Thoughts re:355 gts on ebay | FerrariChat

Thoughts re:355 gts on ebay

Discussion in '348/355' started by 95acuransx, Dec 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95acuransx

95acuransx Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-TARGA-TOP-1996-FERRARI-355-GTS-K-40-RADAR-CAR-COVER-SEAT-COVERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6212QQitemZ4596711158QQrdZ1

21k miles, major service done 4/01. This car had been on ebay about 5 months ago by a porsche dealership. It didn't sell. The dealership web site dropped the price to $69k. It seems to have been bought by Sport Auto and they listed it in the Dupont Registry 9/05 for $82,500. It was then leased on 11/05 and now it's back for sale. Anyone know anything about this car or have any comments? The exterior looks great and the interior only seems to have the typical console bubbling. Also, it will be due for a major service in about 6 months. I really would like a black/tan GTS and through my research it does seem that dealers frequently buy from one another and the car has passed hands several times in the last 6 months. I'm thinking the person that leased it didn't make the first payment. The dealer selling it on EBay has a large and perfect feedback score. Again, comments are appreciated.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    May be a tad high on the price--but remember that is the ASKING price!!! Make some calls if your interested...

3. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells

It's beautiful! Too bad it's not a GTB :)

4. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Yes I agree---my next one will be a B car...

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    $75,000 tops! Too bad it doesn't have the challenge grill.

6. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Nice looking car. The price is a little high. Make certain to get a PPI. Tim

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    I think the price is reasonable. If you like the color and the PPI is ok buy it.

8. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Overall the car looks good. Two things stand out to me that you might want to pay closer attention to. 1) The rear bumper does not look like a US spec bumber since it does not have any rectangular looking holes in the bottom. Take a look at this one as a reference: http://www.allsportauto.com/english/wallpapers.php3?zl_id=14581&zl_idMD=1275
    If the bumper is in fact a Ferrari bumper then it might be a Canadian spec one which is heavier then the US one but it also has higher impact resistance. Unfortunatley it might not be a Ferrari bumper at all which would be bad since then it would not have any impact resistance, so take a closer look at it.
    2) The bypass valve in the engine bay does not look like a stock unit. It might be better then the stock one but it is not stock so check it out carefully too. Good luck :)