Throttle stuck wide open | FerrariChat

Throttle stuck wide open

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jjustin, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    Hi Guys,

I've had a 1995 F355 Berlinetta for a couple of weeks so I'm not used to the little 'quirks' that some of these cars have yet, but I had a little incident with the throttle getting stuck open today and I'm not sure if this is normal? (hope not!)

I pulled out onto a main road headed towards traffic lights and tried to accellerate but the pedal felt very stiff. I poked it a bit harder and the car shot forward as expected, but didn't want to stop! The throttle jammed open so I calmly started braking while considering the best course of action while hurtling towards the traffic lights (red by the way!) and turned the key off and pulled over.

I stuck my foot under the pedal and tried to lift it up but I cant remember if it came up or not. I started the car and it instantly revved so I turned it off again. I pumped the pedal a few times, started it again and it was fine.
    I didn't really take the time to think about what I was doing, but I remember thinking that it was stuck from the engine end rather than the pedal for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas about what it may have been? I need to get it checked out ASAP but I thought some of you chaps may have an idea?

2. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Welcome Justin.

Sorry I can't help

But welcome anyway.

I'm sure one of the othe guys will chip in.

Wazza

3. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I had a similar scary moment on my first drive in mine..the carpet mat had slipped forward (as a result of me being a short-arse and moving the seat forward), and was kindly depressing the accelerator on my behalf.

Who said being short doesn't get you killed?

4. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    Thanks everyone.
    It seems like a couple of other people on PH have had the same problem.

It's booked in for Tuesday to be checked out. Maybe it was trying to tell me it dosent like being driven in the snow :)

5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Justin

yes there is an update to the linkage, make sure this is done and they don't just add some greae etc!

6. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b

Thanks, I'll be sure to take that up with them.