BLAST.. heck for that experience the entire sour ending was well worth it, no regrets

once again, thanks! :)

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Lupe, an extra big thanks for all the help at the end, I really really appreciate it, your advice saved me big time!

And Keith once again, thank you for the pleasure of your company

4. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Egad. My appologies, Hubert. Just realized I fat-fangerd [sic] your name wrong. Sorry :(

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Dang! That's 4 tickets for four members on the last two runs on the tpk. Think they're trying to tell us something?

Glad I took the GSP.

The Porsche & I headed up the GSP for quite a ways together. I gave him a thumbs up & subsequently lost him in traffic somewhere about 145 mile marker. Traffic was heavy. We kept the speed down & thankfully never saw a trooper.

6. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    hey guys had a great time i hope we could do this again it was nice meeting the new guys on this event next time we are bringing holy water to keep the popo away from us by the way nice pictures as allways see u guys soon don't forget jun 26, 10:30 pm at dek'o loung we will have fun. keith thanks you know for what. weather was nice today.

7. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    wow... looks like you guys had a lot of fun! again!
    I really hate getting stuck at the office on nice days!
    Anyone have any more pics?
    Cant wait to join you guys, but think I may need
    a Valentine 1 first! =)

Jon

8. udalmia

udalmia Guest

believe me valentine 1's are not foolproof! none of our v1's went off today, THEYRE OUT TO GET US!

9. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    one question for the 360 owners, and pardon the stupid question (and I tried the search function on the new site format, but no luck),
    but are xenon/HID lights standard or an option? thanks.

10. udalmia

udalmia Guest

11. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
  12. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Here I thought Holy water was only good for warding off Vampires.
    What do you do? Sprinkle it on the car before a run?
    Perhaps we should look into buying it in bulk.
    I wonder if any hand car-wash in the area might use it? :)

(appologies up front: I don't mean to offend any religious folk.)

13. udalmia

udalmia Guest

do you guys think we were called in? I find it interesting that none of our radars went off and neither was I given a speeding ticket

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Ummmmm, with our spirited driving + the proliferation of cells + proliferation of SUVs, I would be surprised if there was just one call in. I'm thinking several dozen. IMHO

Instead of Holy water, perhaps we should look into the "Cell Phone Jammers" Israel has developed for public use. Hmmmmmmmm. No more talking behind the wheel. Hey, sounds like we might be upstanding citizens in directing people's attention to the road instead of the phone. lol

Oh, dang. The FTC says they're illegal in this country. Another brilliant idea gets flushed. :)

15. lupe

lupe Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    we just have to be more alert on the police when they roll up on the rear. i thought we were going to get pulled over when we were trying to get onto the parkway i just wish i could be there when you guys get pulled over so that i could help with the stop it never fails last time i broke away and same occured. any way had a great time today 360 spyder was looking beautiful if you need any thing call me.

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I personally think the cop had nothing on us like the other incident a couple weeks ago. I think the cop actually was trying to get to the accident that was slightly ahead of us in a flash, thus using sirens, and stumbled upon some F cars on the way.

Because the cop never looked at me when he passed me and Keith.....and he couldn't care less whether or not we were there driving Ferraris. After he passed me and Keith, then he caught Utkarsh doing his thang. I think the cop saw the other red F cars accelerate through the traffic when he saw Utkarsh pedal to the metal, and that is why he said that he wanted to "round up the rest of these guys."

Utkarsh, im sooooo happy that u didnt get a points ticket. was worried for you.

Oh by the way....I yelled through the TalkAbout's that I spotted a sirening cop in my rear view mirror, but noone had walkie talkies on OR in their car :(

17. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    it just means that the cop didnt have 'squat' on us cuz we didnt get tagged.

18. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Before the next run I sugest we all practice talking into those TalkAbouts....I had mine on the whole run but could only understand Hubert. Everybody else was garbled. It must be the way we use them.

19. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

says in the manual (just skimmed it for 10 sec) that for optimum sound, place walkie talkie 2-3 inches away from mouth. that's what i was doing....everyone else did the same?

20. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i didnt even have one! damn i gotta get one before the next run (which might not be TOO far for me, i should be in jersey for a week or two in end june/mid july)

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    With a Ferrari engine behind you, you need a walktie-talkie with some volume. Problem with these was that max volume was awfully low. Thought the Talkabout 200 (250?) we used the last time around worked well. I may downgrade. :eek: ;)

BTW, before Utkarsh got pulled over and we were crusing down the Pike, I thought it was kinda sweet to see three 360's (Noah, Utkarsh and Hubert). Great caravan -- wish I had taken some shots.

22. udalmia

udalmia Guest

speaking of shots vik where are yours?
    btw, tell me more about this walkietalkie thing i thought it was just you and lupe using them

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Too tired to size and upload. Will probably do so tomorrow. I didn't take a lot this time around though. Lets see how they turn out.

On the WT's, Hubert and I bought a pair of Motorola T5820's, which we had heard were one of the better GMRS-frequency WT's (I opened a thread on the General Discussion Forum board some time ago to solicit opinions). So we had four WT's in the caravan today, but you can see from my earlier comments that I wasn't happy with them, primarily because of lack of volume. Let's see. Maybe I just need to get used to them.

24. udalmia

udalmia Guest

must get one for next time

adrenaline is such a weird thing, i can still hear those pipes screaming through the back of my head

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Welcome to the dark side. ;)