Those of you with Scud Ing F1 Relays... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Those of you with Scud Ing F1 Relays...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Zed82, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Yes, sorry, been very busy at work.

After driving 600 miles since my F1 Fluid was flushed and system recalibrated the 7 beeps are back.
    I made a mistake and should have replaced the Hydraulic Accumulator before the F1 fluid was flushed as that will assure me that the entire system is functioning well.

It can only be 2 things now for me. Either the Hydraulic Accumulator is starting to go bad, or the System is just fine, the F1 solid state relay is just a little on the sensitive side of the default setting.

Im leaving it alone now, I will replace the Hydraulic Accumulator during my next annual service.

2. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Ok. I´m thinking either the accumulator or the bleed screws on the actuator can be the culprit if no leaks are visible. I bought the accumulator so that will be replaced soon. I must say that i don´t notice any irradical behaviour at all from the F1-system. It´s shifting well without delays or other issues even when the fault is indicated.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Same here, my F1 system shifts just fine too. That's why I'm not worried.

Where did you buy your accumulator?

Dan

4. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I bought it online, original spare part for Alfa Romeo. Fits our system too according to Stef. Part number is 0071751195 - 001.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the info.

Dan

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    For those of you that wants to silence the pump operation beeps, here you go.

Thanks to Stef for this short and simple video.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Could be those 7 beeps are going to be the healthiest thing going for F1 systems if it helps more people change the fluid (bleed, leak check, self-test) every three years like we should.

whatheheck likes this.
  8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for your recommendations Taz.

I now get my F1 System serviced every three years. $400 is cheap every three years to ensure F1 System is refreshed and checked to ensure its functioning properly.

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    My system was checked thoroughly last week both with computer and extensive driving in a specific pattern made to trigger errors associated with different parts in the system. They worked on the car for 6-7 hours and also swapped out the hydraulic accumulator. In the end the workshop could not pinpoint a single item for sure. My clutch valve might be leaking a little or the F1 pump is starting to deteriorate. Actuator and e-diff valve are working as they should. The techs suggestion was to continue driving until the system start to emit real issues.

I turned off the operational beeps on the relay and changed the tolerance of fault 7 to 11 seconds instead of 15 seconds. Since then i have not got the fault 7 again but i do get the occasional operational beeps anyway. It´s a little bit annoying to be honest.

10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing info.

To silence F1 pump operation beeps please see my post number 56 above. I just did it to mine and it works.

Dan

11. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Tried that, didn´t help. Still get the occasional beeps.

12. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Heh, this is why I got the normal Relay, haha.

13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I suggest you try it again.

I had to do the set up twice to make it work. My operational beeps are now silenced.

14. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Curious to know if anyone installed this on a 360 in combination with the CS TCU.

15. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yes, I have the Basic Version along with a CS TCU.

02360spider likes this.
  16. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Got a response from Scud Ing about it:

"No need to disable the normal beeps again, I'm certain you did well. Now these very short beeps you're hearing are what we can hysteresis elimination beeps. We discovered that the TCU has quite a serious bug and will try to activate the pump for very short periods of time, like 250 milliseconds only which is of course disastrous for the pump. The eMT ECU eliminates such TCU pump requests and informs you with a very short beep. Such beeps can't be disabled. If this happens often, there is good chance that the pressure sensor is at fault."

17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Got it.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

18. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    The beeps are getting really irritating and the other day i got a fault 1 out of nowhere when the car was turned off. Everything works as it should and my workshop can´t find anything wrong despite 8 hours of testing, driving, diagnosing. We have listened to the pump and it cycles normally without any weird noises or extended cycles. I think i´m just going to plug out the relay ECU and keep driving.

19. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    For those of you with the 7 beeps, although I do not have the unit yet (think I will just get the basic as the dealer just O/K'ed the f1 system), you most likely need the acculumator. I have put 4k miles on my car since I bought it last year. It has never missed a shift or gone to neutral. But I had it in the shop for the f1 I believe was acting up. They initially put new potiemeters in the F1 actuator, then brought it back and they found it was leaking pressure from the acculumator. Like I said, never didn't shift, but I though it primed too often. Everyone said I was crazy, turns out it did have a very small leak on the acculumator. Something to consider, since I'm not a engineer but don't know if the very minor leak would cause other issues like getting air in the system.

whatheheck likes this.
  20. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Swapped the accumulator. Still getting beeps but no fault 7 since I altered the warning to 11 sec. What gets to me is the constant beeping when pump cycles. Also got my system thoroughly checked and OK:d.

21. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    I should also say that I’ve been in contact with Stef on the matter and he’s very helpful but i just can’t keep throwing big dollars on a potential issue. My Ferrari tech just shakes his head and tells me to keep driving until I have a real issue.

22. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I think that's the best advice I've heard...

23. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just installed mine. Easier then I thought. Bought the advance version to have easy access to the lights and button. Only drove a few miles and honestly the shifts do feel smoother. Could it be because I disconnected the battery and ECU is relearning?

24. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Just so you guys know I believe they updated the software they ship out now and comes without the constant beeping people are talking about. I think they disable it by default now and can be turned on through the programming. However the fault alert is still active.

25. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Yes they did, too bad they didn’t do it earlier. The constant beeping is surely something that is spoiling the experience of the car to the extent that I considered removing the ECU unit altogether.