Throttle cable | FerrariChat

Throttle cable

Discussion in '206/246' started by possum, Feb 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    #1 possum, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Have had problems with throttle cable caught a couple of times pedal to the floor and nothing adjusted the cable under the floor where it seemed to be slipping through the holding bolt, today caught out again lucky I had a string line in the boot so did the thru the window trick.My question is where the cable rolls over the triangular section and through the bolt with the hole in it, what secures the cable in position does it rely on the bolt being tightened to me this is not the answer.On most cables there is a stopper on the end of the cable mine had none and according to parts book it doesnt show one either,have included some pics of the arm the cable rolls over any thoughts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #2 greg246, Mar 4, 2009
  3. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    #3 possum, Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks Greg,have just realised why there is no imput into this thread,left hand drive cars have a different set up to right hand drive cars,LHD have a moore superior set up than RHD the later relying on inserting the cable through a hole in a bolt and then tightens up so the cable squashes up against the bizzo the cable rolls over (picture).I decided to try an alternative method puting the cable through the bolt hole then looping the cable over the bolt and swaging works fine,I have enclosed a couple of pics, 1 of the cable looping ,the 2nd is my better alternative where I am making a barrel out of an old door pin drill it out to fit the cable and stopper and fit it where the original (bent) bolt went,hope this all makes sense.Ive had to drop my fiberglass floor pan about 4 times so far as my inspection plate bolts are all rusty.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Johnno- Your post reminded me of changing the throttle cable on my US Dino 246 GT and not having much trouble doing it. Then it dawned on me that I had blown off the belly pan at 135 mph in West Texas a month or so before the cable broke. Access was very good after that. Never did find the belly pan. Scared my wife and I half to death when it came off. Ka-Whomp, and all the dirt in the carpets flew up at us.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

5. possum

possum Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2008
    australia
    Full Name:
    johnno
    Im still having trouble with my cable had to use my ball of string again to get home I think my swage idea has failed,not detered I will have another go.I noticed though that I was not getting full revs,when adjusting the cable I had the foot pedal at an angle I thought was right but it seems when I pressed to the floor it was not opening the butterflies enough,my question is should I open the carbys fully and then adjust the cable while the pedal is flat to the floor so when I take my foot off the pedal it goes back to its proper position,hope this makes sense.