Thoughts on this Maser? | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this Maser?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 3POINT8, Aug 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    This GT Sport looks very very nice, most available options are on board (only exterior and interior carbon options, carbon brakes and the MC-rear axle are missing). Yes, definitely a beautiful car!

The price I can't conclusively judge, but to me it seems to be really an attractive offer, IMO worth a purchase.

(I guess I'm wrong. However, check the air condition display, I can't understand why there are no figures and symbols displayed when its light is on. Maybe a kind of sleep mode...)

3. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Not sure about offer, but a few things:

1. Check records--is there a major service coming up? If they say that they did it when the car came in, get it on paper. If it can't be put on paper, it didn't happen.
    2. Pull out the dipstick--sometimes there's a bit of rust at the top of the dipstick where it enters the receiver tube--I know because I just had it all replaced on my 2010 Maserati GTS. If there is rust, you might ask them to replace dipstick, receiver tube, and grommets/seals. Save yourself $470...
    3. Hop on some of the generic websites that allow you to see the same year and car all over the US. Cargurus.com at least gave me other GranTurismos for sale and allowed me to look at prices.
    4. Look the car over a lot. Take your time. And look at other cars online within a day's drive--so you have options. You might not test drive all options, but it's good to know what else is out there. I was considering another 2010 base model in Grey as well as a 2013 in Blue. It's good to have options. And there seem to be lots of these for sale--depreciation is good for us buyers!
    5. Does it have a car cover ($400 I think)?
    6. Does it have the full manual(s), tire inflator, tools in the kit?

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head. Every time I drive mine I feel like I won the lottery. PM me if you need more input or would like to speak on the phone. Good luck!

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    awesome thanks for the imput. i am working through the checklist.....

5. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay