This weekend 5/22 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

This weekend 5/22

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, May 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I had a 5720 with VOX. The clarity seems better if the volume is low, but the volume can certainly be cranked up. I know if they are all motorola, we can futz with the interferance settings & such perhaps getting better quality vocals.

I did learn....keep it AWAY from V1....all sorts of interferance if they are close.

2. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    This is an awesome golf course. I played the lake and meadow last year and it was a very well manicured course. The cart with GPS is a nice touch, too. Have a good time.

3. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I have some for us to use. I need to get out with you guys next time! Damn work!

4. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003

No the pleasure was all mine. It was nice talking to you. Have a wonderful trip and CALL ME WHEN YOU GET BACK!!!

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Works for me. See you then.

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

****! I can still hear those pipes screaming in my head now! :)

7. udalmia

udalmia Guest

Hubert,

If you're ever considering changing your Tubi I would highly recommend the Capristo.. and those cats have gotta go! Also, Frank said Classic coach are fabricating their own custom exhaust which he claims will blow Tubi and Capristo away.. I wonder what that would sound like..

It was so strange last night I had to take another car out (for obvious reasons) and it felt so ****!.. thats what driving 300+ miles in a day in a f-car does to you

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yeah tell me about it. Driving my car for the 310 miles and then getting in my other car was a pain. I hate when that happens.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    WOW....I wonder if I change my cats to straight...how loud it would be with my windows closed and me rev redlining the car. Cuz if it is toooo loud, I would not change them.

10. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I notice I got about three shades darker yesterday just from all the time spent in the car driving. Unbelievable. Sunscreen for sure next time.

11. udalmia

udalmia Guest

i was just noticing the same thing! top down didnt help either! i dont think i can afford to get any 'browner'

12. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Haha, you and me both!

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    hubert you can ,it is much louder then just the tubi i just ripped my cats out and man i love it .but i could even have it louder if there was something i could do .anyway it took me and my freind 2 hours to take the cats out and put the straight pipes in the dealer will say 5 -6 hours. so if you want to do it let me know i can help you out my friend is a ferrari mechanic and could come right to your home and do it for you if you want?

14. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

brad, thanks for such a generous offer! how much if you dont mind me asking is all this going to cost? PM me the details if u dont want to discuss it openly. and is the decibel level inside the car just unbearable if you have your windows rolled up?

15. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    I can't say how Bradley's car sounded in the cockpit BUT I can say 1st hand how it's sounds from behind. Having spent some time yesterday behind Bradley, I thought I was following a Formula 1 car! When I couldn't see him, I just waited for his RPM's to kick up and followed the roar. Not too intrusive at low RPM,s either. Bradley I would have like to heard you passing me at around 100 MPH or so, but I think your wife started giving you the "evil eye" around 80. :) -MICHAEL

16. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I think Bradley should compare his car to Utkarsh's 360 spyder. Utkarsh put in a Capristo with straight pipes. I drove behind it and it is as loud as an F40.

17. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I've driven behind Jon's F40 & Utkarsh's 360. I think Utkarsh's is *much* louder plus it has certain resonance tones that you can actually feel as he hits certain RPM.

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    is that why you said earlier your fillings in your teeth were about to fall out? :)

19. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Yep.
    I've never experienced an exhaust like that.
    You have good questions though....what does it sound like from inside the car? With the top up? As you pass a state trooper? lol

20. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    well I know what it sounded like :) I was there watching

21. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I can tell you seeing a State trooper speeding up to you after you KNOW you were going well over double the posted speed limit isn't a very pleasant feeling

22. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Soooo true. So how is India?

23. udalmia

udalmia Guest

I didn't go, had to postpone cause of the car being impounded.. have to get it released first

24. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I don't understand. What did you get ticketed for if they didn't have radar you going above the speed limit? Reckless driving? Are you challenging the ticket?
    Sounds like this has caused a lot of hassle, and it doesn't seem like there was any cause. They can't just take other drivers' word for it. If the cop didn't see you do something wrong, how can he get you for anything?

25. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

well i was there and the cop saw him "driving pretty fast". luckily he didnt give up a speeding ticket. probably some jealous people called the troppers AGAIN on their cell phones.